U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 07:18 PM

72,737 posts, read 64,203,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
What is it about guys and PJs? Why is it that most guys say that they're "Pjs" are either them naked, boxers, or boxers/tank top shirt. Why can't you guys go and buy a decent pair of PJs like us ladies wear?
They only buy PJ's when they want to wear the PJ pants to the store.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2015, 08:22 PM

4,859 posts, read 3,717,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
What is it about guys and PJs? Why is it that most guys say that they're "Pjs" are either them naked, boxers, or boxers/tank top shirt. Why can't you guys go and buy a decent pair of PJs like us ladies wear?
I will say I only sleep in PJs when my kids are staying here. If I am home alone, there is no reason for PJs. It's much more comfortable.

If I am wearing PJs to bed, they get all wrapped around me as I am discreetly trying to roll over without disturbing the cats who are sleeping on me and around me. I can't wake the cats, because if they are woken up, they think it's breakfast time. So with no PJs, it's easy to just slip over under the covers.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:34 PM

1,931 posts, read 1,160,569 times
I'm a woman and I don't own pajamas either. Usually they're a lot less comfortable than a tank and some soft shorts... or nothing.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:47 PM

7,289 posts, read 12,876,040 times
It's underwear or nothing here. I'm not getting dressed to go to bed. I'm getting un-dressed.

Old 01-13-2015, 09:05 PM

1,229 posts, read 964,713 times
I wear v neck Hanes t shirts and men's boxer shorts to bed. I don't have any qualms about purchasing them, most people probably assume i'm buying for a male acquaintance of some sort

i'm not ashamed, they're so comfy and soft after a few washes LOL

Old 01-14-2015, 07:55 AM

10,863 posts, read 18,902,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I actually was just thinking this. Isn't there another thread where the OP complains she will never find another man? Between her alias and her posts, she seem like a very, very young girl.
It might be a cultural difference too.

I had a friend from Iran, and she was uncomfortable with her husband wearing shorts in the house. She wanted him in pants, a shirt, and a robe if he wasn't dressed to go somewhere. The guy worked construction and when he got home he just wanted to wear his shorts and a tank top. They had big fights about it. She thought it was inappropriate for him to be "undressed" (as she considered the shorts and tank top) in front of their kids.

Old 01-14-2015, 09:16 AM

35,818 posts, read 39,375,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
I have no PJs... they're uncomfortable! I wear underwear or nothing. Any shirt makes me hot.

PJs, to me, are something from the prudish '50s. Like when Ward Cleaver got out of bed in full, long-sleeved PJs buttoned to the neck over a t-shirt and then grabbed a robe immediately and threw it on just to walk out into the hallway of his own house lol!
To me, they're a throwback to when people kept their homes seriously cold at night. My parents' house is still this way. They live out on a farm with minimal wind block, heat with wood, it burns out in the night, and if you aren't in flannel, and in bedding that involves down and flannel, you're gonna wake up shivering.

I'm female. I wear PJs if I'm cold. If I'm not, I usually just wear a tank top and underwear.

Old 01-14-2015, 10:16 AM

2,459 posts, read 4,672,748 times
I stopped wearing PJ's when I became a man.

Old 01-14-2015, 01:33 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,566,513 times
I run like a furnace, so I prefer to wear as little as possible. Naked isn't an option (I've..."hurt" myself a few times and need to keep things at least sort of in place), so it's usually underwear.

Old 01-15-2015, 10:44 AM

3,280 posts, read 3,547,293 times
I'm a normal guy and I wear silk long-sleeve pajamas year round. I like to wear them around the house too. After a long day, it's nice to come home, take a bath and put on pajamas.

Nothing wrong it with it.

To me, it's sloppy to walk around the house in boxers or whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty