Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2018, 04:38 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
I want to add polos to my list. You either look like a douchebag or tech support. And who wants that crap around their neck?
I hate polo shirts, too.

I think one of the main reasons I hate them, is the material so many of them are made of. I like material that says, "touch me!" Polo shirts say, "You could probably spill crap on me and wipe it off with a napkin! Threads probably made of plastic yet for some reason appeals to rich country club types!"

Fred from Scooby Doo owns polo shirts.

Don't be like Fred. Nobody ever named a roller coaster, "The Fred."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2018, 05:11 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
I HATE polo shirts too!! Either wear a button down or a t-shirt! They're the male equivalent of "skorts"

I hate anything "hi-lo" I hate when I see a cute top only to notice that the back is longer than the front. Oh and I hate shirts/sweaters with small slits up each side. I don't know why I dislike that so much but I just find it unnecessary. Give me a completed hem at the bottom.
That's pretty much the only two shirts I wear other than hoodies.

Old 10-20-2018, 08:24 AM

473 posts, read 760,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smt1111 View Post
Agree with everything listed by GypsyJudy.

I was out shopping for pants yesterday and cannot find a single pair of non-jean pants ANYWHERE that fit me, at an affordable price. NOT skinny ankle pants--HATE them. I HATE tight fitting clothes and particularly hate pants that grip me around the ankle. I feel claustrophobic in them and keep wanting to yank them downward. Looking for straight or slim cut casual pants in corduroy or twill in a variety of colors that will be appropriate for professional jobs or church and that will go with either shoes or boots. Boot cut are OK but some boot cuts are a little too flared. Just cannot find plain, good fitting pants! It's at the point that it's getting serious; I simply do not have anything to wear. It also makes me extremely resentful that stores ONLY cater to one type of shopper--the women who love skinny pants. Not all of us do, but there aren't any options out there for us.
There are boyfriend cut jeans, straight leg pants, girlfriend cuts,...it's not just skinny pants.

Old 10-20-2018, 10:38 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
I just got caught up with this season of The Good Place, and Kristin Bell has been sporting several cropped top/really high-waisted jeans ensembles in the show. If that's a new trend, I preemptively hate it.

Old 10-20-2018, 11:58 AM

455 posts, read 597,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I just got caught up with this season of The Good Place, and Kristin Bell has been sporting several cropped top/really high-waisted jeans ensembles in the show. If that's a new trend, I preemptively hate it.

I've seen teen girls walking around the the mall in Mom Jeans lately. I vomited a little in my mouth.

Old 10-20-2018, 06:07 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeniusGirl800 View Post
There are so many ugly trends in fashion these days I don't know where to begin! Which popular trends do you wish would vanish?

I HATE the "hipster" look! There is nothing new about wearing your parents old flannel shirts. They were ugly then and ugly now! And why spend over $100 on ugly ripped jeans? And what is up with guys and buns/chignons? I mean he could have the face of grizzly bear with the bushiest beard you ever seen but the tightest little bun on the back of his head?

What trends bother you the most?
I thank the heavens that men are wearing buns/chignons, instead of shaving their hair off, or doing a crew-cut, or kewpie doll cut (that was a thing for awhile: leaving a tuft of hair in front that stuck upwards). Of course, there's a happy medium somewhere in-between there, but given a choice of the two extremes, I'll take the bun. I was just at Whole Foods today, and a dad had two braids down below his waist, while his two boys had single braids almost to their waist. (They were Native American. It's normal around here.). OK, so I'm biased. Still, I think shaving the hair off completely, or cutting it super-short is a crime against humanity. The rest of us have to look at it, after all.

Old 10-20-2018, 09:12 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMartha View Post
There are boyfriend cut jeans, straight leg pants, girlfriend cuts,...it's not just skinny pants.
Those are basically skinny jeans.

Old 10-21-2018, 07:15 AM

29,739 posts, read 34,357,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I thank the heavens that men are wearing buns/chignons, instead of shaving their hair off, or doing a crew-cut, or kewpie doll cut (that was a thing for awhile: leaving a tuft of hair in front that stuck upwards). Of course, there's a happy medium somewhere in-between there, but given a choice of the two extremes, I'll take the bun. I was just at Whole Foods today, and a dad had two braids down below his waist, while his two boys had single braids almost to their waist. (They were Native American. It's normal around here.). OK, so I'm biased. Still, I think shaving the hair off completely, or cutting it super-short is a crime against humanity. The rest of us have to look at it, after all.
That's the thing, though. We do have to look at it. I see a guy with really long hair, and I want to take some scissors to it and give him a haircut. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 10-21-2018, 08:15 AM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJKB View Post
I HATE polo shirts too!! Either wear a button down or a t-shirt! They're the male equivalent of "skorts"

I hate anything "hi-lo" I hate when I see a cute top only to notice that the back is longer than the front. Oh and I hate shirts/sweaters with small slits up each side. I don't know why I dislike that so much but I just find it unnecessary. Give me a completed hem at the bottom.
I really don't understand this attitude. I wear athletic t-shirts and long sleeved dress shirts with button down collars. Polo type shirts give me something in between to wear with jeans or khakis.

The only kind of shirt I don't wear is any kind of button down, short sleeved shirt, such as Hawaiian shirts.

Old 10-21-2018, 08:55 AM

1,879 posts, read 1,069,067 times
I said NON-JEAN pants. Pants that can be worn to a lower level office job. I don't need expensive trouser pants like you find at J Crew or BR. I just need some casual pants that aren't jeans and that fit me. Not out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty