U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 12:43 PM

4,616 posts, read 6,127,695 times

Advertisements

I think gray hair is aging (as it should be - it tends to occur more as we get older - even old dogs develop gray hair around the muzzle area).

I had a friend whose mom was 80yo. She kept her short hair dyed a shade of light brown. It really did take 10-15 years off her age. I asked her why she did it - she said she didn't want to look old!

I had another friend in her early 40's. She had a short, bushy haircut, and her hair was mostly gray. I met her when she looked like this. For fun, she did a temporary brown dye once and OMG it made her look soooo much younger!! She looked like her age rather than someone who was perhaps in their late 50's- early 60's.

She was the type who thought dying hair was too much work, so she let the color fade and I of course would never be rude enough to tell her how much better she looked with it dyed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 04:34 PM

14,659 posts, read 29,734,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenSparkles View Post
I think gray hair is aging (as it should be - it tends to occur more as we get older - even old dogs develop gray hair around the muzzle area).

I had a friend whose mom was 80yo. She kept her short hair dyed a shade of light brown. It really did take 10-15 years off her age. I asked her why she did it - she said she didn't want to look old!

I had another friend in her early 40's. She had a short, bushy haircut, and her hair was mostly gray. I met her when she looked like this. For fun, she did a temporary brown dye once and OMG it made her look soooo much younger!! She looked like her age rather than someone who was perhaps in their late 50's- early 60's.

She was the type who thought dying hair was too much work, so she let the color fade and I of course would never be rude enough to tell her how much better she looked with it dyed.
Exactly why I dye mine ^^^. As I posted before, if mine were a drop-dead gorgeous shade of silver or platinum, I would stop in a heartbeat, but mine is mousy and aging. I had let it mostly grow out, and saw a picture of myself. THAT DAY I went out and bought a box of color and haven't looked back. Seriously, it took off 10 -15 years.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:39 PM

781 posts, read 566,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliatenn View Post
No, grey hair is a sign of old age and disease. Not attractive at all.
So Steve Martin was old when he was in his twenties? And had some kind of disease apparently. So what disease was that he had when he was an old man in his twenties?

Old 03-25-2015, 12:58 AM

10,053 posts, read 7,017,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
If that's what I think it is then I don't blame you. That man (whoever he is) is a dream.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:03 AM

436 posts, read 492,136 times
If you are a man with a lot of money, then gray hair makes you look elegant and distinguished. On everyone else, gray hair just makes you look old. That's just the way it is. Lots of people of both genders are coloring over the gray and hiding it. Who wants to look old? Let Ms. Clairol be your BFF.

Old 03-25-2015, 10:42 AM

6,550 posts, read 4,693,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
If that's what I think it is then I don't blame you. That man (whoever he is) is a dream.
I think it is what you think it is lol.

But honestly I don't find him to be that hot(pretty decent though), I just wanted to use that GIF somewhere.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:42 PM

10,053 posts, read 7,017,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I think it is what you think it is lol.

But honestly I don't find him to be that hot(pretty decent though), I just wanted to use that GIF somewhere.
What exactly is that GIF though? It looks kinda ambiguous to me...? Lol...

I mean it looks like someone is "playing" with themselves and yet it also looks like someone is rubbing a hot water bottle on their stomach?....

Old 03-25-2015, 07:47 PM

722 posts, read 837,926 times
I never liked women with grey hair, it looks unattractive on a woman unless they are senior citizens then it's normal

but premature greying looks terrible on a woman, not as bad for a man, for men it's kind of like a sign of rank

for women it's a sign of past child bearing age, not young and sexy anymore

Old 03-25-2015, 07:58 PM

72,865 posts, read 64,312,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green papaya View Post
I never liked women with grey hair, it looks unattractive on a woman unless they are senior citizens then it's normal

but premature greying looks terrible on a woman, not as bad for a man, for men it's kind of like a sign of rank

for women it's a sign of past child bearing age, not young and sexy anymore
Fortunately, not everyone thinks life's be-all end-all is being sexy. There's so much more to life, and to people! Different strokes....

Old 03-26-2015, 09:01 PM

6,550 posts, read 4,693,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theropod View Post
What exactly is that GIF though? It looks kinda ambiguous to me...? Lol...

I mean it looks like someone is "playing" with themselves and yet it also looks like someone is rubbing a hot water bottle on their stomach?....
I think it basically means 'my body is ready'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or