U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 11:37 AM

40 posts, read 42,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If you have to try and convince yourself this much how "good" you are going to look it appears you do not really know what you want.
The pictures you are posting are not YOU and YOU have no idea how YOU are going to look.
You are also scared of rejection from your family if you get this done.

I still strongly suggest you seek a professional therapist before you have any sort of body altering surgery.

If you choose not to so be it, your body, your choice, your money.
Thank you for your input, but I fully recognize that I am not the person in the video or pic. I merely posted it, because I have a very similar body type as the woman featured in the video. And actually, I do have an idea of how I would look with breast augmentation. The surgeon's office has a re-imaging photo machine which creates a profile picture of the expected "after results."

Honestly, I am a bit scared of my family's response, but I think they will come to accept it and I'm now starting to think that it may be best to go through with the surgery, without announcing it to them.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:54 PM

3,070 posts, read 1,624,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautyxoxo View Post
Thank you for your input, but I fully recognize that I am not the person in the video or pic. I merely posted it, because I have a very similar body type as the woman featured in the video. And actually, I do have an idea of how I would look with breast augmentation. The surgeon's office has a re-imaging photo machine which creates a profile picture of the expected "after results."

Honestly, I am a bit scared of my family's response, but I think they will come to accept it and I'm now starting to think that it may be best to go through with the surgery, without announcing it to them.
You may be right about your family's acceptance. And no, it's not any more shallow than a guy building up his muscles for show. All I ask of you is to look at lots of pictures of enhanced breasts the size that you want, (unclothed!), and learn to tell the good jobs (natural looking) from the hack jobs (cantaloupes stapled to an ironing board), and find a surgeon who only does the former! You will be much more likely to enjoy the transformation!

Old 03-22-2015, 03:27 PM

1,894 posts, read 3,702,681 times
Quote:
I'm just wondering if others think it's shallow to undergo breast augmentation?
I flat iron and/or curling iron my frizzy hair, use BB cream & powder to even out my skin tone, use mascara to lengthen/thicken my eye lashes, use eye shadow to contour, use all different shades of lipstick and gloss to make my lips appear more plump and dewy (or because I f kin feel like it), I pluck my eyebrows, I wax my upper lip/legs/pits/bikini area, and oh yeah, I'm beginning to get grey hairs more often, so I am considering seeing a colorist soon. Oh, and my bras are padded (for modesty, but I don't mind the extra oomph there), and also they reshape me to look more firm and perky, and less saggy.

I do not roll out of bed with perfect hair, even skin tone, long eyelashes, smooth/hairless legs, a perfect pout, and perfectly held up boobs. It takes deliberate effort and fakery.

So if you are shallow for considering a boob job, and if every woman that currently has a boob job is shallow, then I guess I am also shallow. Maybe I am more shallow, because I just listed about 10 different things that I fake. You are only talking about 1.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:19 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,077,592 times
OP, you're damned if you do and damned if you don't in this world, especially if you're a woman (if we're not making 'shallow' choices, we're 'letting ourselves go'. You can't win). So as long as you research the safety of it, can afford it (i.e. aren't emptying Junior's college fund to do this), and are sure it's not really something else about your life that you want to fix - do it if you think it will make you happy! I'm certainly not going to sit in judgement, and you shouldn't care even if some do.

Old 03-22-2015, 05:47 PM

11,790 posts, read 12,632,569 times
Quote:
Some petite women elect for larger breasts (beyond a full c-cup)
Chances are you will be disappointed and wish you had gone bigger. And i dont mean strip club feature dancer big, i mean DD to E.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:22 PM

8,507 posts, read 11,379,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
and why do you keep harping at me?
I stated an opinion, added to said opinion and was done.

What part of what I have already stated are you not understanding?
YOU are the one who keeps targeting me so whatever your issue is get past it already, it is tiresome.

She wants plastic boobs I don't care, won't affect my life, my bank account or my body.
I kept harping on you? You asked me a 2nd question.

You added to your original opinion, practically imposing your thoughts on the OP as fact because of personal experience. And then you can't take criticism for doing so.

Talk about esteem issues...

Last edited by ovi8; 03-22-2015 at 06:43 PM..

Old 03-22-2015, 10:07 PM

635 posts, read 395,383 times
I have a very petite friend that's about 5'1 & 95 lbs. She got her breasts done to a full C & it looks ridiculous on her because she's so small. It literally looks like she's going to tip over because her proportions are so off.

We've talked about it and she regrets getting them.

You may not though, some girls love their fake boobs. I would probably not rush into getting them. Maybe wait a year or two and see how you feel about it then.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:46 PM

2,775 posts, read 2,577,430 times
To the OP - ... you have what you have and honestly, at least from this guy's perspective, it doesn't matter. If you are fit/healthy, that is what is important to me. I know I'm not alone in saying that small breasts can be just as attractive if not more so than big ones. I wouldn't ever advise anyone to get implants... putting a foreign object of any kind in your body via surgery has negative repercussions.

If your self esteem is dependent upon your body looking different or meeting some sort of societal ideal, be prepared to be devastated as you age and lose your looks. Instead work to optimize what you have and meditate on how you are not your body, you are not your things, and you will find a much more reliable and long lasting source of joy.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:30 PM

40 posts, read 42,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
To the OP - ... you have what you have and honestly, at least from this guy's perspective, it doesn't matter. If you are fit/healthy, that is what is important to me. I know I'm not alone in saying that small breasts can be just as attractive if not more so than big ones. I wouldn't ever advise anyone to get implants... putting a foreign object of any kind in your body via surgery has negative repercussions.

If your self esteem is dependent upon your body looking different or meeting some sort of societal ideal, be prepared to be devastated as you age and lose your looks. Instead work to optimize what you have and meditate on how you are not your body, you are not your things, and you will find a much more reliable and long lasting source of joy.

Overall, I agree with you; but sometimes in life, if you have the means to change something that you are unhappy with, you should go forward.

I don't believe my life will change dramatically, but more than likely, if things go as planned, I'll be happier with my body.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:58 PM

194 posts, read 135,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melovescookies View Post
I have a very petite friend that's about 5'1 & 95 lbs. She got her breasts done to a full C & it looks ridiculous on her because she's so small. It literally looks like she's going to tip over because her proportions.
Is your friend available?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty