Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 07:10 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
These shoes were like sandal heel types, with the high heel embeded in the shoe's backside, with the openness for the toes in the front, and straps along the front leading to the back.

Won't inserts on sandal heels not look good?
Wear what's comfortable. You can wear heels occasionally, for a formal dinner out, or something, which would only entail a couple of hours in the heels. Otherwise, spare your feet and your back (heels are bad for the back and for posture), and wear flats. There is such a thing as dress flats, or you can wear pumps for dressing up. Your feet and back will thank you.

And no, inserts won't save you in heels. Discuss it with your podiatrist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2015, 07:42 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,855,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wear what's comfortable. You can wear heels occasionally, for a formal dinner out, or something, which would only entail a couple of hours in the heels. Otherwise, spare your feet and your back (heels are bad for the back and for posture), and wear flats. There is such a thing as dress flats, or you can wear pumps for dressing up. Your feet and back will thank you.

And no, inserts won't save you in heels. Discuss it with your podiatrist.
Inserts help for ocassional wearing. In a busy year i wear heels 1x a month. I generally stick to 2 inch stuff or less

Old 03-08-2015, 07:44 PM

2,632 posts, read 4,047,572 times
I learned a couple tips from wearing heels:

It's best not to go "cold turkey" with wearing heels if you're not used to wearing them. Start with kitten heels around the house. As you get comfortable with those, try heels an inch higher, and continue as you gain confidence with a new height.

It's also best to know your limitations. Stand on tiptoe in the highest heel. If you're stable, you're at a good height; if you're not stable, or it's painful, that heel is too high for you.

Old 03-08-2015, 11:09 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Wear platform heels. Tall shoes, no uncomfortable position for the foot.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:25 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,607,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygogetter View Post
I have only worn heel types of shoes on occasion. Yesturday I wore a pair for 2 and a half hours and about 1 hour in or so, my feet's soles hurt and burnt and felt like I had blisters. I didn't wear socks with these types of heels and did last with them for a that amount of time but they did hurt my feet.

My feet do tend to hurt this way when I wear a pair of shoes I don't normally wear. I am always wearing sneakers and or boots that are "flats". My parents say I should wear heels so my feet can get a feel of those shoes and get use to it.

So what do you ladies recommend I do?
"Heels" have a time and a place, and require some practice. Then, I usually go with those that offer a platform because that balances out the actual heel, and it doesn't put that much pressure on your achilles tendon which will hurt you a LOT more if you're upsetting it.

Also, when buying heels, spend the money, because what is being sold in stores like Payless is anti-feet. A good pair will have a nice cushion inside.

I saw your user name, and I hope you're not wearing heels in Disney. I just saw a few people with heels in there (they were around 3inches), and I felt pain looking at them. I can't possible imagine what they were thinking.

IF your work place is more formal, then you can start out with 2 inches heels, and work your way up to 3, 3 1/2. To me wearing 4+inch heels at work(all day) is murder for your feet and it looks trashy too.

IF you're overweight DON'T WEAR HEELS. I mean it, the more weight you're putting on your feet, the worst they're going to hurt.

I won't wear heels at work unless their are wedges with a wider heel, nice platforms, not those ugly lady Gaga things...or if we go to a party/theater type performance, and so forth.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:52 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,537,463 times
My feet hurt in almost any shoe if I stand or walk on them long enough. The ONLY shoe that I can wear for hours and don't get sore in are Birkenstocks and they are not exactly the type of shoe to go "out" in unfortunately.

As for wearing heels, it amazes me when I see women in 4 or 5 inch heels. I love the feminine look and they make dresses so much dressier, but I feel the pain in my feet just looking at them lol.

I wear 2" heels with my dresses, and although I know they don't look as good as 4" heels would, they do help me look more dressed up even though my feet kill me by the end of an evening.

Old 03-09-2015, 05:56 AM

Also, not wearing stockings is an invitation to blisters, and also looks trashy.

Old 03-09-2015, 06:35 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
Also, not wearing stockings is an invitation to blisters, and also looks trashy.
I disagree on both points. I never wear hose with my dresses, even with I suffer with high heels on. I don't think it looks trashy at all, and since I'm in TX, the heat makes pantyhose feel like my legs are suffocating. But I have a darker skin tone, so my skin looks like I'm wearing hose even when I'm not

Old 03-09-2015, 07:23 AM

15,626 posts, read 10,380,316 times
High heels are sexy, no doubt about it....but, I never enjoy myself at a social function when wearing high heels because my feet hurt. I wear flats or 1 inch heels, with no exceptions.

Old 03-09-2015, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I disagree on both points. I never wear hose with my dresses, even with I suffer with high heels on. I don't think it looks trashy at all, and since I'm in TX, the heat makes pantyhose feel like my legs are suffocating. But I have a darker skin tone, so my skin looks like I'm wearing hose even when I'm not
Well here how this goes:

AM wearing high heels with summer-like dress, non office...you can get away with no stockings.
AM Office wearing (pump-like heels), have to wear stockings. It is proper etiquette before anything else. I was referring to when someone wears a beautiful business suit without stockings; VERY trashy.
PM Office use the same as above
PM use for party going, (after work), event going, anything else evening going depends on the VENUE. If it's a wedding and it is not on sand, then definitely wear stockings. If you're wearing a floor length dress, you can get away with it, but if you're going to wear something shorter than a maxi dress, put on stockings. They don't have to be uncomfortable or even visible, they have tons of kinds, so, you can find a suitable pair.

I match my shoes with the occasion all the time, and I am VIP at Zappos.com!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty