Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2015, 07:30 AM

11,495 posts, read 26,875,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessDan View Post
I tried to buy her some clothes for Christmas and all pants, even "nice" pants, are skin tight. It's just not a good look for most people.

LOL Wife has issue with this. She wears jeans and used to wear Levi's 501s. Just plain, good old denim. These days one can't find ANYTHING denim for women WITHOUT stinking spandex!! What, do the jean manufacturers think EVERYONE wants to wear their jeans skintight? And no, she is way to young for "Mommy Jeans". It's like, you're either 20 years old or 70. She currently has to shop online at one place to purchase them. That is until THEY decide to switch over to spandex.
Not all jeans with spandex are skintight. Some fit like regular jeans. The spandex just lets the jeans move when you move. There are different cuts of jeans and you have to find the one you like. Also, in some brands you have to go a size up to avoid them being skintight. But I love spandex in jeans. I have jeans that look just like regular jeans, but they stretch enough that I can ride my bike comfortably in them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2015, 07:34 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,823,013 times
Above the knee shorts, the 70s are over fellas

Those butt pad things that are out to make a womans butt look like its actually there, might as well add faux +cup size bras too.

Sagging pants, especially when hipsters, and skateboarders do it in skinny jeans

Polo shirts need to go away

Miniblind glasses need to go away- forever

Deck shoes

The smartphone necklace/lanyard around the neck

Old 01-28-2015, 07:49 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Interesting. Capri pants and cropped pants have been in and out of style since the early sixties. I don't think they're going anywhere anytime soon and I hope not, because they look good on me and I like them. But I'm tall and muscular with slim ankles (in spite of tearing both achilles tendons in the past!) . I like wearing cropped pants and flats.

What I DON'T like is wide legged capris - those look really stupid on me. Like you said, they look like someone just lopped off the bottom six inches or so of pants. But I don't look good in wide legged pants of any length, so there you have it. Ankle length or a up to three inches above the ankle, cuffed or slim cut is what works best on me and I have a closet full of them!
THIS^^^ . I am built the same, tall, with long muscular legs, built calves and slim ankles. Slim fitted capris look fantastic on me. And living in Florida, they are ideal. And I too have a closet full in all colors!

I do agree that those wide legged things are hideous, and really don't flatter anyone. I think that is what most people are thinking when they think "capris." The ones that were popular in the 50s and 60s were fitted, and accented a woman's curves - those are the kind I like!

Old 01-28-2015, 07:52 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Lipstick in weird colors like green and blue.

Nail polish in weird colors like green, blue, black. Totally ugly.

Same goes for weird color hair. Chunks of red, purple, green - how is this attractive?

Long, ratty hair extensions on AA women. There's no way you're fooling anyone that that hair is real.

Ombre hair color on anyone. Used to be the dark on top light on bottom look was reserved for some women who tried going lighter, were letting it grow out, and were too lazy to dye the bottom to match the new growth.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:00 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,366,942 times
Sagging pants. Its time has long since passed. My daughter came home yesterday raging about a boy whose pants were so low she could actually see daylight between his thighs. Frankly, I don't know why she was looking that closely, but I agree that it's gross.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:08 AM

1,007 posts, read 1,126,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
THIS^^^ . I am built the same, tall, with long muscular legs, built calves and slim ankles. Slim fitted capris look fantastic on me. And living in Florida, they are ideal.
I wear these too. They are great for Florida when it's too hot for pants and shorts would not be appropriate. The only wide leg capris I have are like sweatpants. They are great for around the house but too sloppy for wearing for out in public. Kind of like pajamas.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:54 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Oh, I forgot to add: almond-shaped fingernails and French manicures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Yeah, glad you mentioned manicures. Fake nails that are overly decorated and lengthened make most females look like $2 streetwalkers. All that money wasted to look cheap. Save your money, girls, and buck that trend!
Agreed. I have short real nails, and haven't done the fake thing since I was young and stupid. My girlfriend told me one of the first things that attracted me to her was the fact that I didn't have fake nails. Major turn-off for a lot of people, including her. The almond shaped ones are particularly weird looking. They look like deadly weapons to me

Old 01-28-2015, 09:06 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
Above the knee shorts, the 70s are over fellas

Those butt pad things that are out to make a womans butt look like its actually there, might as well add faux +cup size bras too.

Sagging pants, especially when hipsters, and skateboarders do it in skinny jeans

Polo shirts need to go away

Miniblind glasses need to go away- forever

Deck shoes

The smartphone necklace/lanyard around the neck
Really ?

Old 01-28-2015, 09:19 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
THIS^^^ . I am built the same, tall, with long muscular legs, built calves and slim ankles. Slim fitted capris look fantastic on me. And living in Florida, they are ideal. And I too have a closet full in all colors!

I do agree that those wide legged things are hideous, and really don't flatter anyone. I think that is what most people are thinking when they think "capris." The ones that were popular in the 50s and 60s were fitted, and accented a woman's curves - those are the kind I like!
EXACTLY.

Today the highs are going to be around 70 where I live (fabulous weather for January!) and I am about to break out my slim cut ankle length cropped pants and some flats, with a little sweater set. Heck, I may even add pearls!

The ones I'm wearing today are periwinkle blue and the sweater set has a shell that's black, cobalt blue and periwinkle and the cardigan is cobalt blue. Black flats. I'm feelin' it.

Some looks never go out of style.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:24 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona13 View Post
I wear these too. They are great for Florida when it's too hot for pants and shorts would not be appropriate. The only wide leg capris I have are like sweatpants. They are great for around the house but too sloppy for wearing for out in public. Kind of like pajamas.
Yes, I have a couple of pairs of WORK PANTS (yard projects, cleaning the house, painting) that are the wide leg capris but I would never wear them off my suburban lot! LOL

My husband doesn't understand about capris (he LOVES shorts and wears them every chance he gets, which is fine because he has terrific legs). He is always saying, "Why don't you just wear shorts? I don't understand how those feel cool."

Well - I am 53 years old. Let's just say that I'm not wearing ANYTHING that hits more than an inch above the knee - and since that's the case, capris or cropped pants are much more flattering than "mom shorts" on me. Everybody's build is different though.

I do think that short women have a harder time pulling off capris or than tall women. I don't mean literally pulling them off - LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty