Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-20-2014, 02:10 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,146,258 times

Advertisements

Truthfully speaking, I don't have a problem with chubby women wearing a 2 piece, especially if it's flattering to her figure. It's the ones who are obese, with rolls hanging in every direction, that I can't help but wonder why they wore a 2 piece. If that same person was wearing a 1 piece, I wouldn't give it a second thought, since you've gotta wear something. I feel the same way about obese men in speedos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 02:13 PM

893 posts, read 885,667 times
This thread is useless without PICS!.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:17 AM

20,369 posts, read 14,644,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakscsd View Post
It is completely unattractive. Get a cover up or something . Seriously, we make horrible jokes when we see a fat girl in a bikini. No one wants to hook up with a fatty and it starts by first impressions. Friends don't let friends become chubby chasers.
This amuses me because the poster is supposedly from Seattle. Who wears a bikini in Seattle anyhow? Wouldn't it clash with the Starbucks, knit scarf, and ironic nerdy reading glasses or something?

OK, that was uncalled for. But so is much of the shaming of any ol' group of people. I admit, when someone is SO heavy that they are not able to move about on their own, they are to the point of being handicapped by it, that is a different thing. But if we're talking about a woman "jiggling" at the beach, well. There are a LOT of men who are totally into that. Some aren't. But I think people can chill on the nastiness either way.

I love this, and it even has the naughty language censored out (it is "safe for work."):

http://images.elephantjournal.com/wp...ikini-body.jpg

And it's worth mentioning that you actually don't have to be heavy, or skeleton thin, to be uncomfortable in a bikini. They make me nervous. I am forever plucking and twitching at them because I feel like "stuff might fall out." I've never found one that fit me well enough to alleviate this. It's probably mostly in my head, but I don't care. I'm 5'3" and about 130 lbs, not a really heavy woman, but ya know...I finally found my dream suit. I've bought 2 from this one website. They are both one-piece suits with a "retro cut" which means kinda low in the leg areas...not the ones that are almost like shorts, no... But I'm more comfortable in them than I've ever been in any suit ever.

I own these two, and love them:

SWIM NOIR: INSIDIOUS TEMPTATION - ONE PIECE RED/BLACK VINTAGE GOTHIC BATHING SUIT
SWIM NOIR: ARC OF JOAN ONE PIECE GOTHIC BATHING SUIT

I'd like to say, "Wear whatever you are comfortable in, and rock it happily and awesomely." But until I found these, most bathing suits did nothing for my happiness. I was wretched if I had to shop for one. I think most women have features that make us frown at mirrors, and swimsuits tend to highlight most of those. I think I prefer to say BEST OF LUCK, LADIES, in finding a swimsuit that makes YOU happy.

Old 10-24-2014, 03:29 PM

337 posts, read 1,431,564 times
I've always said....."Just because you CAN, does NOT mean you SHOULD!"

Old 10-24-2014, 04:13 PM

1,152 posts, read 1,277,417 times
Doesn't bother me in the least - I find a friendly and pleasant woman of any weight or shape vastly more attractive than a self centered knockout with a mean streak.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:00 PM

4,560 posts, read 5,413,251 times
Here is an obese girl wearing bikinis. She looks pretty hot. Her confidence just oozes through. Her smile and pleasant demeanor really makes her pretty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_kcIUVPsDw

Old 10-25-2014, 12:51 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,403,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Here is an obese girl wearing bikinis. She looks pretty hot. Her confidence just oozes through. Her smile and pleasant demeanor really makes her pretty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_kcIUVPsDw
I've watched several of her videos before... she does have a really pretty face, which counts for a lot.

Old 10-25-2014, 01:04 PM

12,104 posts, read 23,271,144 times
She has a great smile.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:31 PM

4,560 posts, read 5,413,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe from dayton View Post
She has a great smile.
Yep. That vid just showed up in my FB feed one day. While watching it, all I could think was "OMG this girl is so pretty".

Old 10-25-2014, 07:51 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,117,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Yep. That vid just showed up in my FB feed one day. While watching it, all I could think was "OMG this girl is so pretty".
She is not only pretty, she is actually curvy, with waist and abs definition, which most obese women do not have. When I go to the beach, my observation is that the overweight women I see (young or old) are totally round around the stomach, very unhealthy looking. That type of figure really cannot pull off even a two-piece, let alone a bikini. Minor belly puffing is nothing. I am not overweight at all, but at my age (65) despite my dancing, weight training and yoga, still have a bit of lower belly pooch. I don't care, I don't want to lose more weight, I like the way I look except for that and it is not worth it to me to lose everywhere just to get my stomach completely flat. No one is perfect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty