U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2015, 02:36 PM

3,928 posts, read 3,540,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiko View Post
Because 25 years after jailhouse gangsta inspired fashion became the mainstream for casual clothes it remains except when there is a real athlete performance issue at stake as with competitive swimmers. Since it does not effect things like beach volleyball or basketball like with hairstyles the look will remain until the next superstar makes a new fashion statement and women positively react to him causing other sheep to follow suit to remain competitive in the local mating game.
If you know fashiom history, you'd know men have never worn tight fitting swim clothes, ever see old black and white shows or movies, more like a striped loose fitting unitard.

Old 02-04-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Yes, it does. Women are expected to flaunt it all almost naked, with nothing to hide, in tight swimsuits while men hide their assets (or lack thereof) of baggy trunks.

I vote for full Speedo disclosure for all men! Come on, let us women check out your goods, compare you to all the other men around you and start threads about the size and shape of your Speedo bulge!

I mean, its only fair, right? That is what women put up with from men on a daily basis

PS: A close-up Speedo pictorial thread on the topic for comparison would be nice - all we get to see around here are pics of airbrushed and mostly naked women being picked apart and judged. Bring on the Speedo contest!
It would be fair, what wouldn't is judging a bunch of flacid peni. I mean **** are just there, they don't really swell with excitement.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post

Because in the USA sissies are not considered appealing to women.
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

Old 02-04-2015, 03:15 PM

685 posts, read 531,006 times
Men in America did wear Speedos (as did I) in the late 60s and 70s when I probably was at the beach the most. So, the change you've stated is really interesting. I wonder if our environment is causing body changes. It did when cows were fed hormones to produce more milk (girls got breasts earlier).

Old 02-04-2015, 03:23 PM

4,424 posts, read 5,203,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
What the hell is that supposed to mean?
It means theyre stereotyping

Old 02-04-2015, 03:41 PM

13,135 posts, read 7,387,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graceC View Post
Personally, I think Speedo on a man is unattractive. At least a woman has the good taste to tidy up her area down there when wearing a bikini. I still can't get rid of this horrific image from my mind of that German tourist in Jamaica with his tight skinny red speedo. Gaaahhh!!
Speaking of horrific images, a few months ago, I was reading something on some website, I clicked a link to read more about whatever it was, and I saw a pic of Steven Tyler in a speedo (in all his ancient, skeletal glory). I had not been forewarned that I was about to view such a monstrosity or I would not have clicked the link

Old 02-04-2015, 04:33 PM

2,459 posts, read 4,669,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
LOL. I think American guys don't wear Speedos because they don't want women, and other guys, to know how well hung (or not) they really are. And Speedos leave little to the imagination, especially if they malfunction, as bikinis often do. I don't believe it has to do with male vanity in general because many, maybe even most, American guys don't care if they're fat/ugly and everyone sees it. If they did, they wouldn't be wearing even swim trunks in the first place.
The size of a flaccid "member" is not indicative of size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or