Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2018, 08:01 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
No they aren’t. Boyfriend/girlfriend are variations ion straight legged pants, that are looser from the hips down. And wide legged pants are trendy right now.
I've been seeing flared jeans and slacks in the fashion mags and in some stores for a couple of years, now. While they started out in the high-end youth brands, they're more common now, in more affordable brands, as well. They're a good choice for certain figure types.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2018, 09:29 AM

20,361 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've been seeing flared jeans and slacks in the fashion mags and in some stores for a couple of years, now. While they started out in the high-end youth brands, they're more common now, in more affordable brands, as well. They're a good choice for certain figure types.
I like the ones, I guess boot cut, that are a little stretchy and form fitting from the waist to the knee, and are looser, straight or just slightly flared below the knee. That is boot cut, yes?

I don't buy clothes that often and when I do, it's often at thrift and consignment stores, so it'll be whatever I take into the changing room and don't hate... *shrug*

I've also found that shape to be what I like in a long dress, the form fitting and slightly stretchy material almost to the knee and flaring or going a bit "straight" or looser below that. I've seen such dresses described as a "mermaid" style. Whatever, it suits me I think.

I laugh to remember my reaction one rare occasion I was in Target and thought to pick up a pair of jeans. It was maybe a year or two back and there were no boot cut jeans there, just skinny, capri, and "boyfriend" and I was like..."boyfriend"??? WTF IS THIS MALARKEY? What on earth is "boyfriend" cut? What does it MEAN??? WHERE ARE MY BOOT CUT PANTS? I left all fussy and unsatisfied with no new jeans.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:16 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I agree.

Done correctly on the right guy I think man buns and long hair can be super sexy.

This guy can pull off both very well.

https://www.google.com/search?q=avan...w=1030&bih=480

That guy looks a lot like my youngest son! LOL Especially the pictures where he's got a beard and mustache. Kind of uncanny for me. LOL

Old 10-23-2018, 10:23 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,016,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I've been wearing bootcut jeans for years. They're my 'go to' jeans. But I do have a couple of pair of skinny jeans, for my tunics.

I have big boobs. Seems like, to me, that boot cut kind of balances out the top-heavy effect.

Old 10-23-2018, 10:31 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,135,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDancer View Post
+1

I got married over a decade ago, and even then 95% of the wedding dresses were strapless or at least sleeveless/straps. It was very annoying. Unfortunately, I think this is yet another way for manufacturers to cut costs (less material, plus don't have to worry about shoulder/sleeve fit - same as with cold shoulder tops) so I don't see it going away anytime soon.
If people did not buy them, they would not be offered. Most manufacturers of clothes follow trends. They don’t tend to lead trends. You want to see latest trends? Find a newer copy if Vogue and look at the ads. Or find a site that shows street fashion. Or follow popular movie stars. Those are the trend generators. In the case of strapless wedding gowns, I suspect a movie star or two started the trend. But it would have fizzled if people had not bought the style.

Styles filter down from trendsetters. I suspect lots of brides like them.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:18 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I like Lands End and LL Bean polo shirts on men with Dockers-type khakis because it is a look in between tees and jeans and dress shirts and slacks.
So you like camp counselors? lol

Old 10-23-2018, 12:24 PM

4,856 posts, read 5,817,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
No they aren’t. Boyfriend/girlfriend are variations ion straight legged pants, that are looser from the hips down. And wide legged pants are trendy right now.
Pretty much skinny jeans in my book. Crap and fit too tight around me.
Where? When? Don't you dare say relaxed fit. Please deliver this news to Louisville, ky

Old 10-23-2018, 12:40 PM

16,414 posts, read 12,487,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Pretty much skinny jeans in my book. Crap and fit too tight around me.
Where? When? Don't you dare say relaxed fit. Please deliver this news to Louisville, ky
They're not the same as skinny. They're simply additional styles you don't like.

A quick search on Macys.com yields 280 pairs of womens wide leg pants. Granted, a few of them a key worded incorrectly and aren't really wide leg, but the vast majority of them are indeed wide leg.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:49 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
That guy looks a lot like my youngest son! LOL Especially the pictures where he's got a beard and mustache. Kind of uncanny for me. LOL
Then your son is very good looking IMO.

Old 10-23-2018, 12:52 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
They're not the same as skinny. They're simply additional styles you don't like.

A quick search on Macys.com yields 280 pairs of womens wide leg pants. Granted, a few of them a key worded incorrectly and aren't really wide leg, but the vast majority of them are indeed wide leg.
I don't want wide leg but I don't want legs that fit like tights either. Flares too please.

What do they call that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty