Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 04:16 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
We always look back and think the stuff we wore in the past was bad. Ten or twenty years from now, we'll say the same thing about what we're wearing today.

I think the human mind is trained to like what it hasn't seen in a while, and grow tired of what it has seen so much of. That's why fashion trends see-saw back and forth.

One thing I hate is excessively baggy clothes. I went with the baggy look for a while, though not to an extreme degree. I find that now I very much like the slimmer (not skinny) look. I also hate the trend of wearing pants down too low, but I have never done that.

Eventually, we'll grow tired of the slimmer look and go back to baggy again.
Exactly.

I think this all the time. People always rag on things, anything, from the past. You don't think what you're wearing right now is going to end up in the same place? lol And then it all comes back around anyway.

Besides, I still like certain looks, no matter what anyone says. You can't say people in the 80s didn't look hot. Lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 11:15 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,787,522 times
I think that what I'm wearing right now is going to be just fine 20 years from now... jeans and a long sleeved shirt. When I think of the excess of the '80s, I remember it fondly, but it's cringe-worthy, too. There was nothing timeless about that nonsense.

I thought we were supposed to be wearing silver space suit-uniforms by now!

Old 01-25-2015, 06:36 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Exactly.

I think this all the time. People always rag on things, anything, from the past. You don't think what you're wearing right now is going to end up in the same place? lol And then it all comes back around anyway.

Besides, I still like certain looks, no matter what anyone says. You can't say people in the 80s didn't look hot. Lol!
I wouldn't wear tights again, though they make my butt look good .

Old 01-25-2015, 09:55 AM

1,242 posts, read 1,689,789 times
When I was a young teen I didn't realize how threadbare my swimsuit bottoms had become, until my brother saw me at the pool cracked up hysterics and let me know he could see my a$$. Every time I think of that I get embarrassed. Now I double check all lighting and make sure to thoroughly inspect the view back there before leaving the house when wearing tights, bathing suits, or anything else that's sheer.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:04 AM

Location: NYC based - Used to Live in Philly - Transplant from Miami
2,307 posts, read 2,767,546 times
When I was a kid, I thought of myself as a trendsetter. Ha Ha... (People probably laughed at me). I wore men tight bike shorts in bright pink and a short jeans on the top of them; exposing the bike shorts.
I thought it looked cool.
If I looked at myself back then I would probably laugh at me.

Also at some point in middle school (I went to international school with uniforms to wear), It was a trend to wear very baggy top and tighter shorts. (Guys wore shorts). So I lied to my mom to buy me shorts that are two size smaller. Anyway I was the coolest boy in the playground I think until I squatted during recess and ripped my shorts right in the middle. And when I said rip, they ripped in the middle all the way. Since then I had a nickname.

Last edited by asiandudeyo; 01-26-2015 at 09:29 AM..

Old 02-01-2015, 11:19 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,880,599 times
Oversized shirts. It was rampant among males back then. Other than that, I've made remarkably few fashion mistakes.

Old 02-01-2015, 01:21 PM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiandudeyo View Post
When I was a kid, I thought of myself as a trendsetter. Ha Ha... (People probably laughed at me). I wore men tight bike shorts in bright pink and a short jeans on the top of them; exposing the bike shorts.
I thought it looked cool.
If I looked at myself back then I would probably laugh at me.
Omg this totally just gave me a flashback to the early 90s.. Kids @ my school were obsessed with those spandex bicycle shorts and we'd pair them with Umbros (brand name soccer shorts). The pair I had were neon yellow, lmao..

Old 02-01-2015, 01:29 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
I have pretty much worn the same style my entire life, jeans, plain shirt, capris, plain shirt, sneakers or granny boots.
Pretty dull and boring I know but I've never been a "fashion trend" follower and never will be, clothing I wore 20 years ago I still wear today with simple hair style simple accessories and very little change overall.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:16 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,672,176 times
I was just getting in to the mod look late 60s early 70s - I look back now and wish I had the right top to go with this really cool olive green mini skirt it had small size flower power design. There wasn't alot of clothing stores back then or alot of selection.

If I think about fashion mistakes it would be wearing the wrong colors for my skin type and/or the wrong styles.

I have a beautiful designer skirt I bought early 80s I love it and still have it, however, it really would look better on someone really tall - just too much fabric.

Old 02-01-2015, 06:52 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Following fashion - or even fads - isn't a mistake. Good grief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty