U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 07:21 PM

2,156 posts, read 1,571,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanguardisle View Post
I am female but I would not advise a man to get one unless they actually do work . Do they add a full head of hair and look natural ? I feel skeptical. And what price used car are we talking about ? A used Kia or a used Ferrari? lol
Rightly skeptical. In most cases, they won't create a virtual full head of hair. (Maybe the percentage increases if the transplant is paired with Toppik or something.) But most men will look better. If some men have an all-or-nothing mindset, that's self-defeating, like women who ignore their fitness because they can't have Barbie bodies.

Also, I think some men won't get hair transplants because it's like admitting defeat over money they've spent on treatments (medication and snake-oil stuff).

Last edited by goodheathen; 03-24-2015 at 07:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 05:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,090 times
Generally men are not beauty concious, they takes it lightly, they like the natural hairs but if the person facing the baldness problem and want to look smart then he definitely go for the hair transplant and this is right also because if someone wants to go for the hair transplant for looks smart then the best solution for those is hair transplant in Indore.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:27 AM

4,271 posts, read 2,500,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belovenow View Post
They look like crap and the battle will eventually be lost at which time they will look even worse.

As if that wasn't enough reason for why hair transplants for men are unpopular, the other is that young and old men alike are waking up to how pointless it is to obsess over their hair.

Yeah that.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:29 AM

4,986 posts, read 3,424,596 times
I personally like the way I look with a shaved head. I don't have that "classical" head shape but it feels clean and easy to maintain. I don't completely shave it bald, just leave some stubble with a shaver.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:38 AM

4,271 posts, read 2,500,692 times
You all would be so surprised at the number of ladies who like bald men or shaved heads.
I personally think it is an attractive trait. My husband shaves his head because he is balding.
I don't like the look of transplants... you can almost always tell.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:40 AM

426 posts, read 406,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshjoshi View Post
Generally men are not beauty concious, they takes it lightly, they like the natural hairs but if the person facing the baldness problem and want to look smart then he definitely go for the hair transplant and this is right also because if someone wants to go for the hair transplant for looks smart then the best solution for those is hair transplant in Indore.
Maybe not 'beauty' conscious, but a lot of guys are very self-conscious about going bald. A balding head makes you look a lot older than your actual age. Most just accept it because (for some) the alternatives are either not very realistic looking or unaffordable. The topical application that begins with an R actually kinda works but it is expensive, and the hair growth is thinner than your natural hair. You also have to keep using it forever or you will probably lose whatever hair it grew. Most wigs for men look ridiculous, and the custom glue-ons require costly maintenance. The plugs cost a bundle, and how good they look depend on the skills of the surgeon. One option that some guys choose to pull a Vin Diesel and shave the whole thing off, which also requires a lot of maintenance but you can buy a trimmer and shave it fresh every day yourself at home.

Old 03-25-2015, 06:54 AM

426 posts, read 406,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Because it's perhaps the silliest thing one could possibly spend their money on? I have no problem finding bald men attractive. But I might struggle to respect any guy I dated who admitted to having hair plugs...
I'd like to know why? Its difficult for you to fathom why a man might want to make himself more attractive to women, or to keep himself looking good if he does a job like sales...

I find it interesting that women will criticize men who do a few things to improve their appearance, when women spend countless billions of dollars every year on cosmetics, hair products, fake hair and a bunch of other stuff for exactly the same reason. Even so, I wouldn't disrespect any woman who spends a lot of money on her makeup and wigs and stuff. Many women do look better when they use these things. And looking good is a part of feeling good. You find balding men attractive, but a lot of women say that they don't. I think that you should give the hair plugs a chance. You might fall in love with them.

Old 03-25-2015, 07:26 AM

14,460 posts, read 20,246,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie972 View Post
I'm not gonna take a side on this either way, but how come so many people are willing to scream about how "unnatural" hair plugs are, and yet they'll make sure their kids get braces and have their teeth whitened if necessary? That isn't natural either, but people do it, because they know (or believe) that it looks better. How are hair plugs different from that?
because straight teeth look natural when they are done and dont have plug marks on the top of their head.
i never had braces and my teeth are perfectly straight.

Old 03-25-2015, 08:48 AM

14,023 posts, read 21,925,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
I see so many men who are bald or at least going bald. Hair transplants are not any more expensive than a used car.

I'm relatively young and not going bald yet, but as soon as I start to lose hair, I'll be at the surgeons office so fast.

Why don't more men get hair transplants? I've heard they're very successful and I wouldn't imagine it would be any worse than wisdom teeth removal.
I am going to be 50 this year and have a full head of hair. So that is my excuse.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:10 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,682,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
I am going to be 50 this year and have a full head of hair. So that is my excuse.
Good genetics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty