U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 06:21 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,212,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
and why do you keep harping at me?
I stated an opinion, added to said opinion and was done.

What part of what I have already stated are you not understanding?
YOU are the one who keeps targeting me so whatever your issue is get past it already, it is tiresome.

She wants plastic boobs I don't care, won't affect my life, my bank account or my body.
Why do you call them plastic?

the OP said she was petite.
now that i think about it,big boobs might make her look matronly.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:21 AM

13,158 posts, read 7,398,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautyxoxo View Post
I am seriously considering breast augmentation. My interest in the procedure has absolutely nothing to do with attracting attention from others; I'm interested for my own sake. I am petite and I've always wanted large breasts (but not too large, more or less a full C-cup).

I find myself thinking about breast augmentation a lot. I believe it would make me happier and more confident, but oddly, I feel bad about even considering this, given the fact that my family frowns upon breast augmentation and other types of plastic surgery. I can't help but to think about all of the starving children in the world, or the people without proper sanitation, housing, etc., but at the end of the day, I know what I want and I have the resources to afford the surgery.

I'm just feeling a bit down, because I know that my family doesn't approve. Even though I'm completely independent and reside in a different state, I still care about their opinion. I don't want to feel ashamed or embarrassed. I have such respect for women who do whatever makes them happy. I wish that I could follow a similar path.

I'm just wondering if others think it's shallow to undergo breast augmentation?
You're stepping in a minefield starting a thread about plastic surgery on your breasts. I know; I started a thread about breast reduction surgery a couple of months ago, and a mod ended having to delete a lot of the stupid posts. So be prepared for a litany of responses from guys who say you should/should not have the surgery because the way your boobs look is all about what THEY want Anyway, it is not shallow to want to improve your appearance, IMO. Your appearance is directly tied to your self esteem, and people will do many things to help themselves feel better. Even if it is shallow, so what? It's your money and your decision.

Just be aware that getting a boob job will not solve your problems or change you as a person. It will only change the way your breasts look. Be sure you choose a plastic surgeon who has done many of these procedures and look at his/her portfolio to see real life results from his/her patients before choosing that doctor. Good luck with your decision.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:23 AM

17,161 posts, read 22,175,230 times
we need disclaimers on posts now,,

are and have you been a female all your life??

were you born with a set of gonads but want to be a woman?

are you a transgender not sure which way the wind blows??

if you are 100% female with no hyphens, stay where you are
confidence doesn't come from bra size

look at the upside....
less back issues.,,, you can sleep on your stomach, babies don't look at you like an all you can suckle buffet

Old 03-22-2015, 07:20 AM

460 posts, read 626,324 times
The fact that you're so concerned about whether your family will approve is a potential sign of low confidence or low self-esteem. Look into that first, so that you can answer your own question about whether you should have the procedure.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:34 AM

5,539 posts, read 4,384,002 times
Quote:
I am seriously considering breast augmentation. My interest in the procedure has absolutely nothing to do with attracting attention from others; I'm interested for my own sake. I am petite and I've always wanted large breasts (but not too large, more or less a full C-cup).

I find myself thinking about breast augmentation a lot. I believe it would make me happier and more confident, but oddly, I feel bad about even considering this, given the fact that my family frowns upon breast augmentation and other types of plastic surgery. I can't help but to think about all of the starving children in the world, or the people without proper sanitation, housing, etc., but at the end of the day, I know what I want and I have the resources to afford the surgery.

I'm just feeling a bit down, because I know that my family doesn't approve. Even though I'm completely independent and reside in a different state, I still care about their opinion. I don't want to feel ashamed or embarrassed. I have such respect for women who do whatever makes them happy. I wish that I could follow a similar path.

I'm just wondering if others think it's shallow to undergo breast augmentation?
A c-cup is huge for a petite person. I long for the days when I was barely a B.

I guess you could always take them out later.

Old 03-22-2015, 07:40 AM

1,895 posts, read 4,040,035 times
Yes.

Old 03-22-2015, 10:26 AM

19,005 posts, read 10,047,592 times
If you are generally happy with yourself and your appearance except for this, and it's something you've researched and can afford, then go for it. If you are overall unhappy, this is not going to fix that. Someone mentioned it's the same as ear piercing - I don't agree with that, but I'd say maybe cosmetic orthodontia or other cosmetic dentistry. Someone may be unhappy with their smile and know that changing that one thing will make them so much happier with their appearance. There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to look good, and sometimes, that can take medical intervention. Just don't go too large, as it will look fake and not proportional.

And either way, your worth as a woman doesn't change. You aren't better for having natural breasts if you aren't happy with your own body.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:16 AM

40 posts, read 42,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman91919 View Post
The fact that you're so concerned about whether your family will approve is a potential sign of low confidence or low self-esteem. Look into that first, so that you can answer your own question about whether you should have the procedure.
I have been thinking about this issue for quite awhile. After I graduated from college and landed my first professional job, I was pretty much on my own financially, but somehow, my mother still managed to take control over the other elements of my life. She has a very strong personality and I'm not one for conflict, so over the years, I've let her pretty much run my life.

I'm now however at the stage where I'm living my life, by my own terms. I'm not harming anyone or doing anything crazy. I simply want to do this for myself. I realize that having breast implants won't make me a different person and that's a good thing. I like being me, but I simply want to feel more womanly and confident about my body.

Old 03-22-2015, 11:22 AM

40 posts, read 42,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
A c-cup is huge for a petite person. I long for the days when I was barely a B.

I guess you could always take them out later.
Some petite women elect for larger breasts (beyond a full c-cup) and still look good with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HtwaZOELn0

Old 03-22-2015, 11:31 AM

35,121 posts, read 37,816,014 times
Quote:
Some petite women elect for larger breasts (beyond a full c-cup) and still look good with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HtwaZOELn0
If you have to try and convince yourself this much how "good" you are going to look it appears you do not really know what you want.
The pictures you are posting are not YOU and YOU have no idea how YOU are going to look.
You are also scared of rejection from your family if you get this done.

I still strongly suggest you seek a professional therapist before you have any sort of body altering surgery.

If you choose not to so be it, your body, your choice, your money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.