Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2015, 01:20 AM

750 posts, read 640,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Guy View Post
yes but being bald vs. not being bald is not subjective. there is an objective visual difference. also, a full head of hair is associated with youth. baldness isn't no matter how you try to spin it.

also speaking of hair transplants, let's cut right to the superstar of them all - tom cruise. this guy doesn't have transplants but does a large variety of hairpieces/wigs like john travolta. in mi ghost protocol, he has the hair of a 20 year old college kid high on natural testosterone and the bliss of youth: a thick full head of hair with zero white or grey hairs as seen in the thumbnail below. now in mi rogue nation, we see the same thing. a tremendous mane (especially when he is tied and hanging with his naked chest showing as seen in the trailer). if tom were bald, you bet he would look 10 years older or even more. also i noticed he has cheek filler - restylane? - in his cheeks but that's another topic.
Yes from a "general" point of view. However, that means little as one can easily find a girl that likes "bald" men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 12:37 PM

6,602 posts, read 4,819,316 times
If one just wants a "girl." Actually, woman, since probably most females under 25 don't want a "bald" man. If a man is pickier than that and wants an attractive woman or for example has a type such as Preppy that I suppose dislikes the shaved look, he's just hurt his chances significantly by letting himself go bald.

Old 04-07-2015, 12:42 PM

1,511 posts, read 1,964,006 times
I'm just thankful we're not overthinking this.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:37 PM

37,449 posts, read 45,651,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodheathen View Post
Joey Lawrence (on Dancing with the Stars in 2006)? Look at pictures of him with hair. Still waiting for a famous example of a man who looked better without his hair (not counting hairstyles some people might find stupid).
What? Already done. Andre Agassi.

And there are plenty more. Dwayne Johnson. Howie Mandell. Vin Diesel. Jason Statham. Bruce Willis. LL Cool J. Samuel Jackson. Mark Strong. Chris Daughtry. And on and on and on.

Hell Chris grew his hair back at one point, and the fans didn't like it so he went back to a shaved head.
Hairy Daughtry: Yay or Nay? | tooFab.com

No way does he look better with hair. Nope nope nope.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:43 PM

38,707 posts, read 102,763,232 times
It's always entertaining to watch a member of one sex categorically speak on behalf of the other sex.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:00 PM

6,602 posts, read 4,819,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
What? Already done. Andre Agassi.

And there are plenty more. Dwayne Johnson. Howie Mandell. Vin Diesel. Jason Statham. Bruce Willis. LL Cool J. Samuel Jackson. Mark Strong. Chris Daughtry. And on and on and on.

Hell Chris grew his hair back at one point, and the fans didn't like it so he went back to a shaved head.
Hairy Daughtry: Yay or Nay? | tooFab.com

No way does he look better with hair. Nope nope nope.
Agassi was excluded due to his grungy hairstyle. I don't think anyone has seen LL Cool J with hair, and I really wasn't talking about black guys. I'll take Daughtry and Strong as valid examples that support your point. I didn't know the former had temporarily regrown his hair.

I think Michael Keaton types are more common. Where the original hair adds something good. (Since I don't actually obsess over other specific men's hair [unless we're talking about the subject], I hadn't noticed any sign of the claimed transplant, but a doctor online commented on it.) Good-looking face, in my opinion, certainly good enough to be Batman, but nothing great about it (on the whole or any individual feature). And, no, to that other woman, the shaved look as a private citizen does not normally open actors to more roles, at least not white actors who don't want to regularly play villains.

Last edited by goodheathen; 04-07-2015 at 02:25 PM..

Old 04-07-2015, 02:03 PM

3,515 posts, read 3,661,768 times
Quote:
agassi was excluded due to his grungy hairstyle. I don't think anyone has seen ll cool j with hair, and i really wasn't talking about black guys. I'll take daughtry and strong as valid examples that support your point. I didn't know the former had temporarily regrown his hair.

I think michael keaton types are more common. Where the original hair adds something good. (since i don't actually obsess over other men's hair, i hadn't noticed any sign of the claimed transplant, but a doctor online commented on it.) good-looking face, in my opinion, certainly good enough to be batman, but nothing great about it (on the whole or any individual feature). And, no, to that other woman, the shaved look as a private citizen does not normally open actors to more roles, at least not white actors who don't want to regularly play villains.

Old 04-07-2015, 02:16 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,323,717 times
Quote:
Agassi was excluded due to his grungy hairstyle. I don't think anyone has seen LL Cool J with hair, and I really wasn't talking about black guys. I'll take Daughtry and Strong as valid examples that support your point. I didn't know the former had temporarily regrown his hair.

I think Michael Keaton types are more common. Where the original hair adds something good. (Since I don't actually obsess over other men's hair, I hadn't noticed any sign of the claimed transplant, but a doctor online commented on it.) Good-looking face, in my opinion, certainly good enough to be Batman, but nothing great about it (on the whole or any individual feature). And, no, to that other woman, the shaved look as a private citizen does not normally open actors to more roles, at least not white actors who don't want to regularly play villains.
Thank ****ing god

Old 04-08-2015, 06:09 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,369,030 times
Quote:
Joey Lawrence (on Dancing with the Stars in 2006)? Look at pictures of him with hair. Still waiting for a famous example of a man who looked better without his hair (not counting hairstyles some people might find stupid).

Re growing hair back, I suppose that is a reason some men put off getting hair transplants. False hope springs eternal, I say. If those two methods (or anything else) could regrow most hair, it would be all over forums such as this. It wouldn't surprise me if ability to regrow long-lost hair doesn't happen within any of our lifetimes.
I'm not sure if it was Joey Lawrence, but I went ahead and looked up his photos over the years. Totally disagree with you - he looks better with no hair.

As for false hope, you might want to spend some time gaining information instead of speaking in a knee-jerk fashion. The lasers have been PROVEN to regrow hair, but they haven't been out all that long and they tend to be expensive.

Latisse only began trials for hair growth very recently. If Latisse can grow eyelashes, then there is no reason to think it can't work on the head. In fact, Latisse users are warned not to let the product drip onto other areas of their faces because hair will grow where they don't want it. If you had the slightest idea how Latisse worked, you wouldn't dismiss it out of hand.

I am beginning to think you own a hair transplant business since you are dismissing newer methods and are so obsessed with transplants. You are also heavily invested in trying to talk bald men who are happy out of being happy.

Last edited by Shooting Stars; 04-08-2015 at 06:18 AM..

Old 04-08-2015, 09:57 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,519,649 times
Hair symbolizes youth, if your desire is to attract the younger females then you need to have hair whichever way possible.

One thing about hair is that comes down to 3 things, your mom's genes, food, and age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty