U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 08:02 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,533,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
Are you thinking it should be higher? If you think about where the majority of the world's population lives, its not in regions where people are known for their natural blond hair. 75% of the world lives in either Asia or Africa. Blonds are most common in Europe and North America, which is less then 20% of the population, but even then not many adults are naturally blond.
I know it's not going to be drastically higher because of the reasons you state. I just think 2% is too low.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2015, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Yes, but I didn't notice anyone with platinum blonde hair in your first picture. Maybe it was the lighting in the picture. If its the woman on the right you are referring to, her hair looks white with some shades of light and dark grey. The other woman's hair looks redish brown.
I concur. The woman on the right has white/grey/silver hair. I don't see blonde.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:08 PM

1,759 posts, read 2,401,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I concur. The woman on the right has white/grey/silver hair. I don't see blonde.
The main reason I posted it was not about if you want to call it blonde or white or whatever. I wanted to know if you think it was dyed or natural. Isn't that what this thread is about? Maybe I misunderstood.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:09 PM

11,019 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
For some crazy genetic reason my daughter was born with a full head of dark brown hair...until they placed the cap on her little head and I focused on her face I didn't think she was mine...lol....everyone said it would fall out and blonde would replace it...but what happened was at about 4 months it started to come in blonde at her roots...so she was left with a reverse look of a bad dye job...and I never cut my kids hair until they are a year...so my poor baby had some serious blonde roots!!!
Some people pay good money for their hair to look like that.

reverse ombre - Bing Images

Old 03-19-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
The main reason I posted it was not about if you want to call it blonde or white or whatever. I wanted to know if you think it was dyed or natural. Isn't that what this thread is about? Maybe I misunderstood.
Why getting defensive?

My guess is that it's natural white/grey.

Old 03-19-2015, 09:19 PM

4,626 posts, read 7,194,982 times
My best friend from childhood had very pale blonde hair. Once into our teens it started to darken to a more straw blonde color.

Once she had her children........it became more......ashy/taupey. But still fairly light.

Now we're seniors.........it's lightened up again to a very pale ashy blonde.

Never once has she bleached or colored or highlighted her hair in any way.

Her eyebrows were always medium brown and her lashes black.

Her eyes are a vibrant cornflower blue.........still............

Old 03-19-2015, 09:53 PM

11,019 posts, read 6,565,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
Its about how to tell if someone colors their hair blonde.

As far as your picture.... I would say its naturally grey?

Old 03-19-2015, 09:58 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,978,113 times
Quote:
{Quoting Galaxyhi}:
I read MOH is some abbreviation for mom at first, and was thinking you and your mom must be really close if she discusses dying her "carpet" with you. Took a minute to figure out that you were probably saying My Other Half...

Is the difference between a "normal adult" and a preteen really the color of their hair? I would think your wife's body is that of a woman's no matter the hair situation.
First, MOH Is IS indeed for "My Other Half". I never heard of "mom at first"...No, NO mom...MOH is MY Other Half. BH is "better Half", but I don't like to imply one of us is better than the other, though in my case BH would be more correct to MOH I am sure! I myself would rather be called "MOH" than "DH" {"dear Husband"}. Yuck!

Second, MOH DOESN'T want to look "bald where the carpet grows", like a pre-pubescent would {with no hair} and MOH's blonde hair is SO fine, SO blonde it looks as if none is there, and MOH doesn't want to look like that. Thats all. Call it vanity if you want! SO it gets dyed darker so it shows. Don't ask me! SOme will shave to get that look, MOH doesn't like it!

And at 56 now, MOH wants to dye hair all the time as the "anti-gray thing" is taking hold!! ON BOTH of us!
MOH would LOVE me to dye my beard, but anything other than what WAS it's natural red would not look 'Right" to me! AND Just For Men doesn't make RED coloring. {wish they would}. I am not yet convinced I'll "look better" if I color my beard...maybe a few years younger, but "better" is relative. A light brown/blonde beard MAY be OK, but I earned the gray!!!
Maybe in a few years when I FEEL older, I will try coloring it....

Old 03-20-2015, 06:59 AM

4,827 posts, read 6,928,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
So, how do you find out if someone is naturally blonde or dyeing their hair blonde. Any signs to lookout for ?

Eyebrows, roots, skin tone. You know someone with an olive skin tone or even a medium skin tone is NOT a natural blonde.

Old 03-20-2015, 07:25 AM

6,449 posts, read 6,457,302 times
Couldn't imagine getting my pubes dyed...Sex in the City had Kim Catrell character try and dye hers blonde with funny results of a bright orange color...I love grey in a man's beard and hair...hate when older men put a red dye in their hair...Regis Philbin started doing that before he retired...just saw a picture of him a few months ago and he has let go back to a natural snow white gray shade it make him look so distinguished (I think)...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty