U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 06:27 PM

3,404 posts, read 7,252,467 times

Advertisements

Ladies stop getting boob jobs...soon we are all going to look the same! Just go on hormonal birth control and they will grow.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:35 AM

14,311 posts, read 12,569,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pear Martini View Post
Ladies stop getting boob jobs...soon we are all going to look the same! Just go on hormonal birth control and they will grow.
That is not true.

Old 04-12-2015, 10:50 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,278,490 times
Yes, my opinion is that it is shallow to undergo breast augmentation? Be happy with the body that you were given. None of us have perfect bodies. Focus on building your self esteem with the way your body looks. I would love to have a bigger butt, but would I be a different or a better person with a bigger butt? I don't think so.

Old 04-19-2015, 02:26 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,208,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
I would love to have a bigger butt, but would I be a different or a better person with a bigger butt? I don't think so.
you would have more dates,which translates into meeting a potential rich husband .

Old 04-19-2015, 04:14 AM

750 posts, read 456,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondiel View Post
Yes, my opinion is that it is shallow to undergo breast augmentation? Be happy with the body that you were given. None of us have perfect bodies. Focus on building your self esteem with the way your body looks. I would love to have a bigger butt, but would I be a different or a better person with a bigger butt? I don't think so.
i can not fault a person for wanting to look better.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:58 AM

192 posts, read 164,151 times
No one comes out of the womb hating the way they look. Insecurity over physical appearance is a learned feeling. So I don't believe people when they say they get plastic surgery "for themselves" and not for others' sake.

Old 11-13-2015, 03:05 PM

621 posts, read 501,050 times
Perhaps a better question would be.... Do women with larger breasts get treated differently or have unfair advantages over women with smaller bra sizes. Specifically in terms of career advancement and especially in sales positions.

If the answer is a resounding yes, then it's much harder to simply write off breast augmentation as a superficial surgery. Just saying.

Last edited by Good Red Road; 11-13-2015 at 03:53 PM..

Old 11-16-2015, 12:11 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,356,692 times
Default Why do you care what other people think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautyxoxo View Post
I am seriously considering breast augmentation. My interest in the procedure has absolutely nothing to do with attracting attention from others; I'm interested for my own sake. I am petite and I've always wanted large breasts (but not too large, more or less a full C-cup).

I find myself thinking about breast augmentation a lot. I believe it would make me happier and more confident, but oddly, I feel bad about even considering this, given the fact that my family frowns upon breast augmentation and other types of plastic surgery. I can't help but to think about all of the starving children in the world, or the people without proper sanitation, housing, etc., but at the end of the day, I know what I want and I have the resources to afford the surgery.

I'm just feeling a bit down, because I know that my family doesn't approve. Even though I'm completely independent and reside in a different state, I still care about their opinion. I don't want to feel ashamed or embarrassed. I have such respect for women who do whatever makes them happy. I wish that I could follow a similar path.

I'm just wondering if others think it's shallow to undergo breast augmentation?
If you want it do it, just be aware of the possible complications. If you are struggling with the decision maybe you should not do it. I know you say it is for yourself, but just remember that someone who just likes you for physical reasons if going end up being pretty useless in the end. Why don't you just buy a gel/padded bra at the size you want and where it for a while to see if really going to make you happy. Surgery can go wrong. You should not go there unless you really want it that bad. As someone who is naturally large in that area .. there are pros and cons of both situations. If you are petite then you got to remember that being heavy chested can really hurt your back. If you gain weight or have kids ... your C may not stay a C. Some people that are smaller chested do not actually get that having more in that area does have its disadvantages. There was this really funny article that I read about that and I 100% agree with all of it. It was like she was reading my mind lol. You should totally read this before deciding. If it does not help at least it is funny :P!

25 Annoying Things Girls With Big Boobs Understand

Old 11-16-2015, 12:24 PM

6,754 posts, read 3,356,692 times
Default Yes and no in good and bad ways ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Red Road View Post
Perhaps a better question would be.... Do women with larger breasts get treated differently or have unfair advantages over women with smaller bra sizes. Specifically in terms of career advancement and especially in sales positions.

If the answer is a resounding yes, then it's much harder to simply write off breast augmentation as a superficial surgery. Just saying.
Ok as someone who is naturally large chested I got to say it is more of a pain then a benefit. If a man is being nice to you just because you are large chested he is usually sleazy and if you do not want attention from people like this being bigger is not better. People often assume you are trying to look more sexy then you intended. I totally find people do sexualize you in a uncomfortable sort of way and it does attract some times unwanted attention. As a teenager I have a really hard time with being large chested as teenage boys glearing at your chest constantly can really make you feel uncomfortable. Gym and doing physical activites was always ackward because there would always be someone looking at your chest a bit too hard. It is also really disrespectful to have men staring down at your chest instead of looking you in the eyes when you are talking to them. Not all men at like this, but it can be a really pain in the butt. Also girls can be pretty mean and assume you either had implants or stuff your bra for attention seeking purposes. So the other side of the spectrum can also be a pain.

Last edited by klmrocks; 11-16-2015 at 12:34 PM..

Old 11-24-2015, 01:14 PM

39,358 posts, read 14,432,300 times
This thread is now closed. It's an old thread which was recently resurrected by a spammer. The spam post has been deleted. The OP has not returned since March, so it's highly unlikely she will see any recently-posted advice.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Automotive, Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty