U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 04:09 PM

6,461 posts, read 6,135,132 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yeah but history has already proven itself that it repeats or alters it slightly to make a "new trend".
Yes, this is true. Even "jellies" shoes made a comeback of sorts. Shudder. Plastic shoes? What were we thinking?
Jellybeans - Jelly Sandals

Crocs are obviously going to be ridiculed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2015, 04:18 PM

21,534 posts, read 22,820,307 times
The big hipster beards. Reading about Mad Men's new episode a lot of people were joking about the 1970 mustaches, but I bet in 20+ years it'll be the same for those dang beardos.

Old 04-10-2015, 09:45 AM

4,878 posts, read 4,591,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashleyga View Post
The fake, obscenely "arched" eyebrow trend
agree. I remember this guideline:
The perfect brow! | dermaplus skin + body

Two more:
Big foot
http://d3u67r7pp2lrq5.cloudfront.net...G_original.jpg

Haven't seen too many of this:
http://1-ps.googleusercontent.com/x/...ith-grillz.jpg

Old 04-10-2015, 09:52 AM
Status: "A delicate snowflake with the vote of a wolverine." (set 9 days ago)

13,300 posts, read 7,489,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
Yes, this is true. Even "jellies" shoes made a comeback of sorts. Shudder. Plastic shoes? What were we thinking?
Jellybeans - Jelly Sandals

Crocs are obviously going to be ridiculed.
Exactly. I don't know what our mother was thinking when she put my sister and I in those torture devices as children since we live in Texas. Our feet would become sweat machines instantly after putting them on. Horrible, horrible

Old 04-10-2015, 11:53 AM

492 posts, read 294,263 times
Yoga pants and leggings…

Guilty as charged. Almost daily. On my way to yoga or pilates. It's too much trouble to wear something else, and then change when I get there. They fit, not too tight, and not see-through. I've asked my instructor for an objective opinion.

Even more heinous… Uggs

With my leggings. They just seem to balance out the proportions. Flip flops let my feet get too dirty in the city. Runners look weird with leggings. And on cold mornings my Uggs are so warm! I don't care that they're ugly. I love them.

Jeans...

I will always wear jeans. Not the ridiculous low rise or pencil leg ones, just well-fitting, slight boot cut or sometimes slim leg, depending on the heel. When appropriate.

I agree on the jogger trend. I occasionally get emails from marketing research firms, asking my opinion about this or that possible future trend - 18 months ago when they were showing "the jogger" for women, I said no, no, no, not flattering, plain ugly, a step backward, most women are concerned about having a disproportionate hip/thigh, don't enhance that image, and then make it look sloppy on top of that. But here it is. Yech.

Old 04-11-2015, 06:22 AM

2 posts, read 1,520 times
Stylish dress, matching footwear & accessories, transparent makeup. I think it is sufficient to look best.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:10 AM

31,295 posts, read 57,533,772 times
Oh, I had a pair of jelly shoes in the 80s that were the most comfortable things ever. I wore them everywhere. And Crocs, really, are just a variation on the theme.

I'd have to go with those big donut-hole earring things, whatever they're called. I can't imagine that big ol' hole looking good after about 50 years.

Do men really wear those athletic pants outside the home, other than to the gym or other athletic endeavors? I guess I need to pay more attention.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:21 AM

1,496 posts, read 1,463,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post

Do men really wear those athletic pants outside the home, other than to the gym or other athletic endeavors? I guess I need to pay more attention.
Are you talking about the "jogger pant" thing? Yes, it's totally a trend right now. A really ill-advised one. Sometimes paired with "normal" or even business-casual-type attire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or