U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2015, 12:12 PM

2,868 posts, read 2,857,245 times

Advertisements

You know. When you were a child and used to walk to school in the winter, those of you that lived in northern climates. Those rubber/leather lace-up boots with the removable felt liners. You'd start out walking to school and no matter how many times you'd stop and pull up your socks, by the time you got to school they would be balled up around your toes. And your feet would be red, cold and chafed. How about those black rubber buckle boots that you could pull on over your shoes? And how sometimes the buckles would freeze and they would be hard to get off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2015, 12:21 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,564,983 times
I never had boots with removable liners. I did have the black rubber boots that pulled over your shoes (hated those things!), but they didn't have buckles.

Old 01-12-2015, 05:10 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,324,557 times
I remember those boots! You'd have to put the liner on first and then stick your foot into the boot. They were a pain... but were easy to dry between recesses at school.

Old 01-15-2015, 08:56 PM

10,548 posts, read 4,698,844 times
I remember the boots with the dark bluish-purple felt liners (in shape of whole boot, not just the sole).
Didn't have them myself, though my parents did.

Looked at this thread bc. of the title-my new pair of boots suck my socks right off
Can't figure out what to do, these boots were a gift to me & I'm not used to wearing this style
Have to stop every block or so to yank the socks back up, with each step they slide further down.
Tried folding the sock top over top edge of boot, but it just rips the sock & doesn't stay in place.
Lacing the ankle portion (tightening) makes it too hard to bend my leg/foot, which then impedes walking.
But the boot is very effective against the elements (deep snow), which is why I haven't gotten rid of them.

Figured I'd explain, in case someone has a handy-dandy suggestion I've overlooked.
Dunno' how folks manage to wear this sort of footgear.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty