U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2015, 06:34 PM

3,876 posts, read 4,571,964 times

Advertisements

I wear basic in the looks department -- smooth finishes, no lace no bows, no loud patterns -- but it's relatively pricey. Panties run about $10 -- in pale pink, nude, white and black -- and bras in the same shades run about $30 each, but sometimes I can luck into a sale. But they give me the support and the fit under clothes that I want. My last bf liked the black pieces best, but I had other things in the wardrobe for his interest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 09:05 PM

2,722 posts, read 3,688,764 times
I can get Jockey "whities " at Sams Club pretty cheap. However, around home, I go commando !!

Old 03-17-2015, 06:48 PM

14,648 posts, read 29,685,966 times
I used to weigh 50 lbs more than I do, back then I just bought the basic cotton jobs in the packs. Now I have a nice figure, and I buy prettier undies - but not expensive. I don't spend more than $6 - 8$ for panties, and maybe up to $20 for bras. But they won't be overly lacey or uncomfortable, just pretty bikinis in satiny finishes with a little trim and the like. And these days I don't keep anything past its prime (although I used to!)

Old 03-17-2015, 07:26 PM

17,157 posts, read 22,161,261 times
superman and underdog underwear all the way there's no need to fear........

and the animal print boxers,,,,gotta like the elephant

Old 03-19-2015, 12:36 PM

6,171 posts, read 4,948,777 times
I spent $100 on a few packs of Under Armour boxer briefs a few weeks ago. The moisture wicking material and the 9'' length virtually eliminated the chaffing and heat rash I'm prone too. I have found that the high heat of a typical dryer will overtime degrade the elastic waistbands and make them useless. It's best just to air dry.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:02 PM

2,775 posts, read 2,577,430 times
As a guy; when I wear underwear, I wear nice/comfortable pairs that many would probably consider over-priced. It is primarily because I want just the right amount of support, elastic that doesn't hurt my sides, and material that feels good. Most of the time though, I don't need it and thus don't wear it.

As for my female partners, I prefer to have them do the same - seeing them in ratty underwear just seems odd to me and although I don't obsess over it, I think paying a few bucks to get something that isn't tattered or stretched out isn't unreasonable.

Each to their own though, this is just what I do ;-)

Old 03-19-2015, 01:03 PM

18 posts, read 20,310 times
I love fancy drawers! My favorites are lacy boy shorts and bikinis (they're comfy) and I only buy black and white. That way, all my knickers match, every single time. I promptly throw out any tattered panties, but I tend to keep bras, which you're not supposed to do. They're so damn expensive though! For a good one you can drop $60.00. Maybe not so terrible if your weight doesn't fluctuate at all like mine has tended to do.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:50 PM

14,072 posts, read 20,136,656 times
All of my panties-boring and sexy ones are all VS. I seriously have about 65 pairs..

Old 03-20-2015, 09:27 AM

1,366 posts, read 3,603,242 times
I buy cheap underwear from Target. This underwear is used for, um.... that time of the month. My Victoria's Secret underwear is for everything else, except for working out. VS is not fancy or expensive, but is more expensive than some people want to pay. I buy the deals, like the 7 for $27. The biggest reason I started wearing VS was because I couldn't find an XS that really was XS, without going into the kid's section. My husband absolutely loves VS. Every Christmas, he finds something he likes, and knows I would like. I love that!

I get my bras from Target. I'm itty bitty and VS bras are too big. I buy my basic sports bras from Walmart, but not the good, wick-away type.

Also, since I try to wear nice underwear, I have banned my husband from wearing basic tighty whiteys. He bought a bunch of boxer briefs, because he knows I love seeing him in them. Sadly, the ones I like the most, are the most uncomfortable for him, so he'll only wear those particular ones for... when he wants me to respond.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:00 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,334,463 times
Basic and as inexpensive as I can go without sacrificing non-shoddy construction.

Regarding the appeal of "sexy underwear," it's wasted on my husband, whose priority is to get it off as quickly as possible. So why spend the extra $$$?

I will spend a bit more on a bra if it's well-constructed enough to last longer, because even lower end bras are fairly expensive for what they are. I don't want to spent any money at all on a bra where it's going to pinch me, underwires will pop out and poke me, lace is scratchy, etc. I find that a lot of higher price point bras are not immune to shoddy construction, though, so price point, like with so many things, is really not a foolproof indicator of quality.

I don't care about matching bras to underwear. Sometimes it happens by chance. Mostly not.

My husband wears boxer briefs, exclusively. Most of them are colored (grey, black, or navy), although he has to wear white ones when he's wearing his uniform dress whites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or