U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2015, 08:58 AM

22 posts, read 10,989 times

Advertisements

It may be like that or they many think that they look gorgeous with their baldness. They are so busy that they have no time to comb hair or take extra care for hair. so they prefer to keep the way it has. Fair factor may work in their mind, memory may be lost when transplantation stars working to planting new hair. Okay, I am just kidding. Nothing will happen.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2015, 09:05 AM

4,081 posts, read 3,563,573 times
I once saw a guy who had gotten a hair transplant prematurely.

He had the baby-doll-head-looking transplant on the very top, surrounded by a ring of baldness where his hair had continued to recede after getting the transplant, then the remaining hair.

Not a good look.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:08 AM

8,563 posts, read 5,959,840 times
Because those who need it most probably can't afford the best and it ends up looking horrible and much worse than looking bald.

I will bald gracefully someday.

Old 03-23-2015, 09:12 AM

2,809 posts, read 346,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
I see so many men who are bald or at least going bald. Hair transplants are not any more expensive than a used car.

I'm relatively young and not going bald yet, but as soon as I start to lose hair, I'll be at the surgeons office so fast.

Why don't more men get hair transplants? I've heard they're very successful and I wouldn't imagine it would be any worse than wisdom teeth removal.
Because in relationship to women, men aren't as vain....

Old 03-23-2015, 11:48 AM

2,226 posts, read 1,646,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
Because those who need it most probably can't afford the best and it ends up looking horrible and much worse than looking bald.

I will bald gracefully someday.
The first point is close to true. It would be more accurate minus the price comment, because a top doctor (in any specialty) isn't a magician. When most of the hair is gone, there just isn't enough supply to get a good result.

Old 03-23-2015, 06:39 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,911,580 times
They look like crap and the battle will eventually be lost at which time they will look even worse.

As if that wasn't enough reason for why hair transplants for men are unpopular, the other is that young and old men alike are waking up to how pointless it is to obsess over their hair.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:40 PM

14,610 posts, read 20,757,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
They look like crap and the battle will eventually be lost at which time they will look even worse.

As if that wasn't enough reason for why hair transplants for men are unpopular, the other is that young and old men alike are waking up to how pointless it is to obsess over their hair.

exactly.

and it is very expensive, is very time consuming, takes many sessions and you don't go in bald and then walk out with a full head of hair. doesn't happen that way.

besides, shaved heads are in style, and will always be in style because there will always be bald men.

besides, i love my shaved head, looks bad ass, and low maint, now thats what I like.....low maint.....

Old 03-23-2015, 07:44 PM

5,818 posts, read 3,287,105 times
Why bother? If you look in the mirror and can't accept what you see, there are more problems than vanity.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:48 PM

6,085 posts, read 10,461,625 times
Being bald saves big bucks. I haven't been to a barber shop in over 35 years. And I can't even begin to tell you how many Chinese women have come up to me and rubbed my head just so they can have a bit of good luck.

Old 03-24-2015, 09:57 AM

2,868 posts, read 2,430,160 times
Let me say this respectfully and gently. Why the hell do we need them??? Who are we trying to impress?? If our mates, our friends, our co-workers (some of them I couldn't give a rip about their opinion) accept us, what is the big deal? If we are happy about ourselves, so be it? Maybe, it is just NOT important to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty