Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2015, 02:06 AM

4,857 posts, read 5,789,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
See, I knew you'd do that. You picked a woman who is not generally considered to be pretty to carry the banner for big women to go up against Jessica Alba. I believe Rosie herself would tell you she's not as attractive as Alba, nor does she carry herself or pretend to be. There are plenty of attractive BBW women you could have chosen.
I thought Rosie was kinda sexy in the 90's, like around Harriet The Spy, but really, I don't think she'd care what men find, or found her hot- she's a lesbian, and has a wife.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2015, 09:03 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,676,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Um most guys do not like skinny women either.

A woman can have insane curves (big boobs, juicy butt, nice thighs) and not be fat.
I'm "skinny" and get plenty of attention, so that isn't exactly true. It's more like SOME guys do not like skinny women.

Old 06-05-2015, 11:06 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,688,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
I thought Rosie was kinda sexy in the 90's, like around Harriet The Spy, but really, I don't think she'd care what men find, or found her hot- she's a lesbian, and has a wife.
I know she is a lesbian, and I was careful to say that she isn't generally considered known for her looks. I'm not saying it is impossible for someone to find her attractive. The point is to determine "what men think" not if she is enamored by it all.

The bottom line is, someone using her as the example to represent large women to go up against Alba is stacking the deck in their favor to get the outcome they want.

Old 06-05-2015, 06:18 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,952,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I'm "skinny" and get plenty of attention, so that isn't exactly true. It's more like SOME guys do not like skinny women.
Exactly. Much like "some" guys don't like fat/overweight women. Plenty do. And not all of them who do are "low tier" or themselves undesirable men. There are a lot of guys who can do quite well with women who genuinely prefer overweight women. I should know: I'm one of them.

Old 06-07-2015, 05:09 AM

750 posts, read 641,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
See, I knew you'd do that. You picked a woman who is not generally considered to be pretty to carry the banner for big women to go up against Jessica Alba. I believe Rosie herself would tell you she's not as attractive as Alba, nor does she carry herself or pretend to be. There are plenty of attractive BBW women you could have chosen.
You are missing the point, I could pick a normal average looking non fat chick to go up against Alba and she would fair no different than Rosie. Anytime you can have an overwhelming majority of men pick a woman and predict it before hand shows you that there is universal beauty metrics which can be somewhat measured.

Btw, who are some attractive BBW?

Old 06-07-2015, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyHappyLucy View Post
I have sex with women I am not attracted to from time to time. Just depends on what is available. If it is getting late at the bar and I have struck out on plans A, B, and C, ill approach / give attention to a skinny woman also just as I will a slightly thicker woman.

In addition, men rarely get exactly what they prefer, thus they will give attention to a wide range of women. The more options the better.

Also, not sure how old you are, but as men get older (mid-late 20's) looks start to become less of a top priority.

So your getting attention and trying to use that for what men like or prefer is not valid.

Fact of the matter is most men like the Victoria Supermodel Angels and the SI swimsuit girls. Slim to average girls with nice boobs and butt with a pretty face.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:57 AM

2,600 posts, read 3,676,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
I have sex with women I am not attracted to from time to time. Just depends on what is available. If it is getting late at the bar and I have struck out on plans A, B, and C, ill approach / give attention to a skinny woman also just as I will a slightly thicker woman.

In addition, men rarely get exactly what they prefer, thus they will give attention to a wide range of women. The more options the better.

Also, not sure how old you are, but as men get older (mid-late 20's) looks start to become less of a top priority.

So your getting attention and trying to use that for what men like or prefer is not valid.

Fact of the matter is most men like the Victoria Supermodel Angels and the SI swimsuit girls. Slim to average girls with nice boobs and butt with a pretty face.
If you struck out on plans A, B, and C, it's because you don't measure up according to them. That and you're settling for the girls who are just drunk enough to find you attractive.

I know men who prefer "skinny," and I quote skinny because I'm also quite fit. I'm almost 41 and very aware of the fact that looks are more important in a younger man. This thread, however, isn't all about the 20-year-old horny guy who thinks he's more than he is.

Last edited by ShinyHappyLucy; 06-07-2015 at 12:18 PM..

Old 06-07-2015, 01:13 PM

17,486 posts, read 38,951,108 times
Bottom line here (to me) is that NO ONE should "look down" on anyone for their preferences, no matter how strange they may personally find them. And thank heaven there ARE those who may prefer someone who doesn't fit in a certain mold - because that means there is someone for everyone, and no matter how, old, fat, beautiful, ugly, short, tall, etc you personally may think you are, there are those out there who will find you perfect, sexy and beautiful/handsome.

I have done research on this, and it is true. It is enlightening, and quite liberating.

Old 06-07-2015, 04:27 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,261,603 times
I was out today at my a bday party for a boy in my son's class and I definitely noticed a large group of average size and even reasonably attractive men with women that were very overweight. I'm not just talking about thick(because I'm a thick girl), I'm talking about plus size, and visibly so. There were white men included in this observation, but most of the men in question were black, and the women they were with were black, white, hispanic, etc. I really do think that culturally black men to like really overweight women, and that other groups are following suit(since I'm noticing it more amongst other races too). I still know men that prefer fit or thin women, but they do seem rarer these days. I've always considered myself an average sized curvy thick girl, and for a while my body type was especially in demand--especially when it came to black men, but I'm not thick enough these days. I'm not gaining weight to become more attractive to black men(though they are who I prefer) but it's a bit strange for me to see that young, middle, and older black men really seem to prefer women that are pretty big... I guess the OP is onto something about it becoming more and more common.

Old 06-07-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post
Color me unimpressed. All your "real world experience" still leaves you remarkably limited in your thought process. For example:

First of all, you don't seem to have any source to support your statistics. Until you can support your claim with a credible source it's fair to believe you are just making it up. Secondly, while many who like BBWs may qualify it as a "fetish," to many it is a legitimate attraction. That you would assume (I believe you and I have discussed your propensity to assume already) it is a fetish is further demonstration of your limited understanding. Lastly the proportion itself is a laughable overstatement. What men find attractive is as wide and varied as there are individuals out there. Most men I would guess have a wide range of what they personally consider attractive. I've dated women of many different body types and have very inclusive tastes in what I consider attractive. But over the years a preference for BBWs emerged. It's not a fetish, but a legitimate preference based on attraction. And I would hazard a guess far more than 5% of men out there share similar preferences.
Pretty sure that study hasnt been done as it is common sense. However, you are more than welcome to go out to town and ask 20 fit men of which I would guarantee 18 of them would say they prefer fit women with nice assets.

No one said a fetish is not a legitimate attraction.

What men find attractive is not wide. If that was the case beauty, fashion, tv, swimsuit, magazines, etc would not all have the same type of woman on them.

What men do have is a wide range of preference.

A PREFERENCE for BBW has emerged?!?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty