U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 10:09 PM

10,053 posts, read 7,007,155 times

Advertisements

It depends on the person. If they're attractive, it could suit them. Like this man:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2015, 10:17 PM

2,795 posts, read 3,156,159 times
Wore mine silver for several years and loved it going throughout my darker hair but needed a change once it went all gray. It made me feel older than I felt and I was tired of folks saying I looked tired or washout... Happy with my darker hair and will enjoy it for a few years Age 51... Do what you like, do what makes you feel good...

Old 03-22-2015, 06:42 AM

6,547 posts, read 4,687,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
It depends on the person. If they're attractive, it could suit them. Like this man:

Old 03-22-2015, 06:53 AM

460 posts, read 627,049 times
I think with gray hair, the longer it is, the dirtier and grosser it looks. Men can pull it off if their hair is really short and well groomed, in some cases. I don't understand why women would want to go gray when it is socially acceptable to color your hair.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:58 AM

5,541 posts, read 4,389,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
Bingo! I think complexion has a lot to do with whether a person looks attractive with gray hair. People with olive or dark skin or a lot of warm tones in their complexion can look absolutely stunning. I happen to be fish belly pale, so gray hair washes me out. Maybe I'm insecure, but I think I look much better with dark blonde hair than I would with gray.
No, you would probably look good. You would have to change the color of the clothing you wear. No more reds.

You could probably wear black. I went gray and had to stop wearing black. Weird how that worked out.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:06 AM

5,541 posts, read 4,389,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman91919 View Post
I think with gray hair, the longer it is, the dirtier and grosser it looks. Men can pull it off if their hair is really short and well groomed, in some cases. I don't understand why women would want to go gray when it is socially acceptable to color your hair.
Because chasing after the hair stylist gets old after a while. And your hair just doesn't feel like hair. And we or at least I don't care if someone considers me attractive or not.

54, three marriages, bazillion boyfriends, eh, who cares.

I look at my older sisters in their 60s still coloring their hair. Married to same person for 50 years and giggle like schoolgirls around men, maybe they needed to sow some oats. Lol.

My oldest older sister that led a wild and crazy life has gone grey too.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:46 AM

1,766 posts, read 1,276,006 times
Some people look great grey - and some do not.

I color my hair because on the sides it is dark mixed with grey while the top gets fairly blond so that it looks like I just colored the top.....and it's not an attractive look.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:05 AM

2,367 posts, read 1,524,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman91919 View Post
emmylou harris - Bing Images

Neither I nor Emmylou agree with you, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Ive had a short stacked bob for a few years now, but Im thinking about heading in her direction with style.

Rinsing with vinegar, or using a product like Suryah 'Silverfox' can tone down any oxidation problems. Anyone that dyes their hair still has to deal with oxidation.

The 'blue' and 'purple' shampoos and conditioners? Just...ew!!!

Old 03-22-2015, 08:13 AM

1,008 posts, read 1,039,223 times
I DISLIKE grey hair. Some people think it makes one look more wise and professional. I disagree with that theory. It just makes you look aged and past your glory years.

Also. Most healthy functioning people don't start getting grey hair until sometime in their 40's.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:38 AM

1,723 posts, read 1,174,890 times
Depends on who you ask.

Most people with grey hair will get defensive and say it's shallow, it's a natural aging process, better gray than bald, blah blah blah blah

All my friends my age hate it and can get a bit insecure at times. We all wish we had no gray hair.

Yes it's a turn off for younger people and those just who started to get it.

Be happy with your natural hair for as long as you have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or