U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 10:12 AM

9,018 posts, read 7,953,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor'Eastah View Post
The Only Way To Tell For Sure

I'm Norwegian (a guy) and have been blond all my life. Women who are naturally blonde 1) usually have thicker hair than women who are bottle blonde, and 2) a natural blonde has hair of almost all colors from dark brown (the under-layers, esp in back) to nearly white-blonde (in the front, and on top). If you see a lady whose hair is all ONE color, it's highly likely it isn't natural.

Like with all things, the hairdressers have caught onto this, and now offer "highlight-lowlight" color jobs that closely mimic the natural look. However, the resulting color job is usually stunning to look at, whereas natural color tends to be more 'blah'...not at all unattractive, just not super-Wow.

And any lady with naturally blonde hair will NOT have naturally brown/black eyebrows...they will be more a light brown. The eyelashes may be blonde (although this is actually more common with red hair) but most always they will be dark brown/black like everyone else's.
This sums it up perfectly.
I was married to a natural blonde- Swedish guy who was blonde on top, blonde everywhere else, too.
Even his eyelashes were blonde, lol

My daughters are a rarity-- 100% natural blondes, of course w/ blue eyes too

I was a platinum blonde naturally, up til I hit about 12. Then my hair went to red.
Lol I'm actually going in to a friend of mine who's going to hi lights & lo lights....
Can't wait
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 10:16 PM

Location: SF Bay Area, aka, Liberal Mecca/wherever DoD sends me to
714 posts, read 776,363 times
Speaking as a man who has a serious thing for blondes, I have ways to weed out natural blondes from fakes. First, I always see the roots. Most girls don't know to dye well and the roots are dark while everything else is blonde. I don't need to see close; I always see from afar. Second, I have noticed that (at least here in CA) that fake blondes tend to act like they own the world while natural ones are more quiet and they tend to have their heads down more. I have seen exceptions to the latter but this usually comes true.

Old 03-23-2015, 02:14 AM

40 posts, read 43,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
Surprised nobody has answered "An IQ test." yet....
Really? You're surprised? Maybe because it's 2015 and anybody with half a brain knows by now that hair color has nothing to do with someone's IQ

Old 03-23-2015, 02:54 AM

2,818 posts, read 5,157,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
The color of the person's eyelashes.
And eyebrows.

Old 03-23-2015, 03:22 AM

195 posts, read 143,985 times
same way you tell whether a blond secretary is confused. She's got a tampon behind her ear and she can't find her pencil anywhere!

Old 04-08-2015, 11:35 PM

10 posts, read 7,617 times
We can recognize both by the texture of their hair. Naturally blonde hair are much glossy than bleach blonde.

Old 04-09-2015, 09:50 AM

15,643 posts, read 8,764,064 times
Well, the first thing you should know is that natural blondes are very rare, as are natural redheads. Eyebrows are a good indicator, although not foolproof. Scandinavian blondes most often have blue, gray, or green eyes, so that's also a place to look. Dark brown eyes would be a pretty big tip-off that all is not as it seems.

Someone up thread mentioned the variation in strands. That's true. A head of natural hair is made up of many different colors. My daughter's hair is light strawberry blond from a distance. Up close, the individual strands vary from dark brown to white blond to vivid red. No two adjacent strands are exactly alike. Mine is the same, although with the addition of a little gray.

Finally, density is a clue. Natural blondes typically have fine hair of high density, meaning they have more strands per square inch than brunettes or redheads.

Last edited by randomparent; 04-09-2015 at 10:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty