U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 02:57 PM

14,675 posts, read 29,787,385 times

Advertisements

I am a mascara junkie, my eyes are probably my best feature especially now that I am older and I like to play them up. While my eyelashes are pretty decent, they don't look that spectacular without mascara. I have bought I don't know how many tubes that end up in the drawer or in the trash. Maybelline has pretty much always been my "go-to". Now I have discovered the "Rimmel" line - LOVE this stuff. I first tried their "Wow" washable one, and thought that one was pretty nice. But I recently picked up a tube of their "Lash Accelerator mascara with grow-lash complex" and I am in LOVE!

When I opened the tube at first I was disappointed with the small and sparse looking brush (so many of them have these uber thick wooly worm type brushes). But it turns out it coats the lashes evenly, there are absolutely NO clumps, and makes them look so long they look false! And bonus: the formula actually keeps my lashes curled up (I don't like to use a curler) just by bending them up with my fingers! Even if my lashes don't "grow" in 30 days like they say, I don't care, it's worth it just to have them look as good as they do. Plus at Target I think I paid less than 6 bux.....

The only slight negative is that it takes a bit longer to dry than others, so you have to be careful not to smudge. And it is washable so it is pretty easy to remove, plus I haven't had problems with it smudging or smearing or flaking during the day.

Anyway, I don't usually review products but thought this one deserved it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2014, 07:37 PM

6,455 posts, read 9,543,191 times
Thanks for posting this. I've gotten a second wind in my social life and I have been looking for new makeup. I bought a different brand of mascara, but bought a Rimmel eyeliner pencil, which I like very much. So, I'll keep the mascara you bought in mind when it's time for a new one.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:01 PM

11,159 posts, read 6,638,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
When I opened the tube at first I was disappointed with the small and sparse looking brush (so many of them have these uber thick wooly worm type brushes). But it turns out it coats the lashes evenly, there are absolutely NO clumps, and makes them look so long they look false!
The thick brushes give your lashes a thicker look, the thinner ones are what you want if you are mostly just looking to add length to your lashes.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:20 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,312,836 times
Thx for the info...im a mascara junkie as well. Ive spent so much money on mascara it makes no sense

Old 12-28-2014, 01:59 AM

10,236 posts, read 13,551,351 times
Thanks for the tip. I'm a Maybelline Big Lash devotee, but this is still good to know.

Old 12-28-2014, 10:41 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,448,807 times
I'm gonna try it. I have been using Great Lash by Maybelline for ages, but am willing to try another!

Old 12-28-2014, 02:51 PM

188 posts, read 176,122 times
I've been using Rimmel Lash Accelerator for a while, I like it too

Old 12-28-2014, 04:04 PM

14,675 posts, read 29,787,385 times
I am very pleased with the Rimmel Line so far. I now also use two of their eyeliners. As mentioned earlier, I was using their "Wow" mascara which is kind of like Maybelline's Great Lash used to be - I don't really like the Maybelline too much anymore. I also like the Rimmel "Scandaleyes" mascara - this one has a thick brush, and can be used to volumize over the lash accelerator one for a more dramatic look. Hope they don't stop making this stuff, and keep the formulas the same!

Old 12-28-2014, 06:36 PM

6,044 posts, read 21,168,124 times
Not sure why I'm not using it now, but I've used the Rimmel lash accelerator as well and I was also very pleased with it. Good results without clumping.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:28 PM

21,428 posts, read 29,583,218 times
I use the Rimmel lash accelerator on my brows and can see a difference. I don't like the Maybeline Great Lash that everyone raves about, it did not curl my lashes. I use Revlon Grow Luscious Pluming mascara first then I use Cover Girl Clump Crusher over it, it really curls my lashes. My lashes are much thicker since I started using the Revlon stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty