U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 11:57 AM

10,236 posts, read 13,520,511 times

Advertisements

Y'know, I can't. Considering how rare it is to find someone unforgettably good-looking, I should remember. But I guess I'm proving my own point that looks by themselves don't hold up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 03:29 PM

8,533 posts, read 6,664,634 times
I see gorgeous women on TV all the time.

In person I see women I consider very pretty a few times a week. Strange, but I hardly ever look twice at a man. Maybe I have different standards for men because surely there must be good looking ones around. I'm hetero and don't notice them though.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:44 PM

15,672 posts, read 7,694,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
I see gorgeous women on TV all the time.

In person I see women I consider very pretty a few times a week. Strange, but I hardly ever look twice at a man. Maybe I have different standards for men because surely there must be good looking ones around. I'm hetero and don't notice them though.
Very strange LOL

I'm hetro and I'm delighted to say I only notice the girls ( go by )

Old 11-11-2015, 06:30 PM

10,265 posts, read 6,495,798 times
Maybe only once or twice a year when I say "wow" to myself about how good looking that person is.

Old 11-11-2015, 06:43 PM

11,628 posts, read 17,040,226 times
I never see strikingly beautiful people. I see attractive and good looking people all the time but otherwise ...no. I do live in Chicago, maybe if I loved in SoCal it would be different.
My all time favorite supermodel is Cindy Crawford. She is "older" now but she is still as beautiful as she was in the 90's.

Old 11-11-2015, 08:34 PM

26,873 posts, read 28,145,186 times
Had a meeting with a guy the other day who reminded me of John Legend! Including the dimples! 😍

Old 11-11-2015, 09:33 PM

2,797 posts, read 2,513,019 times
About two weeks ago I had to make an off hour run to drop something at the Post Office. It was raining lightly when I departed but after dropping off and about to leave the historic building housing the post office (its also a Hyatt Hotel) I am under the covered portion gaging the volume of rain and adjusting my light jacket to get the hood up.

On the sidewalk is the most naturally beautiful brunette with short(er) hair who gives me a winsome look (turning her face back toward me) as she's apprehensive about crossing the street in the heavier falling rain turns and comes over to join me in the portico of the massive arch. It was for a brief moment like a Hollywood movie. We chatted for a little bit. She was from Birmingham UK originally, and moved to area when her mom married an American. She's attending a regional State University studying for Psychology. When the rain let up slightly we both went on our way.

I say 'beautiful' because she wasn't dressed up (jeans, a pullover with light jacket) but you can't hide it when you a) hold yourself well b) have a gorgeous face (she had those soft brown eyes and facial features more toward 'cute' (a dimple / freckle) but you could tell if she wanted to be stunning and get lots of attention she could. She filled the clothing well (she should being 19-20 ish) but what got me was the delightful Birmingham UK British accent and mental acuity as we talked - albeit briefly.

My mind raced to casting her as Eliza Doolittle (if she could play the bedraggled cockney speaking role) and me playing Professor Higgins, but alas, that story was so unrealistic (the romantic part).

The same week, I happened to see the beauty who played the violin at a wedding reception I worked three weeks prior. Simply beautiful. Mid 20s tall brunette long black hair pulled back naturally beautiful fair complexion face. And as typical of someone musically trained she had that excellent posture (and moved well too). She looked like a youthful Jill Hennessy (Law and Order / Crossing Jordan) with a cuter nose.

I tend to see them in bunches and then go quite some time before I see someone I consider beautiful. But that is always subject to that eye of the beholder standard as well as volume of new people encountered.

About month ago, whenever I catch an earlier train on my homeward bound commute, there is a strikingly beautiful redhead (lighter color) who facially is a doppelganger for Amy Adams. Also probably about mid 20s. Amazingly beautiful smile and radiant light green eyes. She's standing with friends and talking to another young woman the few times I was close enough to notice. She's seemingly a girl next door type (by what bits of conversation I occasionally overhear i.e. non pretentious). I wonder if she knows how beautiful she is - I didn't approach because I'm likely twice her age and she's always with friends. My what a beautiful woman.

The thing I tend to find with 'beautiful' women (to me at least) - is that they seem to have 'something else' besides their physical attractiveness - and while they may or may not know they are genetically blessed - they never let it seem to be their dominant attractive trait. All three of these examples did not dress to impress nor were in any way trying to attract undo attention. They all seemed to be confident in their being and considerate happy human beings (at least when they crossed my path).

Hoping I come across another tomorrow!

Old 11-13-2015, 10:07 AM

687 posts, read 430,466 times
I agree with the previous poster about what makes someone seem beautiful! It is an attitude much of the time.

I am trying to remember the last time I saw someone that fascinated me with their 'beauty'. I can remember instances, but not necessarily the most recent.

I think I would have to say a girl in college I met, whom now identifies as male. When I knew him, he was still unsure about what identity he was most comfortable with, but had shaved his head and wore mostly men's clothes. He was stunningly beautiful to me. I could stare at him a long time if I didn't care about being rude. Gorgeous eyes and smile, petite, lovely skin, and a humility and sensitivity that made it seem like a light was shining through him. It is hard to describe what it was exactly that made him so beautiful, but many people described him that way. He is a musician and has a lovely voice, similar to Joni Mitchell. I am sure he will have a great career in music if he chooses.

Last edited by Basilide; 11-13-2015 at 10:17 AM..

Old 11-14-2015, 06:20 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,140,553 times
Ok in person this was many, many years ago in Miami at a Victorias Secret. I was with my best friend and we were in line to check out. We couldn't figure out what all the women were looking at it and then we saw: An absolutely stunning tall Columbian (had to be) woman with waist long black hair, big boobs, and big butt with lots of diamonds on her. I am not kidding that every woman in the store was staring at her. It was so disgusting, lol. I mean I'm talking flawless. My bf and I just looked at each other and felt like gum on the floor of a garage parking lot, LOL. I seriously almost hit on her. I think every woman in that store would have turned lesbian that day. We immediately went drinking to make ourselves feel better. It didn't help

Ok man wise: so I was living with my brother a long time ago and was waiting for Comcast to show up for a repair. I was dressed bummy-I mean just hanging out at home. I open the door and I swear to God the Angels shined their lights down and music started playing. One of the HOTTEST guys I'd ever seen was standing in front of me. I'm talking tall, dark hair, dark eyes, tan (Cuban) and nicely built. I mean just a guy that turns heads. I literally was speechless and then felt like a moron for looking as dumpy as I did. I showed him the tv and then immediately flew to the phone to call my best friend and be like UMMMMMMMMMM HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO. Anyways, he was very nice and I just stood there like a moron. Anyways, he ended up calling the house after his visit and asked me out!!!!!!! I'm like WTF????? I declined like a TOTAL RETARD as I was dating someone who ended up being a bigger retard than I was that day. Would have been a nice notch in my belt...ahhhhhhhh

My brother who is completely straight said the other night he was out in Miami and this guy was at this bar and he was probably the hottest guy he'd ever seen. He said he would have turned gay that night, lol.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:35 AM

17,159 posts, read 22,167,733 times
its very intriguing too, that at rare times you will meet someone,,,, and your heart nearly jumps out of your chest... and they may not be an overly beautiful person, that's when you think you met them in a previous life,,
even if you lose sight of said person, you have an unknown radar of where they are(if in vicinity)

your mind is going nuts trying to understand this,,you don't follow your instincts/heart because you don't trust yourself and you err on the side of caution

usually you are with someone else when this happens, and most you can do is try to ignore this
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or