Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2015, 11:26 PM

241 posts, read 359,893 times

Advertisements

The Rules Revisited: Feminine Beauty Is Highly Controllable

Personally I think he does make some good points, our physical appearance is more in control then we think. I also think a lot of this can be applied to men as well.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:30 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,200,113 times
Too much emphasis is put on a woman's look, and this does lead to a derogatory effect on those who may not be genetically blessed as beautiful.

All I will say is, either gender needs to do what is best for them to lead happy & healthy lives. Not every woman can look like Eva Anderson, and not every guy can be like George Clooney.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:50 AM

20,757 posts, read 19,951,234 times
I thought we are not allowed to have more weight threads?

But overall, I agree to the articles statement "Don't waste your time worrying about your eyelashes (1 %) when you are overweight (42 %) - go to the gym."

Old 03-05-2015, 11:06 AM

2,547 posts, read 4,226,819 times
Definitely. Especially as a woman gets older.
You may never be thought of as having a beautiful facial structure if you weren't blessed with one; but there's plenty in your control to look attractive overall, it's the total package - hair, makeup, clothes, and figure.
Men have it even easier, imo. Unless there are some severe disfigurements, all a man needs to do is be in reasonably good shape and well-dressed, look sharp and clean cut with a good haircut and nice cologne - and the majority of women will deem him attractive. What his actual facial features are is irrelevant at that point.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:13 AM

4,559 posts, read 5,410,524 times
I have said it before and I'll say it again - almost any woman can be considered attractive if she just controls her weight. Its the one area of a person's physical being that they can control. All she really needs to do is not be fat and she could very well be considered attractive by a great majority of men.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:14 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
Absolutely true.
And it's even easier for a man. Much, much easier.

Old 03-05-2015, 12:47 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
I have said it before and I'll say it again - almost any woman can be considered attractive if she just controls her weight. Its the one area of a person's physical being that they can control. All she really needs to do is not be fat and she could very well be considered attractive by a great majority of men.
C-D has a weight/obesity obsession. There are plenty of women around who are in very good shape, and dress well, but don't attract men's attention. There are also women who are chubby, don't put much effort into dress and makeup, and somehow manage to attract quite a bit of positive attention. Some of this boils down to personal magnetism. Men will insist they only are attracted to women who are fit, but if a charismatic chubby crosses their path, they'll be all over her, ignoring the slimmer women around them. Real life doesn't follow easy, simple formulas.

Old 03-05-2015, 01:12 PM

44,347 posts, read 20,047,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I thought we are not allowed to have more weight threads?

But overall, I agree to the articles statement "Don't waste your time worrying about your eyelashes (1 %) when you are overweight (42 %) - go to the gym."
True ^. The blog focuses on weight, and that topic has been discussed here in numerous prior threads. Consequently, this one is closed.

Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty