U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 09:27 AM

2,877 posts, read 4,388,330 times

Advertisements

Several years ago, I had to go to physical therapy, and my 30-something therapist wore something like this:

Merrell Circuit MJ Breeze Black - Zappos.com Free Shipping BOTH Ways

(Check out the video...they don't look as "clunky".)

She said she and several of the other therapists wore Merrells because they were so comfortable. They're not cheap, but when it comes to your feet, I think money well spent is the way to go.

Outdoor Footwear & Clothing for Hiking & Trail Running | Merrell

Disclaimer: I have never worn Merrells. Just passing on some info that might help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 11:59 AM

1,387 posts, read 1,161,846 times
These (Alegria Shoes)
http://www.zappos.com/alegria~1#!/search/brand/3163/filter/zc1/"Shoes"/txAttrFacet_Gender/"Women"/sort/recentSalesStyle/desc?gclid=Cj0KEQiA6JemBRC5tYLRwYGcwosBEiQANA3IBwO Nb-tI0_JLHOAr1qyG6g0CjBigAwBM96WyLLTc_J4aAqh08P8HAQ

Uggs, and Fitflops are the most comfortable to me.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:03 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,480,858 times
I'm going to put another vote in for Merrell, I have several different pairs in different styles and they are the most comfortable shoes I own.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:20 PM

526 posts, read 704,688 times
Keen sandals & Merrell Jungle Mocs

Old 01-26-2015, 12:21 PM

33 posts, read 40,572 times
You cannot go wrong with Merells
Go to an outlet store- they have helpful clerks and have good return /exchange policy

Old 01-26-2015, 02:45 PM

3,153 posts, read 2,846,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakecake View Post
You cannot go wrong with Merells
Go to an outlet store- they have helpful clerks and have good return /exchange policy
Have to disagree - Merrells are not comfortable on me. I bought a pair of little Merrell sneaker flats to wear to Italy. My feet were so sore after just one day that I walked home from the Colosseum barefoot. Had to buy a pair of regular sneakers in Italy just so I could walk after that. I will never buy Merrell again because they ruined part of my honeymoon. Maybe some are comfortable, but certainly not all.

Old 01-26-2015, 02:47 PM

4,888 posts, read 8,899,377 times
Bornshoes.com -The Official Born Shoes Website

Old 01-26-2015, 03:31 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,891,490 times
Guy point of view.

I have had two pairs of Merrells; the hiking boots are 20 years old and going strong.

I have a high arch and have had to shop around a bit. The most comfortable shoes I have found are SAS - San Antonio Shoes - but they are sold in brick and mortar stores only; no internet sales. I have tried Propet as well but thought they are basically a cheap version of SAS. The part about SAS I really like is the insole. I bought a couple of extras for my other shoes and they fit better, especially the Merell hiking boots.

They make a lot of women's styles and a few men's - typical of any shoe brand. Women have their choice of anything and guys get stuck with brogans - as if that is what we want.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:22 PM

8,874 posts, read 12,914,194 times
Look for a shoe with a footbed. Ballet flats have no arch support whatsoever and there's usually not much padding between your foot and the sidewalk. I use zappos.com or shoebuy.com. Their comfort shoe categories have a lot of choices. You can get sneakers, mocs, sandals, athletic shoes, water shoes, boots, dress shoes, and even slippers with good support. Everything from trendy designs like Rocket Dog or Sketchers to very traditional styles from Trotter or Propet.

I read the reviews customers post and have found them to provide a treasure trove of helpful information about the shoe. Plus, the companies both have FREE shipping AND returns, so no problem if you get the shoe and don't like it. Easier than driving around to shoe stores. I find Keen, Merrell, and Naot to be very comfortable for daily wear.
Comfort Shoes, Women's | Shipped FREE at Zappos
Arch Support Womens - FREE Shipping & Returns | Shoebuy.com

Old 01-26-2015, 04:38 PM

2 posts, read 1,241 times
The absolutely best shoes I have ever worn to date made with memory foam in the sole. A slice of heaven for your feet. Happy Trails.

[url=http://www.thewalkingcompany.com/casualshoes-womens]Women's Casual Shoes - The Walking Company[/url]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or