U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 08:24 AM

25,907 posts, read 34,966,446 times

Advertisements

Very few adult women are blonde, and those who are have Northern European complexions and features. Bad dye jobs make the hair yellow or orange (Katherine Heigl, Emma Stone). Good dye jobs still have lots of little streaks of color that you can see close up. If she's tan or has dark eyes, she's probably not a natural blonde, although the beachy types can have some sun bleaching going on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 11:12 AM

643 posts, read 445,725 times
My wife was natural yellow blonde until about age 60 when it started to darken. Her sister is a tow-head? is that the right word - natural platinum blonde. Their mother was blonde, Croatian. Their father had black hair. My wife has to paint on eyebrows or you could not see them. Body hair is there but not visible, except a slightly reddish carpet. Now I hope she does not read this.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:09 PM

1,046 posts, read 711,743 times
All women can tell when someone is coloring; the fact that men can't is amusing. I never could understand why so many of the Latino women in San Antonio tried to dye blond. It never turns out good- orangey shade. I would kill to have their gorgeous, shiny black locks, myself.
I will say that when I stopped putting blond in my brunette hair, it is so much more healthy and shiny. No more blond for me.

Old 03-19-2015, 12:21 PM

12,607 posts, read 14,605,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
So is it true a larger percentage of people dye their hair blonde as opposed to being natural blondes. Also, why is there a drive to dye ones hair blonde ?

My hair is naturally dark, BTW. I'm sure you have seen it in my earlier pics.
Yes, I do think that most "blondes" are not natural blondes. I think there is still the stereotype that "blondes have more fun" and "gentlemen prefer blondes." I don't think that is true at all, though. There are beautiful women of all hair colors. It doesn't have to be blonde!

I haven't seen your earlier pics!

Old 03-19-2015, 12:31 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,519,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Yes, I do think that most "blondes" are not natural blondes. I think there is still the stereotype that "blondes have more fun" and "gentlemen prefer blondes." I don't think that is true at all, though. There are beautiful women of all hair colors. It doesn't have to be blonde!

I haven't seen your earlier pics!
I would have to agree with you on that. I do not put hair color as a priority when it comes to female beauty. All on the attitude and build .

Well, you missed the chance then. I'll not be posting them ever again due to fear of harrasment.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:07 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,401,318 times
Default Hair color

Just curious if anyone can tell if this blonde hair is natural or not. I know the answer and will tell, but would like to see some guesses first.

Last edited by vrexy; 03-20-2015 at 07:24 AM..

Old 03-19-2015, 01:32 PM

40 posts, read 43,305 times
It really is hard to tell. One main way is if you see dark roots growing in. However, that doesn't mean they are not a natural blonde either necessarily. Hair gets darker over the years. I have been blonde my whole life but dye my hair my original blonde color because it has darkened. I still am a natural blonde but just dye it to be the same blonde I used to be. My mother does the same thing. Granted I have messed with the color over the years going to red and brown, so that may have affected things, but I have gone back to the blonde, I just need to dye it to match what it used to be.
When I see a woman with really blonde hair I wonder if it's dyed because it's so light, then if she has kids and they have really blonde hair like her, I think it may be real. But again she may be natural but just dyes it because it has become darker. And if a mother has blonde hair but the father has dark hair that obviously would make the kids not so blonde but the mother may still be blonde herself.
So really there is no definite way of telling lol.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:35 PM

40 posts, read 43,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Just curious if anyone can tell if this blonde hair is natural or not. I know the answer and will tell, but would like to see some guesses first.
I don't know if it's just the quality of the picture but the hair does not look blonde in it. It looks like a light grayish white.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:53 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,533,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
I don't see any blonde in that picture.

Old 03-19-2015, 01:55 PM

2,850 posts, read 765,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
So, how do you find out if someone is naturally blonde or dyeing their hair blonde. Any signs to lookout for ?
Ask to verify that the carpet matches the curtains... if nothing else, you'll spark a laugh (and perhaps a slap but if you're into that.... )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty