Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 02:42 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Seen enough women ? I'm very shy, conservative, and reserved. I don't have the guts to get that close to a woman.
Adi, if you can barely talk/approach a woman,(being shy) I wouldn't advise to ask her if
if her carpet color is consistent ... or if she's a true blonde
( I know you were responding to another post)

this is one of the modern and great mysteries of life, for a guy, if you are lucky enough to make it to a woman's promise land, you're just not sure what you are going to see,
the carpet color is the least of your concern/thoughts at that moment, if their is any...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 03:30 AM

732 posts, read 968,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
If you have seen enough natural blondes (and there aren't many natural blondes), it's easy to tell the difference. A natural blonde will have natural color variances/streaks of different colors, whereas a bleached blonde is more one color. Plus a natural blonde's hair is in better condition. You can tell a bleached blonde's hair because it's often overprocessed/coarse/stiff/dull looking. Plus, even if she bleaches it regularly, you will start to see dark roots in between bleachings.

Sometimes you can tell by the eyebrows, but not always.
Yep. Plus natural blondes tend to have blue eyes, sometimes green. Dark hair near the roots is what often also makes unnatural blonde hair obvious. Skin tone along with the shade of any freckles or moles also are clues of whether a person is a bleached blonde.

I'm not judging bleached blondes, btw. I have the opinion that some bleached blondes look better with their bleached hair than their natural color while some look better with their natural color or another color. Obviously, it depends on the individual and opinions.

Old 03-19-2015, 04:42 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nema98 View Post
Kim Kardashian for example is obviously a bottle blonde, even if she were not famous, one can tell.
One could tell she's not naturally blonde anyway even without looking at her hair, because her features are too dark and non-nordic for her to be naturally blonde; she looks a hot mess with that platinum blonde hair.

Old 03-19-2015, 05:04 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
Adi, if you can barely talk/approach a woman,(being shy) I wouldn't advise to ask her if
if her carpet color is consistent ... or if she's a true blonde
( I know you were responding to another post)

this is one of the modern and great mysteries of life, for a guy, if you are lucky enough to make it to a woman's promise land, you're just not sure what you are going to see,
the carpet color is the least of your concern/thoughts at that moment, if their is any...
Well, the women I've been around don't dye their hair blonde. My mom, aunts, and cousin sisters use mehendi, to darken their hair and make it appear jet black.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 03-19-2015 at 06:24 AM..

Old 03-19-2015, 05:51 AM

6,769 posts, read 5,488,755 times
I'm a Norwegian male , too, {as in "Eric the red"-redheaded} and Irish {as in "Red hair, and me temper to match"} and the "drapes" were bright curly red hair til the teen hormones kicked in, then it went to a marroon, then darker to a funky deep marroon, then I changed to light sandy brown with a natrual *large* blonde streak down the back {it almost looks like I have no hair that all it is that light blonde}. I call it my "skunk stripe" and claim "a blonde moment" now and then, legally entiltled!
BUt the "carpet" below was ALWAYS blonde/red mix. ANd my beard, until it turned gray, was always red/bright dark red too. My eyebrows were red until they changed too. Arm hair is almost non-existant but light sandy brown too.

MOH is a natural blonde, where ever there is hair, who dyes the carpet below and such as MOH looks like pre-teen without coloring it [it is so blonde it doens't show like my blonde streak}, so colors it to "look like a normal adult" {at 56} in a sandy brown too. MOH wants me to dye my beard now that it is mostly gray, and not blotchy red/gray. Just for MEn doesn't make a red beard color, so I will have to pick sandy brown I guess? which WON'T look "natural to me"!

Point being: does it really matter? ANd you cannot tell anything about anything looking anywhere else! LOOK at roots on the blonde, if the roots don't match the blonde at ANY time, it isn't natural. Also, while they HAVE gotten better at it, the blonde who colors thier hair it is usally "dryer than regualr hair" as the bleaching process or coloring process tends to dry it out for whatever reason. They may keep up with the roots for awhile, but someday they falter, and the roots will be showing the real natural color.

Old 03-19-2015, 06:34 AM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Well I didn't mean you have to be up close and personal to tell. You can tell just in everyday encounters. I'm a woman so I definitely don't get weirdly close to women, but I still can tell when someone's hair is natural and when it is bleached.
There is a world of difference between a "bleached blonde" and one that has a nice color job. The more realistic-looking colors, when done properly, are pretty hard to identify.

I started coloring my hair a few years bag when the gray showed up. But the summers at the beach keep lots of different tones in my hair - there is never just one single color in my hair. And I have blue eyes.

Old 03-19-2015, 06:53 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,273,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
That was just the first link on Google that looked like a decent source. All the other results were from wikipedia, Answers.com, Yahoo Answers, funfactz.com, chicksandfacts.com, and other oddly named websites and blogs.
Apparently he's a psychology professor at Shippensburg University. So ... um ... yeah ... not really his area of expertise.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:10 AM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
There is a world of difference between a "bleached blonde" and one that has a nice color job. The more realistic-looking colors, when done properly, are pretty hard to identify.

I started coloring my hair a few years bag when the gray showed up. But the summers at the beach keep lots of different tones in my hair - there is never just one single color in my hair. And I have blue eyes.
I still can tell. There just aren't that many natural blondes. Even if you have if colored "properly," you are still going to have roots. And I can just tell anyway because I know what true blonde hair looks like. My son had white-blond hair when he was a baby and toddler, and has always been blond. He is 25 and is still blond. His eyebrows are blond. His arm and leg hair is blond. I have no idea if the carpet matches the drapes - he's my son and I don't wanna know!

I guess I'd be considered a natural blonde too, although my hair has red tones in it, so strawberry blonde. An hour outside on a sunny, windy day and my hair is white-blonde/streaked, but it keeps highlights all year anyway. When I used to get my hair cut they would say "Are you sure you want to cut all this off?" and I would say "Yep, there's more where that came from!" I have never in my life colored it, but I am told all the time "People pay a lot of money to get hair that looks like that." I have brown eyes. I don't think eyes have much to do with hair color. That is a separate gene from hair color. My son's eyes are pale blue, though.

Old 03-19-2015, 07:48 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,208,559 times
Quote:
I still can tell. There just aren't that many natural blondes. Even if you have if colored "properly," you are still going to have roots. And I can just tell anyway because I know what true blonde hair looks like. My son had white-blond hair when he was a baby and toddler, and has always been blond. He is 25 and is still blond. His eyebrows are blond. His arm and leg hair is blond. I have no idea if the carpet matches the drapes - he's my son and I don't wanna know!

I guess I'd be considered a natural blonde too, although my hair has red tones in it, so strawberry blonde. An hour outside on a sunny, windy day and my hair is white-blonde/streaked, but it keeps highlights all year anyway. When I used to get my hair cut they would say "Are you sure you want to cut all this off?" and I would say "Yep, there's more where that came from!" I have never in my life colored it, but I am told all the time "People pay a lot of money to get hair that looks like that." I have brown eyes. I don't think eyes have much to do with hair color. That is a separate gene from hair color. My son's eyes are pale blue, though.
So is it true a larger percentage of people dye their hair blonde as opposed to being natural blondes. Also, why is there a drive to dye ones hair blonde ?

My hair is naturally dark, BTW. I'm sure you have seen it in my earlier pics.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:10 AM

2,144 posts, read 1,879,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tia 914 View Post
If a brunette or redhead "becomes" blonde, she'll still have dark eyelashes.

I'm a redhead and my eyelashes are so pale you can hardly see them.

Like a lot of people say here, I don't really think there's a good way to tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty