U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2015, 01:42 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,533,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguydownsouth View Post
This isnt true. Im a natural blonde and my pubes are just as dark as everyone elses. Check their eyebrows, they should be lighter in color. Also their arm hairs are more likely to be blonde if its natural.
I'm a brunette with blonde arm hairs. I don't necessarily think there's always correlation.

Basically, there's no way to tell for sure unless you see obvious roots growing out. Brows, lashes, arm hair, pube hair ... none of it is a guaranteed indicator of natural (head) hair color.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2015, 01:42 PM

3,633 posts, read 4,250,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
IF she uses a light mascara. Most women I know use brown or black, even if they have lighter hair.

If you're going to invade her personal space enough to inspect her lashes, you might as well just ask.
Yes, you make a good point there!!

Old 03-18-2015, 02:04 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,519,757 times
Now, don't mistake me for one of those new Delhi perverts.

I'm just interested in knowing if natural blondes have a slightly different shade than those who dye their hair. I can distinguish between men who dye their hair black, and those who don't. There is a slight difference in the shade.

Also, I find it very rude to question a woman on makeup & fashion up front. I might get shot.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:19 PM

1,056 posts, read 870,033 times
If you're talking about adults and blonde hair, you can assume that at least 90% of the blondes you see are bottle blondes. The lighter it is and the more white or yellow, the more likely to be from a bottle. The older the person is, the less likely it is to be natural. Most of the time when kids have blonde hair, it will turn brown by the time they are a teenager.

My husband is a natural blonde and his hair now in his 40s is what I would describe as dirty blonde, something like a very light taupe; when he was a child his hair was actually white (he looked like one of those kids from Village of the Damned) and even in his late teens was still light yellow. Very dirty blonde is about as blonde as it's possible for an adult to be without hair treatment since blonde is one of those hair colors that darken with aging. If an adult over the age of 25 has white blonde or light yellow hair, 99.5% of the time you can assume it's fake. The prettier the shade of blonde, the more likely to be fake. If you look at a woman and think "wow, she has gorgeous blonde hair", 99.95% of the time it will be fake. I know a number of natural blondes and the women all lighten their hair to make it more blonde since without it their hair would be more light brown than blonde.

Natural blonde hair is rare and makes up approximately 2% of the world's population, mostly concentrated in Northern Europe and places where Northern Europeans immigrated to, like Canada, the US, and Australia.

Last edited by patches403; 03-18-2015 at 03:44 PM..

Old 03-18-2015, 03:29 PM

8,613 posts, read 7,807,585 times
Look for blue, hazel or green eyes.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:29 PM

6,939 posts, read 7,654,041 times
The Only Way To Tell For Sure

I'm Norwegian (a guy) and have been blond all my life. Women who are naturally blonde 1) usually have thicker hair than women who are bottle blonde, and 2) a natural blonde has hair of almost all colors from dark brown (the under-layers, esp in back) to nearly white-blonde (in the front, and on top). If you see a lady whose hair is all ONE color, it's highly likely it isn't natural.

Like with all things, the hairdressers have caught onto this, and now offer "highlight-lowlight" color jobs that closely mimic the natural look. However, the resulting color job is usually stunning to look at, whereas natural color tends to be more 'blah'...not at all unattractive, just not super-Wow.

And any lady with naturally blonde hair will NOT have naturally brown/black eyebrows...they will be more a light brown. The eyelashes may be blonde (although this is actually more common with red hair) but most always they will be dark brown/black like everyone else's.

Old 03-18-2015, 03:37 PM

8,613 posts, read 7,807,585 times
Whoa, hot hunk alert^^^

Old 03-18-2015, 03:55 PM

5,425 posts, read 3,278,164 times
Most of the time you can, but other times not the case. I feel those who have black/dark brown hair, it is easy to tell. People with light brown hair or dark blond, can look quite good.

Kim Kardashian for example is obviously a bottle blonde, even if she were not famous, one can tell.

It depends. The eyebrows are a clue, but some blondes have much darker eyebrows than their head hair.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:07 PM

241 posts, read 265,892 times
Natural blonde hair is pretty rare, only in Northern Europe(Scandavia, Germany, Netherlands, Belgium etc) and to lesser extent the British isles/Eastern Europe do you find a high percentage of adults with natural blonde hair. One thing I noticed while visiting Minnesota, Wiscousin and Utah was how many blondes I saw, all three states have a high percentage of people with Scandinavian ancestry, which is probably why I saw so many blondes.

Keep in mind, blonde comes in different shades. Most people have more dirty or golden blonde hair. Ones with natural platinum blonde hair are rare and probably only found in some scandivian countries or in children. My sister for example had very white blonde hair when she was young, as she got older, her root became brown and she developed serval streaks of brown hair. She has never dyed her hair as far as I am concerned and has light brown eyebrows.

Usually it's easy for me to tell if someone is a natural blonde or not because something will look off. Whether it's the eyebrows don't match or the root is much darker then the rest of their hair.

Old 03-18-2015, 04:45 PM

9,340 posts, read 8,732,469 times
I suppose if you're around the gal long enough, you'll see the darker roots.

As far as eye color, mine are brown and am a natural blonde (has darkened some as I aged).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty