U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 01:06 PM

2,601 posts, read 2,987,699 times

Advertisements

Extremely good looking? I can't even remember. A lot of people are attractive, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 04:57 PM

609 posts, read 449,315 times
Almost every day. But this area also attracts super fit people. It's not like California impressive where everyone is super hot (where some women get a lot of work done). But everyone has a really nice body at least. So, mostly really good looking guys.

Old 03-21-2015, 05:01 PM

15,035 posts, read 8,568,934 times
When I looked in the mirror, babe.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:07 PM

22 posts, read 13,507 times
The last fascinating one that I saw was in a shopping mall.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:30 AM

944 posts, read 771,060 times
So after I started this thread, it just so happens that I literally ran into the most gorgeous man I've ever laid eyes on in over 20 years. It was like a scene from a movie where two people just happened to be on the same path one day, and this gorgeous man appeared right in front of me. I've never seen anyone with such a confident and handsome walk before, and oh, biceps? Woah.

So, not only does he go to the same gym, but we live in the same community. With my detective work, I Googled him, and he happens to be a freaking model! Ugh. No. All my assumptions about him turned out to be true. I thought, with that kind of confidence and looks, he must know he's good looking. 30's and still single? He must have a lot of females. He must be...cocky AND all things wrong for me. Yep, all his Facebook posts and Instagram photos prove it. Never seen so many darn selfies in my life.

Anyway, there went my fantasy of a down-to-earth/guy-next door-kind of man who just happens to be really good looking, and not have the other superficial qualities. Those looks he gave me didn't mean anything. It was just an ego boost for him like so many that I'm sure he gets daily.

It's a sad day.

Old 11-05-2015, 11:42 AM

15,747 posts, read 11,772,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
So after I started this thread, it just so happens that I literally ran into the most gorgeous man I've ever laid eyes on in over 20 years. It was like a scene from a movie where two people just happened to be on the same path one day, and this gorgeous man appeared right in front of me. I've never seen anyone with such a confident and handsome walk before, and oh, biceps? Woah.

So, not only does he go to the same gym, but we live in the same community. With my detective work, I Googled him, and he happens to be a freaking model! Ugh. No. All my assumptions about him turned out to be true. I thought, with that kind of confidence and looks, he must know he's good looking. 30's and still single? He must have a lot of females. He must be...cocky AND all things wrong for me. Yep, all his Facebook posts and Instagram photos prove it. Never seen so many darn selfies in my life.

Anyway, there went my fantasy of a down-to-earth/guy-next door-kind of man who just happens to be really good looking, and not have the other superficial qualities. Those looks he gave me didn't mean anything. It was just an ego boost for him like so many that I'm sure he gets daily.

It's a sad day.
And that's how models end up staying single forever. Everybody just ASSUMES they can do better. Why don't you just talk to him at the gym in a casual way? Maybe he is a shallow douche, maybe he is actually pretty nice.

Lots of people post selfies and maybe for him it is marketing and advertising himself, he is selling his looks after all.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:10 PM

944 posts, read 771,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
And that's how models end up staying single forever. Everybody just ASSUMES they can do better. Why don't you just talk to him at the gym in a casual way? Maybe he is a shallow douche, maybe he is actually pretty nice.

Lots of people post selfies and maybe for him it is marketing and advertising himself, he is selling his looks after all.
You are probably correct, although I have never met a very good looking male that's really nice and humble. It's usually the lack of modesty that turns me off. To give this guy credit, he must be smart as well because he can afford to live in a nice area, owns his own business, and is really into fitness. He looks and reads like someone who's from LA and not a small suburban town in the Midwest.

Given all these new things I discovered about him, he's way out of my league at this point. I don't want to compete with all those girls following him.

Old 11-05-2015, 12:35 PM

26,879 posts, read 28,182,235 times
Quote:

It's a sad day.
He might just be! I met a really great looking guy...and turned out he was really shy and down to earth! I think I mentioned him in this thread when it first landed. We chatted in a bar a few times.

I recently met another great looking guy (work vendor) - photographs like a model. He is in the top 10 nicest/most caring people I have met in my life. Totally helpful towards people he cares about. Has close relationships with family.

I would have thought he was different, but as I have been getting to know him it is not the case at all. Turns out we have loads in common. We ended up bonding quite a bit over a couple of months.

Now I did assume he was a flirt, and this is a correct assumption. We have now been flirting for a few weeks and we are going out this weekend. I assumed I wasn't remotely his type. Guess I was wrong as he started and escalated the flirting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

Yup! Since you will see him around, make small talk. You never know. Some really good looking guys are great.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:22 PM

15,747 posts, read 11,772,160 times
Quote:
You are probably correct, although I have never met a very good looking male that's really nice and humble. It's usually the lack of modesty that turns me off. To give this guy credit, he must be smart as well because he can afford to live in a nice area, owns his own business, and is really into fitness. He looks and reads like someone who's from LA and not a small suburban town in the Midwest.

Given all these new things I discovered about him, he's way out of my league at this point. I don't want to compete with all those girls following him.
Then don't. Just chit chat a little.

I just went to a store recently and ran into somebody from my gym that never talked to me before. He took the opportunity to say something about what a coincidence, after workout meal, blabla. Totally casual and nice. Now every time I see him at the gym, we say HI. If I would be interested, I would use that as an opportunity but since I am not, I'll keep it short to not lead him on. You can drop a casual line, too. Doesn't mean you are competing for his attention, you are just neighborly.

Read's like someone from LA? What does that mean? Most LA people I have met are super shallow and have no common sense.

Old 11-05-2015, 01:43 PM

6,319 posts, read 5,373,057 times
Every day.

My city is famous for its beautiful women and its true.

Multiculturalism has wrought some absolute stunners Downunder.

Mix German w Italian or Aboriginal or Asian with Caucasian = mama mia!

I see shop girls daily who look like they should be on the cover of magazines!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or