U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 04:10 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,533,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesster View Post
Geez people...

I don't need your judgement or advice on my morning habits.

I work from home. I do not have a set routine, I don't carry a bag around everywhere I go and I'm not interested in starting.

I want to get some deodorant and leave it in the car. That is the ONLY option here. If your advice/experience doesn't pertain to that EXACTLY, then kindly keep it to yourself.
Welcome to the internet. You don't get to control other posters' responses. If you post to a public forum, be prepared that you may not get the exact answers you're looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 04:16 PM

226 posts, read 272,114 times
i want to know the answer to this too. i'd like one that doesn't freeze in winter or melt in summer! there are so many reasons to need deodorant in the car!

Old 03-10-2015, 05:14 PM

10,711 posts, read 19,040,812 times
That's why I suggested the wipes type deodorant(s).

Old 03-10-2015, 05:40 PM

10,860 posts, read 18,875,631 times
You can use hand sanitizer as deodorant, not every day, but it works fine once in a while for an emergency. Maybe that would keep better in the car.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:16 PM

6,494 posts, read 2,236,855 times
There are rock crystal deodorants - supposed to be more natural, but as for strength, depends on how much you sweat, I guess. When I was in my 20s, this was the kind of deodorant I used, but I worked in an office all day and it was air-conditioned - I didn't sweat that much. I don't think it would melt in the car, but read the label that comes with it. You can buy it in a health food store.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:23 PM

6,494 posts, read 2,236,855 times
More info on rock crystal deodorant - pick one that has no aluminum in it. Look at ingredients to make sure they didn't add any parabens or unnecessary artificial fragrance.

Old 03-10-2015, 06:33 PM

7,099 posts, read 23,885,607 times
There are some powders (Shower To Shower) that are also good deodorants. Might help you out a little.

Old 03-10-2015, 08:32 PM

8,382 posts, read 5,021,700 times
Quote:
Geez people...

I don't need your judgement or advice on my morning habits.

I work from home. I do not have a set routine, I don't carry a bag around everywhere I go and I'm not interested in starting.

I want to get some deodorant and leave it in the car. That is the ONLY option here. If your advice/experience doesn't pertain to that EXACTLY, then kindly keep it to yourself.

Sorry, I can't offer any advice on that. My car doesn't have leather, and it leaked in the glove box (which is plastic) not on the seat.
If I were you I would keep on keeping it in the car. Only, remove it from the "tube" and place it into a better sealing case. That way, whether it melts or not won't really matter, but you can still open that case, get a dab on your fingers and apply that way.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:10 AM

5,808 posts, read 3,295,904 times
Maybe it would hold up better in the trunk of the car. Not as handy, but you could try it.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:22 AM

3,348 posts, read 5,811,009 times
Quote:
I'd like to keep some deodorant in my glove box for backup in case I forget to put some on in the morning.

The normal summer temps here are in the 90s, with probably around a week or so of 100+ temps. So it gets 150+ when the car is sitting in the sun, and there's not a lot of shade in most parking lots here. The last stick I kept in the car melted into a gooey mess.

Anyone know of any types or brands that won't melt under these conditions? I'd prefer to avoid aerosol cans because they might explode in the heat.
Use a pump spray. It's non-aerosol, and it won't melt.

This is what I use, and I always have a bottle in the glove box. No problems through any weather conditions:

Men'S Stock Deodorant - Men's Stock Deodorant (4 Fluid Ounces Spray) by Aubrey Organics at the Vitamin Shoppe

I'm sure there are lots of others out there on the market like that. I know Burt's Bees makes one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty