U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 11:00 AM

16 posts, read 8,070 times

Advertisements

i think because its costly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 11:09 AM

2,226 posts, read 1,645,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
They look like crap and the battle will eventually be lost at which time they will look even worse.

As if that wasn't enough reason for why hair transplants for men are unpopular, the other is that young and old men alike are waking up to how pointless it is to obsess over their hair.
If that were true, hair transplants and sales of men's hair care products wouldn't be at an all-time high.

Will the battle "eventually be lost?" Maybe, maybe not. Some men's hair loss slows down maybe around 50, and some men aren't genetically destined to lose much hair. If Lindsey Buckingham had been able to take medication 30 years ago* and had a few minor procedures, he probably could have had a virtual full head of hair for his entire life. And if hair isn't important, would he have been hugely popular had he been balding much early in life?

*Some of transplants' bad reputations comes from their predating hair loss medication. It's almost always needed in accordance with a surgery, or else things will deteriorate around the 'new' hair and make it look ugly/unnatural.

Last edited by goodheathen; 03-24-2015 at 11:20 AM..

Old 03-24-2015, 11:23 AM

2,424 posts, read 1,264,877 times
why bother? just get a good hat.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:24 AM

2,004 posts, read 921,331 times
The cosmetic treatment industry failed to figure out how to push the right vanity buttons on men as they have with women and most women don't make a big deal of it either.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:42 AM

8,711 posts, read 12,080,176 times
For the most part, I do not think most men feel insecure enough about losing some hair to go through getting transplants, or particularly paying for them. Yeah, they may be the price of "a used car" and for a lot of men, thats a ton of money they can spend on something far better than getting hair stitched into their scalp.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:44 AM

1,242 posts, read 962,172 times
Probably for the same reason more women don't get boob jobs. Some people are just okay with how they look.

Personally... I find many bald guys attractive.

Old 03-24-2015, 11:47 AM

6,005 posts, read 3,944,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

besides, i love my shaved head, looks bad ass, and low maint, now thats what I like.....low maint.....
Ok.. Now this I will disagree with.. I shaved my head for a few years.. But gave up on it and went back to the 'lowest setting on the clippers' cut, because you have to shave your head about every 3rd day.. After the first day your head becomes like velcro, picking up every piece of lint and dust laying around..

I liked how it looked.. I just thought shaved head was too high maintenance. Now, I use the clippers about every other week or so.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:02 PM

2,424 posts, read 1,264,877 times
hair cuts are too expensive, I just stopped going to the barbers and let it grow, I haven't had a haircut or a shave since 1985.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:34 PM

8,632 posts, read 4,849,696 times
Because it doesn't really matter. We all - male and female - will get old and saggy one day; big deal.
Why do some women go the Titanic route when getting a boob job? It's unsightly and the smaller ones were most likely perfect.
Most men aren't predisposed to vanity as women.

Old 03-24-2015, 12:45 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,373,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
I see so many men who are bald or at least going bald. Hair transplants are not any more expensive than a used car.

I'm relatively young and not going bald yet, but as soon as I start to lose hair, I'll be at the surgeons office so fast.

Why don't more men get hair transplants? I've heard they're very successful and I wouldn't imagine it would be any worse than wisdom teeth removal.
I am female but I would not advise a man to get one unless they actually do work . Do they add a full head of hair and look natural ? I feel skeptical. And what price used car are we talking about ? A used Kia or a used Ferrari? lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty