U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2015, 02:29 PM

15,745 posts, read 11,762,631 times

Advertisements

Most of the designer bags are butt ugly. The cheap ones are way more creative and fun to look at.

Sometimes I think that Louis Vitton thought "let's see how ugly I can make a handbag and if people are stupid enough to buy it just because it is expensive."

Seriously, this "thing" is fugly!

vitton handbag - Bing Images
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2015, 06:22 PM

13,167 posts, read 7,403,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
LOL! Sorry hon, women don't buy expensive bags to impress men. What a hilarious thought.
Yes indeed. If there in one thing a woman buys for herself and herself only, it is a purse. They are very individual things and have to have the exact right specifications for the woman who is using it. Otherwise, it just sits in her closet and collects dust. Women couldn't care less about what other people think of the purse she carries. My gf bought me a purse for my birthday. She soon realized buying a purse that I didn't specifically pick out wasn't a good idea, because she selected a purse completely different than one I would have liked. She chose a plain black fabric crossbody style bag with a million slots, something I would never carry. I prefer large black, pink, or red leather hobos with just one large main compartment. She ended up returning it and taking me shopping for a different gift

Old 03-12-2015, 08:41 PM

26,878 posts, read 28,170,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Most of the designer bags are butt ugly. The cheap ones are way more creative and fun to look at.

Sometimes I think that Louis Vitton thought "let's see how ugly I can make a handbag and if people are stupid enough to buy it just because it is expensive."

Seriously, this "thing" is fugly!

vitton handbag - Bing Images
And I find these bags by Louis Vuitton to be super classic.

https://www.google.com/search?q=vuit...w&ved=0CEIQ7Ak

And there are many many many more designer handbags in all sorts of shapes as patterns you may not recognize. Ugly comes in all price points.

Old 03-12-2015, 10:58 PM

29,613 posts, read 31,931,623 times
I wouldn't keep myself broke buy buying a name brand or anything, but I have repurchased the same Coach handbag more than once, in different colors, used on ebay.

If I had tons of money I might buy something new. In fact I have paid MORE for something things because they are exactly what I want. But usually being frugal and finding deals is one of my hobbies. Not necessarily because I need to be that way either, I just get a kick out of it and don't think anyone should waste things. Especially money.

Old 03-15-2015, 12:06 AM

49 posts, read 53,441 times
Open mike,

Designers are artists. They are the only ones getting scammed here. Thieves rip off their designs and produce cheap crap copy cat style bags for the masses.
Who do you think profits more off of the designers designs? The designer or the people that stole from the designer?

Why are you so angry at hand bags?
So weird of you. Especially since your wife's bag only cost $18.

Why does it upset you that some people appreciate art in the form of a bag and are willing to pay for it?

How much are you willing to pay for some sort of electronical device that you may consider to be art?

I know all boys like gadgets.
Do all your gadgets cost $4 and $18 dollars like the stuff your wife buys?
If you can't find the gadget you really want at a thrift store like your wife finds her fashions do you pay full price for it elsewhere? Pay for the quality and design of the product?

Boys really need to stop bitching about handbags. Especially you open mike. You don't even have hand bag issues and you are angry about them.

So weird.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:07 AM

917 posts, read 1,703,535 times
I've bought $200 handbags and they are MUCH more durable than the $60 non leather bags I used to buy. I'm cheap with a lot of things but I think spending extra for purses is worth it. I'm not saying that the cheaper bags are ugly I just find them to be a waste of money because you have to replace them too soon because the strings are popping out, tears in the fabric, etc.

if you can find designer bags are thrift stores that's great!

I've been lusting over a chanel and balenicaga for a while but I can't bring myself to spend that much money on a bag.

Old 04-06-2015, 02:39 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,152,634 times
Sorry but I love my Louis's and no one will stop me from buying them

Old 04-06-2015, 04:20 PM

6,461 posts, read 6,101,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hershey48 View Post
I've bought $200 handbags and they are MUCH more durable than the $60 non leather bags I used to buy. I'm cheap with a lot of things but I think spending extra for purses is worth it. I'm not saying that the cheaper bags are ugly I just find them to be a waste of money because you have to replace them too soon because the strings are popping out, tears in the fabric, etc.

if you can find designer bags are thrift stores that's great!

I've been lusting over a chanel and balenicaga for a while but I can't bring myself to spend that much money on a bag.
I never spent more than fifty dollars on a purse until my husband bought me an expensive Leturnier purse in France. That purse looks brand new and I use it almost all the time. I've had it over a decade. All my cheap purses last a season and look so worn I have to toss them.

So that 250$ purse was a much better bargain than any cheap purse I bought. It totally changed my view point. It's just a really well made black leather bag, that's timeless.

Old 04-06-2015, 04:33 PM

4,859 posts, read 3,717,072 times
I use my pockets. They come free with my pants and shorts and capris!

Old 04-07-2015, 02:37 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,456,574 times
I spent $150 on a Timbuk2 messenger bag last year. I don't think I'm going to be criticizing any women for what they spend on their handbags.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or