U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 06:12 AM

8,606 posts, read 6,127,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Naw,instead he wants the money to buy airplanes and megachurches.
Any "pastor" to me has zero credibility.

I can't think of a profession that is worse. Again, my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 06:46 AM

33,187 posts, read 39,195,364 times
I'll presume this chump poseur pastor in the video as a head honcho of a church pays no taxes yet criticizes the first lady for spending money to look good.In his opinion should our first lady dress like a pauper?

Old 03-22-2015, 07:01 AM

8,606 posts, read 6,127,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
I'll presume this chump poseur pastor in the video as a head honcho of a church pays no taxes yet criticizes the first lady for spending money to look good.In his opinion should our first lady dress like a pauper?
Just consider the source...

Old 03-22-2015, 07:24 AM

2,828 posts, read 3,450,549 times
This is a politically inspired thread subtly disguised as a fashion thread. It should really be over in the politics section, dont you think?

I read the link from Townhall dot com..... 'nuff said...

Quote:
Townhall.com is a web-based publication and a print magazine with a conservative viewpoint, primarily dedicated to conservative United States politics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Townhall.com

Old 03-22-2015, 11:00 AM

33,187 posts, read 39,195,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nezlie View Post
This is a politically inspired thread subtly disguised as a fashion thread. It should really be over in the politics section, dont you think?

Ooops.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:07 AM

248 posts, read 252,552 times
Wow, does he get PAID to blather on like that???

Old 03-22-2015, 11:25 AM

2,367 posts, read 1,527,788 times
Looking at the black out fit and the veil, I would say I have no idea why she dressed that way - was a funeral on the schedule??

Both she and the president are dressed in black. Black indicates you are hiding something and death. Sure, its formal.

Since first lady's have no official governmental role, they are expected to project an image. I havent noticed Michelle doing a bad job at fostering women staying home with their children, or presenting herself appropriately.

I can also agree with Pastor Manning in this case. Although I dont think its the type of thing that deserves National coverage, it would be interesting to know why she was dressed in the black veil and dress. *shrugs*

Pastor Manning, although I dont either know or agree with his every opinion, is no Creflo Dollar. His congregation is in Harlem. It seems he is not exactly 'pro' the Obama Administration.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:32 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,550,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Looking at the black out fit and the veil, I would say I have no idea why she dressed that way - was a funeral on the schedule??

Both she and the president are dressed in black. Black indicates you are hiding something and death. Sure, its formal.
Actually, she was apparently perfectly on point.

Quote:
To avoid any gaffes, dignitaries preparing for a papal audience usually contact their embassy to the Vatican for some pointers.

The U.S. Embassy to the Holy See has a Vatican protocol primer that walks people through what is considered the proper dress code.

For men: black or dark suit, aka business attire, with a dark tie.

For women: black skirt or dress that reaches at least the knees, black top with mid- to long-sleeves, no pants, simple jewelry, dark closed-toe shoes, and a black hat or veil is optional.
CNS STORY: Vatican dress code: Do's and don'ts for presidential, pilgrim attire

Old 03-22-2015, 12:22 PM

1,942 posts, read 3,793,063 times
I'm no fan of the Obama's. I did not vote for Obama in either election. But I'm tired of social conservatives like "Pastor Manning" criticizing them for petty things. I don't care how the Obamas dress. Good grief. I guess the pastor enjoys the permanent war that the Obamas are waging in the tradition of "their nemesis," predecessor GWB. He should be arguing against the initiation of force and imperialism.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:37 PM

17,641 posts, read 21,829,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
He clearly hasn't been paying attention to Michelle Obama's wardrobe. She re-wears clothing all the time. And also wears stuff for mall stores.

And let's be real, all the first ladies wore expemsive clothes too, Michelle Obama is not a special case.

Well balanced response. She is the first Lady, and her wardrobe is important. She wears designer clothes, as did other fashionable first ladies, yet I see her in jeans, and J.Crew more than any first lady that I remember.

Nancy Reagan spent a great amount of money on her clothes. I never begrudged her for her trademark red dresses.

Michelle Obama clearly likes fashion but she mixes it up - lot's of off the rack clothes in there too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or