U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 08:56 PM

8,507 posts, read 11,383,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
It does not take big boobs to understand anything and not everyone posting here has "significant ones".
Perhaps we have real life experience with those who have had breast enlargement and reduction and we know from that real life experience that the person behind those new bigger breast is the same person who was behind those smaller breast before surgery.

If it takes someone to have surgery, implant artificial products into their bodies, go through all the pain and recovery time to "make themselves feel better". There is much more going on than small breasts.
What you've been saying is just 1 possibility. You've heard your stories and there are stories of people feeling the opposite after having things done. It doesn't make your opinion or story any more likely for the OP.

My opinion, if the OP did her homework and has the desire & means, she will never know until she tries. We have one life to live and not ever knowing and always wondering is not a good position to be in either.

I think the picture posted makes her look great. Hopefully the doctor does good reputable work.

Old 03-21-2015, 08:59 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
What you've been saying is just 1 possibility. You've heard your stories and there are stories of people feeling the opposite after having things done. It doesn't make your opinion or story any more likely for the OP.

My opinion, if the OP did her homework and has the desire & means, she will never know until she tries. We have one life to live and not ever knowing and always wondering is not a good position to be in either.

It doesn't make any less likely either though does it?

Old 03-21-2015, 09:01 PM

8,507 posts, read 11,383,829 times
Quote:
It doesn't make any less likely either though does it?
Well that's obvious, so I don't know why you keep harping on it even after you've already said it. You go on to say there are likely deeper issues. Sometimes, people just want what they want and that simply makes them happy.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:07 PM

42,203 posts, read 49,753,916 times
you say you want them for yourself and not for other people, but the reasons you give are about other people. Maybe you should reexamine why you want them.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:38 PM

1,328 posts, read 701,116 times
OP, do what makes YOU happy!

I am petite. 5'2" and a 34D naturally. I am proportionate. I run, lift heavy weights, etc., so I am pretty firm and fit. I spend a lot of time at the beach and honestly...i think I would have it done if I would have needed to.

I have had several friends who have had it done. One asked me to go to her consult because she wanted her surgeon to see what she wanted. She wanted hers to look like mine lol.

Old 03-21-2015, 11:04 PM

24,511 posts, read 34,122,907 times
Quote:
Polar opposites when it comes to the body modification spectrum, do a search on google to find the actual difference if you seriously don't know.
Fair enough. I should have been more clear. Breast augmentation for aesthetics is just as shallow as ear piercing for aesthetics. If there's a medical reason for breast augmentation, surely it's not shallow.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:28 AM

11,790 posts, read 12,635,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I went from a 32B in my 20s, to a 32C after pregnancy, to a 32D after nursing, to a 32DD after menopause. I am still the same 5'1", 100 lbs. as I was in my 20s.

Do you have any idea how difficult, and EXPENSIVE, is to buy 32DD bras, let alone dresses that don't fit because of your boobs?
why does that matter when the OP says that she wants C cups?

I can type 32dd bras into google and see dozens of them and they are no more expensive then smaller sizes.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:43 AM

9,121 posts, read 11,666,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautyxoxo View Post
I am seriously considering breast augmentation. My interest in the procedure has absolutely nothing to do with attracting attention from others; I'm interested for my own sake. I am petite and I've always wanted large breasts (but not too large, more or less a full C-cup).

I find myself thinking about breast augmentation a lot. I believe it would make me happier and more confident, but oddly, I feel bad about even considering this, given the fact that my family frowns upon breast augmentation and other types of plastic surgery. I can't help but to think about all of the starving children in the world, or the people without proper sanitation, housing, etc., but at the end of the day, I know what I want and I have the resources to afford the surgery.

I'm just feeling a bit down, because I know that my family doesn't approve. Even though I'm completely independent and reside in a different state, I still care about their opinion. I don't want to feel ashamed or embarrassed. I have such respect for women who do whatever makes them happy. I wish that I could follow a similar path.

I'm just wondering if others think it's shallow to undergo breast augmentation?
Do it and do not tell anyone about it because it none of theirs business breast augmentation is a personal
decision that only you can make.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:30 AM

29,580 posts, read 31,907,081 times
I don't know. It's surgery and there are lot's of those that don't turn out well. They require maintenance most of the time too so plan on additional surgeries down the road when you may not be up for it.

Unless there is something abnormal about them I wouldn't cut into a healthy body and put something fake in there. Believe me, I UNDERSTAND being fixated on a certain thing about yourself and seeing surgery as a way to make everything great. I did something myself but later on in life I had to start fixating on the problems it caused. I can only really deal with it by not looking at myself too closely, avoiding mirrors, etc. I mean I groom myself, I look at myself enough to know I'm presentable and whatnot. But I no longer preen or stare or look for the bad or the good. That kind of obsession with self is not healthy.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:33 AM

14,505 posts, read 11,481,746 times
I had two friends who wanted it done for years who were very flat chested ,, they got them done and both look nice, not that youd really notice and not big..but not for me...dont need them but even younger I wasnt well endowed but was the last thing I would touch to have done... Ive always been quite a shy person and dont think men staring at ma boobs would have suited me hahah. but each to their own..or not..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty