U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 10:30 PM

621 posts, read 791,087 times

Advertisements

Would you date someone who had a ton of pimples on their face? Or redness over their face? Have you or would you?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 10:48 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,518,037 times
Redness, maybe, unless it's a bad case of Rosacea. "Crater faces", I think so. Tons of pimples, no. I could handle some but I've always had a tendency to regard skin condition.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:04 AM

10,860 posts, read 18,875,631 times
My husband had a lot of pimples when I met him. It didn't matter to me. He wasn't sleeping enough, was drinking every weekend, and eating an unhealthy diet. When those things improved, his face and back cleared up a lot.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:26 AM

13,132 posts, read 7,387,994 times
I had severe cystic acne since I was around 10 years old. It started out mild, but got worse and worse the older I got. It wasn't just a case of minor breakouts. I had not only whiteheads and blackheads but cysts that didn't come to a head and made those big red swellings on my face. I also had the acne on my back. I tried everything under the sun to get rid of it: popping them, changing my diet, washing my face constantly, etc. I went to dermatologists and they prescribed daily antibiotics, creams, and gels. Sometimes I was on four prescription meds at the same time! These prescription medicines controlled the issue somewhat, but they never cleared it completely.

When I met my ex husband, he noticed my problem. It was so embarrassing for me and I hated it. He told me about Accutane. It is a concentrated form of oral Vitamin A, and is the strongest medication available on the market for severe cystic acne like mine. He suggested I go to a different dermatologist and ask about it, so I did. When I asked her to give it to me, she agreed to prescribe it. However, it has some terrible side effects. She wanted to be sure I was OK with them before I started the standard 5 month treatment cycle. I didn't care. I was desperate.

I started the treatment. The side effects are rough. And women of childbearing age, such as myself, are required to have a pregnancy test each month before they get refills because Accutane causes severe birth defects. Although the treatment itself was difficult, the drug cured my acne. I never thought anything would work. I'm so happy it did. The constant embarrassment I felt finally vanished. But people who are shallow enough to refuse to date someone with acne, even a lot of it, need to look at what THEY'VE got going on in their own mirrors

Old 02-03-2015, 02:19 PM

15,736 posts, read 11,738,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
Would you date someone who had a ton of pimples on their face? Or redness over their face? Have you or would you?
Yes, I would.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:25 PM

20 posts, read 13,634 times
Yes, depends on their personality and overall looks. A guys face can clear up but his personality, maybe not so much.

Old 02-03-2015, 04:02 PM

3,876 posts, read 4,571,964 times
I would and I have, as long as the fellow is not slovenly in appearance (clean clothes, not a mouth breather) and is a non-smoker. I rarely get typical zits, but I still occasionally get a cyst pimple --have one now on my chin, as a matter of fact -- from eating too much wheat (dang ziti gave me zitties).

Old 02-03-2015, 07:09 PM

9,457 posts, read 16,404,322 times
I dated a guy once who had bad acne. He was cute everywhere else and had a hot bod so I was able to look past it.

Old 02-03-2015, 09:49 PM

22,690 posts, read 21,741,083 times
Honestly, I don't know. I've dated a few people with pimples, mild acne, skin redness, eczema. Severe?

Old 02-05-2015, 09:33 AM

9,734 posts, read 6,265,376 times
I had a boyfriend in high school who had really severe...like "first thing anyone notices about him even if he has a 3 foot green mohawk today" severe...acne. He was also that small stature, sharp boned, pale red haired French sort of look. His red hair was really long and he had a goatee, he was one of my several "headbanger" boyfriends. Oddly, having seen him on social media many years later, he looks pretty much the same now, except maybe less pimples.

But ya know, he had a really fun personality and I always had a great time hanging out with him. So I didn't care!

I still get zits. Not really bad, but some, probably always will since I'm in my 30s, if I were going to outgrow it I guess I would have by now. One thing I've learned...the person with acne notices it a lot more on their own face, than anyone else ever does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty