Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2008, 08:18 PM

903 posts, read 3,579,402 times

Advertisements

Hi. Has anyone given this a try? I have about 12 more pounds to go and have been at a standstill for about 6 months. Thanks-Amy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2008, 08:45 PM

253 posts, read 1,106,940 times
Red face I haven't tried Ali

but I have done xenical before. Xenical is the prescription brand of the med so it is the same. It does help but my problem with it is it is way too messy. Its kind of gross if you go over your fat allowance. You tend to get fatty oils that leak out of you anus It can leave stains if you don't wear a pad or something. I guess I may have lost wieght on it but to be hoest I don't remember. I was doing other things to lose wieght too so I just stopped taking the xenical b/c of my issues with it. I am thing of giving the Alli a try though. I am hoping b/c the dosage isn't as strong that the side effects will be less servere.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:46 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,475,810 times
I have not tried it but thought about it until I read about some people that did use it. If you do take it DO NOT eat anything with any fat. If you do you will feel ill, cramp up and pass oily stools (sorry to gross anyone out here). People talk about having their clothes ruined when they ate something with even a small amount of fat. If you are a strict dieter and will not lapse then go for it but if you feel like you will accidently eat something with fat or break the diet don't.

Old 01-15-2008, 08:54 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,266,175 times
I tried it. Did not have some of the more um..."graphic side effects" which it can be known for even at a fairly high dose. But it did give me some stomach cramps and mild diarrhea. But then I wasn't really cutting down on the fat either so... (Sorry if this is TMI-too much information.) But I figured the side effects were part of what the OP wanted to know about.

What I found is I can use it but not everyday. So it really wasn't that effective for me.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:26 PM

253 posts, read 1,106,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
I tried it. Did not have some of the more um..."graphic side effects" which it can be known for even at a fairly high dose. But it did give me some stomach cramps and mild diarrhea. But then I wasn't really cutting down on the fat either so... (Sorry if this is TMI-too much information.) But I figured the side effects were part of what the OP wanted to know about.

What I found is I can use it but not everyday. So it really wasn't that effective for me.
I didn't always go crazy w/ the fatty foods either but the Xenical would get me. Not at first though. It was fine with me for the first week maybe even two weeks but after that the build up in my body made it a mess aI guess. I was taking it 4x a day everyday. Perhaps you didn't experience the famous side effects b/c you weren't taking it as often?

Old 01-18-2008, 08:13 PM

1,105 posts, read 4,569,866 times
My dad has been taking alli for several months and he hasn't had any major side effects and he eats terribly. I think he has a stomach of steel though and he has a tendency towards constipation anyway. Me, I eat a Fiber one bar and get terrible gas.

My thing is that I'm just not sure if the side effects are worth it. If you research it you will see that during the trials, people only lost an average of 5 lbs or so more than people who didn't take it over a six or eight month period. That is less than a pound more a month and just not worth it for me. Now if it was something like 5lbs more a month, I might actually consider it.

Old 02-01-2015, 03:30 AM

466 posts, read 581,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyla View Post
Hi. Has anyone given this a try? I have about 12 more pounds to go and have been at a standstill for about 6 months. Thanks-Amy
Never taken Alli or any other weight losing tablet. Problem with so called slimming aids is that once you stop the weight comes back on.

I have lost 8lbs since Oct 2014. I did this by cutting portions in half, limit my protein e.g. chicken breast to 2oz, 1 small potato and asparagus or similar, for dessert 1 apple or fruit of choice (no bananas). Drink lots of water and try to cut down on sugar intake of all kinds. I have reached a plateau now so I am going to increase my exercise. I used to walk briskly around the vines 5 times a day (about half a mile). Will increase to 10 laps to see how it goes. Hope this encourages you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty