U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 08:27 AM

13,230 posts, read 11,758,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_land View Post
And I mean in person and not someone you already know.

It must be where I live and that I don't go out very often, but I don't see a lot of physically beautiful people. And when I do see them, they're usually females. There hasn't been a guy that has taken my breath away in years. I don't have to be attracted to him, but I haven't seen one and say, "Wow, he's gorgeous." I think I need to move.

Anyway, to answer my own question, I actually saw three beautiful females in the last week. Two on my bus and another at the Baby Gap store.
Must be my area too because I rarely see really attractive men. I did see one working in the grocery store a few months ago, but I haven't seen him since. There was an attractive man working in my local pizzeria 8 years ago, but he wasn't there for long. I work with a gorgeous man but I guess it doesn't count since I know him. I met an attractive guy on Tinder last year who had done some modeling.

I do see attractive women more frequently, but I don't care enough to take notice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 08:32 AM

944 posts, read 769,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Gambit View Post
Every day. Where I live (Encino), and the surrounding areas (Sherman Oaks, Studio City, Calabasas) I see beautiful women all the time. At Ralphs, Trader Joes, Whole Foods, Starbucks, going to or from yoga classes, the gym, etc.

Seriously, there isnt a day that goes by where I dont see three or four women who make me say "OMG".
Ah, California. Every time I visited there, there were plenty of beautiful people. Again, just females though, but I just look at beautiful females like art.

Speaking of handsome men, I did see someone yesterday while I waited for my bus. He was older (like in his 40's) with a beard, but he was handsome. Kind of reminded me of the newest Bachelor guy-Chris Soules? I saw him for the first time a few weeks ago and he looked right at me then and even came to stand right by me. I saw him again yesterday and he looked at me again. To be continued...

Old 03-11-2015, 08:47 AM

13,230 posts, read 11,758,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
My area is full of short round Mexicans and white crack heads. So if I see a tall person who stil has all their teeth, they seem overly attractive even if they are just average.
In that case, I'd have to move.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:31 AM

262 posts, read 190,387 times
On youtube there is something that originated on buzzfeed called "Giant Men Meet Tiny Kittens". The whole thing is precious and adorable, but there is a Marine in there who is like "Oh My Gosh!!!!". No I never met him. Only in my dreams

Old 03-11-2015, 09:34 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,179,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_land View Post
Ah, California. Every time I visited there, there were plenty of beautiful people. Again, just females though, but I just look at beautiful females like art.

Speaking of handsome men, I did see someone yesterday while I waited for my bus. He was older (like in his 40's) with a beard, but he was handsome. Kind of reminded me of the newest Bachelor guy-Chris Soules? I saw him for the first time a few weeks ago and he looked right at me then and even came to stand right by me. I saw him again yesterday and he looked at me again. To be continued...
Visited LA last summer and went to my first Dodger game. I could not believe how beautiful the women were. Been to ballgames all over the country, usually the only attractive women I've seen were the player's wives. At Dodger Stadium many women looked like player's wives. Unreal.
I even called my wife from the ballpark just to share it with her....though she would have been saying how gorgeous they were too, of course I phrased it differently. Instead of some panting pervert I think I phrased it as "honey, there are no fat people in LA.....you need to see this."
I was also looking at them with mustard on my t-shirt while eating my third Dodger Dog (hey, they're really good). The Midwesterner standing out in the sea of beauty for sure.

Old 03-11-2015, 09:46 AM

944 posts, read 769,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
Visited LA last summer and went to my first Dodger game. I could not believe how beautiful the women were. Been to ballgames all over the country, usually the only attractive women I've seen were the player's wives. At Dodger Stadium many women looked like player's wives. Unreal.
I even called my wife from the ballpark just to share it with her....though she would have been saying how gorgeous they were too, of course I phrased it differently. Instead of some panting pervert I think I phrased it as "honey, there are no fat people in LA.....you need to see this."
I was also looking at them with mustard on my t-shirt while eating my third Dodger Dog (hey, they're really good). The Midwesterner standing out in the sea of beauty for sure.
I currently live in the Midwest and used to live in CA. Even though I was only a teenager when I moved to the Midwest, I noticed how completely the regions were in terms on how they took care of their physical selves. I remember caring about hair, makeup and fashion so much more when I lived in CA, even as a teenager. Once I moved away, most of the girls I went to school with had little makeup, and fashion seemed like it was years behind. I started being more like the Midwestern girls though and I'm glad I have that instilled in me. I still care about fashion more than most people I know now that originally grew up here, but I'm not as much into it as people I still know and read about from CA.

Old 03-11-2015, 10:44 AM

3,417 posts, read 2,895,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
You should go to a Laker game - 10 times hotter than those at Dodger games. Not joking.

Seriously, every single day I see at LEAST 3-4 drop dead, insanely beautiful women around here. I like to spend 30 minutes or so at Starbucks just to get a start on my day and every morning at any one of the Starbucks I visit (usually the one in Encino off Ventura and Havenhurst or one of the few in Studio City on Ventura blvd) and its like a parade of beautiful women constantly coming in and out. You can drive 20 minutes up the 101 fwy into Thousand Oaks and it would be a very different story though.

Old 03-11-2015, 11:31 AM

898 posts, read 655,278 times
I remember a newly hired account manager at my former company. He was built like an Olympic swimmer. The most perfect physique possible on a human being. He looked like a Greek statue.

Old 03-11-2015, 12:59 PM

1,987 posts, read 1,903,046 times
My soon-to-be future wife, the first time I saw her.

Old 03-11-2015, 01:14 PM

3,417 posts, read 2,895,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adams_aj View Post
My soon-to-be future wife, the first time I saw her.
That was the last time? How long ago was that? You havent seen anyone really beautiful since then?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or