U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 12:06 PM

377 posts, read 491,829 times

Advertisements

Oh and I also wanted to add that lately I've been suffering boob envy on the SMALL gals. Watching Game of Thrones and True Blood I have seen all types of tiny, perfect breasts and I have been envious of them! If only I would've known that tiny would be "back in". Maybe I could've held off on the implants and been happy with my itty bitties? Oh, well I guess we always want what we can't or don't have? lol...

Old 03-30-2015, 04:13 PM

2,368 posts, read 2,021,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Do what makes you happy and don't let other people's judgments affect your personal decisions.
Remember. They are not permanent. One day they will have to be replaced. Some times several times. Some can rupture, or can be put in wrong and make you look disfigured. As you get older, some women have them taken out. That alone can be a problem, as in loose skin and aging. As I commented on another post about not so much makeup. Leave the boobs alone. You look good as you are. And for heaven sakes, DONT GET YOUR LIPS ALL BLOWN UP. That just looks stupid. Never figured out why women do that to themselves.

Old 03-30-2015, 06:04 PM

824 posts, read 1,285,919 times
If they make you feel more confident, go for it. And implants can look natural if you choose the tear drop ones and don't go too big. It's also something I'm considering in the near future

Old 04-02-2015, 12:55 PM

112 posts, read 250,191 times
I don't think it's shallow at all. It's just another type of "enhancement" that women can do if they feel the need. After breastfeeding 2 kids, my lovely perky small B-cups turned into super flat A-cups. I had mine done last year. I actually had them done and then 3 months later downsized them. My surgeon went larger than we'd discussed that first go 'round. I think he may have thought he was doing me a favor. I was a 32DDD (Victoria's Secret sizing). I'm tall with a slim athletic build, and they made me look top heavy and matronly in some clothes. I now wear 32D or DD depending on the bra, but there is a noticeable difference in how they look in clothes. I am sooo happy with my decision to have them done. Oh, and I chose saline both times. I know two people who had their silicone cohesive gels rupture. I personally would rather not have the possibility of that happening without my knowing in the back of my mind constantly, nor do I want to have to get MRI's or ultrasounds done on a semi-regular basis for peace of mind. My saline feel very soft and I started from nothing. Again, I reiterate, it was money well spent and I'd do it all over in a heartbeat.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:06 PM

436 posts, read 491,248 times
If its what you want and you can afford it, do it. Research the surgeon well though. Go for a realistic look. Not too big, but big enough. You're going to love the new you.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:54 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,416,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautyxoxo View Post
I am seriously considering breast augmentation. My interest in the procedure has absolutely nothing to do with attracting attention from others; I'm interested for my own sake. I am petite and I've always wanted large breasts (but not too large, more or less a full C-cup).

I find myself thinking about breast augmentation a lot. I believe it would make me happier and more confident, but oddly, I feel bad about even considering this, given the fact that my family frowns upon breast augmentation and other types of plastic surgery. I can't help but to think about all of the starving children in the world, or the people without proper sanitation, housing, etc., but at the end of the day, I know what I want and I have the resources to afford the surgery.

I'm just feeling a bit down, because I know that my family doesn't approve. Even though I'm completely independent and reside in a different state, I still care about their opinion. I don't want to feel ashamed or embarrassed. I have such respect for women who do whatever makes them happy. I wish that I could follow a similar path.

I'm just wondering if others think it's shallow to undergo breast augmentation?
I'm a natural 34A cup and I'm very comfortable with what I have and how I look. At the end of the day, it's your money and your body. With that said, short of a medical cure/cosmetic surgery for cancer, I think breast implants are stupid. There, I said it.

Why a C cup? what's wrong with A or B cups?

Old 04-03-2015, 02:30 PM

1,242 posts, read 1,170,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Avocado View Post
Oh and I also wanted to add that lately I've been suffering boob envy on the SMALL gals. Watching Game of Thrones and True Blood I have seen all types of tiny, perfect breasts and I have been envious of them! If only I would've known that tiny would be "back in". Maybe I could've held off on the implants and been happy with my itty bitties? Oh, well I guess we always want what we can't or don't have? lol...
Me too! I see smaller breasts and I think of how lucky those ladies are. Less sag, they can fit into so many bathing suit tops without falling out. I guess we want what we don't have

Old 04-03-2015, 04:59 PM

151 posts, read 102,932 times
I think if you went through breast cancer & had to have a mastectomy, then YES, implants are a great thing...

But just for vanity purposes, no, it's stupid. Love your smaller boobs! At least bras are easier to find & fit still. Some women go crazy on the size of their implants that they can't even find a bra that fits right & have to have them custom ordered...What a hassle!

Old 04-03-2015, 05:01 PM

151 posts, read 102,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD_fla View Post
If its what you want and you can afford it, do it. Research the surgeon well though. Go for a realistic look. Not too big, but big enough. You're going to love the new you.
True, but every woman I had ever known that had them done, ALWAYS went bigger, then bigger, & stupid deformed freak show big....It becomes an addiction for most, I hate to say it.

Old 04-09-2015, 06:49 AM

2 posts, read 1,654 times
All that I can say is just move on. There is nothing wrong in doing something which will make you happy. Plastic surgery has become very common, you can definitely utilize it if you think it will improve your confidence. You might have heard about surgeries that went wrong, but I believe it will never go wrong if the surgeon you select is the right one. Do a lot of research and choose one. Dr. Ronald Levine in Toronto is one of the good plastic surgeons who I know. My friend has had a surgery done by him, but not breast augmentation, it was liposuction. Anyway, I hope you would do good. If you decide to undergo one, make sure that you follow all the pre-op instructions properly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty