Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 08:45 AM

10,364 posts, read 20,797,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rationalmale18 View Post
5'3" 140? With a belly and cellulite?

Ok, I'm not trying to be mean but I'm going to give you a dose of reality.

You are fat. There's no sugar coating it.
She is not fat. If she were toned she'd be a perfect weight but since she's not she needs to get some exercise. Now when I was her age and was the same size, I wanted to lose 20 lbs but that was back in the late 70s and people's perceptions have changed and I wanted to be rail thin. She asked about tight shirts though and while I do see many of the bigger girls wearing them, they just don't look that great when they reveal a pudgy place so I wouldn't wear them.

OP, a big part of an adult woman's life is learning to dress to show off your best assets and hide your worst and I'm betting you have great legs, since you're probably an apple. Show those off instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 08:57 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
hm, good catch. At 5'3 and 140 lbs. at her age, she's seriously overweight, at least, if not obese.
I don't think that's necessarily so. A 5'3" gal who has a stocky frame with big bones wouldn't look obese to me at 140 lbs. Nor would an athletic girl who is well proportioned and has heavier muscle mass than usual.

Most ladies I know who are that height weigh around 120 pounds. I think this girl just needs some more exercise to tone up a little. A 5 lb. loss often makes a big difference in appearance, but I doubt she looks all that heavy right now.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:25 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
If you lost 2 lbs a week for 10 weeks you'd be at 120lbs and look way better. For someone like you, 2 lbs a week would be a healthy weight loss. There's no excuse not too just eat less.

Weight ranges vary based on body types. If the OP has an obvious gut and cellulite she is overweight, regardless of what BMI claims is healthy. There is a range because people have different body types, not to compensate for someone with a small frame who has an extra 30lbs of fat. Give me a break.

To the person with the lame BS excuse about not being able to afford to eat healthy, weight loss is simply based on eating less calories than you burn. If you can't afford healthy food then why are you still eating enough food to maintain being overweight when you could eat less and save money AND lose weight?

140 at that height could look ok depending where you carry it AND how much muscle mass you have.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:31 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,200,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
most women have cellulite

bellies never stopped men. this is america. i would say that bellies are more common than 6pks

however, according to previous threads on here. your body specs says your obese. you need to drop down to around 97 lbs. to be presentable
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
hm, good catch. At 5'3 and 140 lbs. at her age, she's seriously overweight, at least, if not obese.
You're being sarcastic, right? She's five pounds overweight.

Ideal Height and Weight Chart | Body Mass Index (BMI) | Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Here you go folks...a little research before you comment would be wonderful since it seems you are using your own personal definition of obesity, and not the clinical version:

BMI Chart for Body, Weight and Height for Different Age

At 5'3" she is on the cusp of being clinically classified as overweight. She wouldn't be classified as obese until she hits 170lbs. At 97lbs she'd be considered underweight.
Glad someone gets it.

Old 11-28-2014, 10:58 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,769,587 times
On the internet you will be deemed unfit to be seen in public under any amount of clothing and would be lucky to get the attention of a guy who's been locked up for 20 years.

In real life you will have no trouble attracting and having your pick of any number of guys you deem worthy.

Old 11-28-2014, 11:47 AM

2,170 posts, read 3,307,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabiya View Post
I'm considered obese. My husband loves me anyway, even if I'm obese, according to him, I still have the natural hourglass shape while many women of my height and weight are round as a balloon with a lot of fat flabs (I only have one lol).

Even still, everyone on this planet should be smart enough to know that weight fluctuates with age, with health, and can be maintained. I've been obese for a long while now due to depression and absolutely no money for better food

Men and women that look at you and think "oh you're fat, you'll be fat forever, I won't date or marry you" are [Snip.] shallow. With the right support, mindset, etc. even fat people can slim down to be like models.... just like models can gain weight and become fat too.
My point is, who cares if you're fat?
You said SOOOOO much in that comment, but so much was very wrong.

1- Sorry, but your husband is an enabler. If I see an above average looking guy with an obese woman, I gotta believe there's something wrong with him that a non-obese woman dont want (criminal record, too many kids, not very bright ect...)

2-Dont give me the weight fluctuates with age crap. Thats an excuse. Weight fluctuates with how you eat. I weighr roughly 10 pounds more than I did in HS and I graduated 2 decades ago. I just dont stuff my face with everything that's not nailed down or on fire.

3-So men who dont want to date or marry or fat woman are shallow? Let me educate you here about physical attraction. If a good looking woman is with a unattractive guy, she can still have sex with him. If a guy finds your image repulsive, no matter how nice you are, he just wont be able to perform (at least not naturally)

4-Telling somebody "who cares if you're fat" is not good advice. It basically comes off like misery wants company.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 12-01-2014 at 09:44 AM..

Old 11-28-2014, 12:30 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
On the internet you will be deemed unfit to be seen in public under any amount of clothing and would be lucky to get the attention of a guy who's been locked up for 20 years.

In real life you will have no trouble attracting and having your pick of any number of guys you deem worthy.
Ain't that the truth...... the guys on these forums and elsewhere on the internet are just ridiculous with their demands on how women should look, DESPITE what they themselves look like...

Anyway to the OP - get some exercise, tone up, drop a few. But in the meantime, wearing any tight clothing is a no-no, and not flattering. No one will think you look good dressed like that. Wear things that "skim" your figure, not too big and sloppy, but not skin-tight.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:49 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tourian View Post
on the internet you will be deemed unfit to be seen in public under any amount of clothing and would be lucky to get the attention of a guy who's been locked up for 20 years.

this.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:13 PM

3,549 posts, read 5,376,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
You're being sarcastic, right? She's five pounds overweight.

Ideal Height and Weight Chart | Body Mass Index (BMI) | Rush

Glad someone gets it.
That in no way takes body type into account.

If she has a gut with cellulite she is fat. BMI is garbage regardless.

Old 11-28-2014, 08:30 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,068,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
That in no way takes body type into account.

If she has a gut with cellulite she is fat. BMI is garbage regardless.
When someone uses the term "obese" they are using a clinical term...and there are definitions and parameters in place for those terms. Someone back in history decided to take those clinical words and use them as slang to describe anyone that was overweight.

This somehow became mainstream and folks that like to shame others use the word "obese" very loosely.

Lilac was responding to a post that said she was possibly obese. She isn't, by clinical definition.

Now, she does have extra body fat, which she is well aware of and even stated so. She didn't ask if she was fat, she asked if it would be a huge turn-off to have a belly and cellulite. Why folks feel the need to post and call her "fat" or "obese" when she is already pretty self-aware of her body makes me question their motives. That's just hurtful. I guess if it makes you feel better..I'm not sure what you gain from calling someone fat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty