U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-21-2015, 11:10 AM
 
30 posts, read 40,788 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Which city from U.S.A. is the best dressed? Do people in Chicago wear sweatpants (In Europe people don't wear them)? People from U.S.A. wear accessories like scarves? Are people from U.S.A. looking poor and unaesthetic?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-21-2015, 11:29 AM
 
5,574 posts, read 5,533,769 times
Reputation: 16465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisztián View Post
Are people from U.S.A. looking poor and unaesthetic?
Excuse me??
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2015, 12:10 PM
 
Location: Encino, CA
3,413 posts, read 2,893,826 times
Reputation: 5789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisztián View Post
Which city from U.S.A. is the best dressed? Do people in Chicago wear sweatpants (In Europe people don't wear them)? People from U.S.A. wear accessories like scarves? Are people from U.S.A. looking poor and unaesthetic?
No such thing. People dress according to 1) what they do / their profession and 2) for the weather.

Cant really say what is the "best dressed" city in the U.S. because there are just too many variables. And how exactly are you defining "best dressed" anyway? You cannot compare the way people dress on Wall Street for their day jobs at the investment firms to the way people in rural Montana dress for their day jobs out on the farm corralling cows or whatever.


What if the cowboy was wearing:

Stetson Open Road hat: $200.00
Tony Lama Ostrich work boots: $269.00
Stetson button up shirt: $90.00
Stetson jeans: $90.00
TOTAL: $649.00 outfit


And a Wall Street NASD Series 7 licensed Investment Rep was wearing:


Kenneth Cole Reaction suit: $139.00
Ralph Lauren Pinpoint dress shirt: $48.00
Michael Kors houndstooth tie: $68.00
Cole Haan wingtip oxfords: $148.00
Total: $403.00

How would YOU tell which is the better dressed? You CANT!!! Apples and Oranges.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2015, 12:12 PM
 
30 posts, read 40,788 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Excuse me??
I hear in Europe that people in U.S.A. dress bad. Is that true or not? I cannot know if it is true or not 'cause I never was in U.S.A.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2015, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Houston, TX
13,136 posts, read 7,387,994 times
Reputation: 27251
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisztián View Post
Which city from U.S.A. is the best dressed? Do people in Chicago wear sweatpants (In Europe people don't wear them)? People from U.S.A. wear accessories like scarves? Are people from U.S.A. looking poor and unaesthetic?
A. Where are you from? B. The city in the US that is considered the best dressed is completely subjective. It is based on the opinions of whoever. And there is a certain saying about opinions. . .
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2015, 01:04 PM
 
30 posts, read 40,788 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
A. Where are you from? B. The city in the US that is considered the best dressed is completely subjective. It is based on the opinions of whoever. And there is a certain saying about opinions. . .
For me, best dressed=jeans+shirt/T-shirt+sneakers/shoes or suit or casual suit + accessories.
Worst dressed=sweatpants/short sweatpants.
It is a city who have this features?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2015, 01:04 PM
 
Location: southwestern PA
20,426 posts, read 35,696,560 times
Reputation: 38829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisztián View Post
I hear in Europe that people in U.S.A. dress bad.
There are people who dress badly in the US and in Europe.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2015, 01:05 PM
 
Location: southwestern PA
20,426 posts, read 35,696,560 times
Reputation: 38829
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisztián View Post
For me, best dressed=jeans+shirt/T-shirt+sneakers/shoes or suit or casual suit + accessories.
There are jeans and t-shirts in EVERY city.
I do not consider that to be "best dressed" attire.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2015, 01:06 PM
 
Location: Yellow cottage, green doors.
16,317 posts, read 12,580,363 times
Reputation: 71537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisztián View Post
Which city from U.S.A. is the best dressed? Do people in Chicago wear sweatpants (In Europe people don't wear them)? People from U.S.A. wear accessories like scarves? Are people from U.S.A. looking poor and unaesthetic?


Heck, no...I'm busy wondering about the European afflictions, wearing ripped up garbage pants, massive around-the-neck ornaments, jugular blocking collars, hideous scarves ( long enough for a tug-o-war) and makeup like the dreaded aunt that many children feared when time for them to depart!

https://www.todayimwearing.com/
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-21-2015, 02:05 PM
 
4,608 posts, read 3,562,933 times
Reputation: 4037
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
No such thing. People dress according to 1) what they do / their profession and 2) for the weather.

Cant really say what is the "best dressed" city in the U.S. because there are just too many variables. And how exactly are you defining "best dressed" anyway? You cannot compare the way people dress on Wall Street for their day jobs at the investment firms to the way people in rural Montana dress for their day jobs out on the farm corralling cows or whatever.


What if the cowboy was wearing:

Stetson Open Road hat: $200.00
Tony Lama Ostrich work boots: $269.00
Stetson button up shirt: $90.00
Stetson jeans: $90.00
TOTAL: $649.00 outfit


And a Wall Street NASD Series 7 licensed Investment Rep was wearing:


Kenneth Cole Reaction suit: $139.00
Ralph Lauren Pinpoint dress shirt: $48.00
Michael Kors houndstooth tie: $68.00
Cole Haan wingtip oxfords: $148.00
Total: $403.00

How would YOU tell which is the better dressed? You CANT!!! Apples and Oranges.
Yes, you can. Price does not dictate who is 'better' dressed. I'd agree that in an environment where you are required to dress for function rather than fashion, one would be judged unfairly, but such is the nature of these polls. Though, to follow up on that, in such an environment, it is unlikely that someone would spend extra money for name-brand products unless they were of a superior enough quality to outlast several cheaper versions.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top