Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 12:10 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,574,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
They are always wearing a HAT lol

I thought the purpose of shaving them shaving their head bald was to rock the new look? I know two or three guys who always tell me to shave my head because due to the thinning but I always see them with a hat on? So they want me to shave my head and wear a hat all the time like they are doing all time? I had dinner with one of them last week and never removed his during the meal

My hair maybe thinning due to family history but I still have nice hair and have no intentions on shaving anything. I find that very weird about men who decide to go bald because it seems like they are still insecure about their head.
My head is bald and I do wear a hat outside because I want to keep my head warm. I let my hair grow back till it is long again and then I cut it myself. I have saved alot of money on cutting my own hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 02:51 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
I have a full head of hair and don't go out without a hat or a cap, a warm hat or cap in the winter and a straw hat in the summer.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:14 AM

4,212 posts, read 6,899,912 times
Quote:

I thought the purpose of shaving them shaving their head bald was to rock the new look? I know two or three guys who always tell me to shave my head because due to the thinning but I always see them with a hat on? So they want me to shave my head and wear a hat all the time like they are doing all time? I had dinner with one of them last week and never removed his during the meal

My hair maybe thinning due to family history but I still have nice hair and have no intentions on shaving anything. I find that very weird about men who decide to go bald because it seems like they are still insecure about their head.
Hmm. As a man who shaves his head, I have to disagree with you. The guys who are balding and do NOT shave are much, much more likely to be wearing a hat around. For me, I only tend to wear a hat for two reasons:

1) In the winter it gets COLD, so I am almost always wearing a beanie *outside* and sometimes inside but only for fashion. I'm not hiding anything, I look good with a shaved head, but it does get cold in the winter.

2) If I am going to be *outside* in the direct sun for a long, long time. Sometimes sunscreen is just not enough and skin cancer on your head is serious business.

Ever since shaving my head, I am not insecure at all and think it looks great - but there are still times where a hat is functional.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:40 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
Quote:

I thought the purpose of shaving them shaving their head bald was to rock the new look? I know two or three guys who always tell me to shave my head because due to the thinning but I always see them with a hat on? So they want me to shave my head and wear a hat all the time like they are doing all time? I had dinner with one of them last week and never removed his during the meal.
I think its a search for an identity. They kinda want their hat to become their trademark. I think its more of a "style" thing than a "cover up my baldness" thing.

Old 01-27-2015, 09:49 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
I've noticed that most of the shaved-heads try to use it as a means of coming off as intimidating to others. Maybe they watched too much Kojak?

Old 01-27-2015, 09:52 AM

14,246 posts, read 14,720,946 times
Many men with thinning hair (or going bald) wear a hat to cover that fact. My hair is thinning/going bald and I dislike hats. I do wear a hat for sun protection when playing golf. Otherwise the hat comes off ASAP. I never wear a hat while inside but many of my friends do.

I have tried all types of hair cuts (never a comb over) and I finally gave up fighting it. I now go for a #2 buzz cut and it is what it is. I also wear a goatee.

Old 01-27-2015, 07:47 PM

141 posts, read 162,134 times
Unless you have a full thick head of hair and a salon design expensive haircut most men look better with a hat/cover on. No one wants to see your baldness or shiny head. No one wants to see bumps, scrapes, abrasions and scars or bad sunburn. Cover that **** up and become a man, not a model. Don't take it off for any other reason than you simply want to as well. Nothing looks more dorky and out of place than a civilian who removes his hat 90% of the time. That kinda defeats the whole purpose of wearing it in the first place. Stop caring what other people think and do your own thing. Old fuddy duddies who get bent out of shape over you wearing it while eating out need to get over that too. Next time ask the women to remove her gaudy neckless or earrings.....too much perfume as well Golden Girl......

Covers on!

Old 01-27-2015, 07:50 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCP Island View Post
Unless you have a full thick head of hair and a salon design expensive haircut most men look better with a hat/cover on. No one wants to see your baldness or shiny head. No one wants to see bumps, scrapes, abrasions and scars or bad sunburn. Cover that **** up and become a man, not a model. Don't take it off for any other reason than you simply want to as well. Nothing looks more dorky and out of place than a civilian who removes his hat 90% of the time. That kinda defeats the whole purpose of wearing it in the first place. Stop caring what other people think and do your own thing. Old fuddy duddies who get bent out of shape over you wearing it while eating out need to get over that too. Next time ask the women to remove her gaudy neckless or earrings.....too much perfume as well Golden Girl......

Covers on!
So according to you it would defeat the purpose of shaving all my hair off, thank you

Old 01-27-2015, 07:55 PM

141 posts, read 162,134 times
Quote:
So according to you it would defeat the purpose of shaving all my hair off, thank you
I keep mine high and tight, have for decades. It's usually a #1 fade but can be a #2 at times. I wear a hat a lot and it's part of me and who I am. Where else are you going to see a guy with a Boonie hat? Often it's a baseball style as well. I don't wear "sports" attire. There are other things that are important to me and part of my identity.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:01 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,992,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCP Island View Post
I keep mine high and tight, have for decades. It's usually a #1 fade but can be a #2 at times. I wear a hat a lot and it's part of me and who I am. Where else are you going to see a guy with a Boonie hat? Often it's a baseball style as well. I don't wear "sports" attire. There are other things that are important to me and part of my identity.
For some reason I stopped wearing hats after college and don't believe I wore one since 1999. I rather show my hair even though it's thinning and will continue to keep it cut close
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty