Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 09:09 AM

38 posts, read 57,768 times

Advertisements

Here is a picture of the size and overall look that I'd like to achieve with breast augmentation. The person in the pic had breast augmentation. She is petite, and very happy with the results:

moderator cut: image removed

Last edited by Marka; 03-25-2015 at 01:41 AM..

Old 03-21-2015, 09:09 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautyxoxo View Post
I'm aware of the complications and I'm ok with taking calculated risks. I simply dislike the notion that being proactive is a sign of shallowness. I do not think I'm shallow. In all honesty, I'm not the type to wear provocative clothing. I'd like to do this for myself as a birthday gift.

Until you get those new, shiny, pretty fake breasts and want to show them off.

You should seek other ways to gain confidence and putting fake products inside your body is not one of those ways.

There is a story about a woman who had weight reduction surgery because she had low self esteem, wanted more confidence, wanted to look better physically, become (in her mind) attractive to others, etc. etc.

She had the surgery, went through the recovery phase, lost a couple hundred pounds and discovered that she was still herself, inside, with a smaller physical presence.
Nothing changed in her life, her self esteem was still low, she still had no confidence, she still was not attractive to others (in her mind).

The surgery did not "FIX" her, she was still the same person simply because she did not fix herself instead of having the surgery.

Do you understand what I'm telling you?

PS ~~ Go buy yourself a new necklace or earrings for your birthday, a much better investment.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:12 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
I am seriously considering breast augmentation. My interest in the procedure has absolutely nothing to do with attracting attention from others; I'm interested for my own sake. I am petite and I've always wanted large breasts (but not too large, more or less a full C-cup).

I find myself thinking about breast augmentation a lot. I believe it would make me happier and more confident, but oddly, I feel bad about even considering this, given the fact that my family frowns upon breast augmentation and other types of plastic surgery. I can't help but to think about all of the starving children in the world, or the people without proper sanitation, housing, etc., but at the end of the day, I know what I want and I have the resources to afford the surgery.

I'm just feeling a bit down, because I know that my family doesn't approve. Even though I'm completely independent and reside in a different state, I still care about their opinion. I don't want to feel ashamed or embarrassed. I have such respect for women who do whatever makes them happy. I wish that I could follow a similar path.

I'm just wondering if others think it's shallow to undergo breast augmentation?
How you feel about yourself is important. If a breast augmentation will make you feel better, then do it ... as long as you don't go overboard on the size. It will most likely boost your confidence, which will ultimately result in more opportunities. Regarding your family, don't worry about it. Assuming they are normal people, it's very unlikely that they're going to comment on your breasts.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:39 AM

609 posts, read 615,549 times
I think if you really hate how you look and you constantly think about it and it makes you feel terrible, definitely consider getting it done. I don't think it's shallow. And sure some men won't like it, but if a man truly loves you for who you are and not what you look like, he won't care that much.
And some women simply don't understand (those that have significant ones) what it's like to have almost nothing there at all.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:47 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseLikeAnyOther View Post
I think if you really hate how you look and you constantly think about it and it makes you feel terrible, definitely consider getting it done. I don't think it's shallow. And sure some men won't like it, but if a man truly loves you for who you are and not what you look like, he won't care that much.
And some women simply don't understand (those that have significant ones) what it's like to have almost nothing there at all.
It does not take big boobs to understand anything and not everyone posting here has "significant ones".
Perhaps we have real life experience with those who have had breast enlargement and reduction and we know from that real life experience that the person behind those new bigger breast is the same person who was behind those smaller breast before surgery.

If it takes someone to have surgery, implant artificial products into their bodies, go through all the pain and recovery time to "make themselves feel better". There is much more going on than small breasts.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:54 AM

609 posts, read 615,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

If it takes someone to have surgery, implant artificial products into their bodies, go through all the pain and recovery time to "make themselves feel better". There is much more going on than small breasts.
Ok so if a woman was born with some huge deformity on her face and people treated her differently because of it and she felt absolutely disgusting every single day looking in the mirror at herself, she shouldn't change it?

Old 03-21-2015, 09:59 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,316 times
I say no. But thats me,,i would worry about mamograms. I say unless your flat as a board,,dont do it.
JMO.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:09 AM

4,532 posts, read 8,871,316 times
Quote:
Here is a picture of the size and overall look that I'd like to achieve with breast augmentation. The person in the pic had breast augmentation. She is petite, and very happy with the results:
While these boobs look fine, I do see that the photo was altered - view right side of photo - her arm has been narrowed and side boob enhanced. Not sure why the person thought this was necessary.

I am not a fan of boob jobs for health and visual reasons. And I think it's kind of creepy that so many women want to be a D or DD (not you), it's a bit Stepfordish. I think most look fake, but have seen some natural looking ones. However, a person's decision is just that, and non of mine or anyone else's business.

I don't believe you are shallow, and I'm sorry if when others said this it felt insulting. It does sound like you feel the pain of inadequacy regarding your body. You should know that many men LOVE women to have the type of body you have. You just haven't found the right man yet to appreciate you. Do you also know that many women who you likely aspire to look like, also feel as you do about their body? Many women have body issues. So know you aren't alone in this. I wish you well with your decision and say that if this will truly make you happy, then go for it.

Old 03-21-2015, 10:28 AM

13,395 posts, read 13,507,892 times
Quote:
I'm just feeling a bit down, because I know that my family doesn't approve. Even though I'm completely independent and reside in a different state, I still care about their opinion. I don't want to feel ashamed or embarrassed. I have such respect for women who do whatever makes them happy. I wish that I could follow a similar path.
I'm not going to answer your original question because I think the bigger issue is the bold above. You have to have the courage to make your own decisions.

Seriously, when you ask ANY question, there are going to be some people who are "for" and some people who are "against." Some will think it's shallow and some won't think it's shallow.

You can't live based on the ideas and opinions of others. If you find yourself unhappy, you can't blame other people since you had the power to make yourself happy all along.

Last edited by charlygal; 03-21-2015 at 11:04 AM..

Old 03-21-2015, 10:36 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
I say do what makes YOU happy. Don't worry about being shallow or what others think, it is YOUR body !

I know women who have had this done and they were all happy with the results (so was I ).

But, there are good boob jobs and bad boob jobs. I have seen some that look like two grapefruits stuck on the front of the woman, and those look horrible. Natural looking ones are so much nicer looking IMO.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty