Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 12:58 PM

631 posts, read 884,015 times

Advertisements

I'm not gonna take a side on this either way, but how come so many people are willing to scream about how "unnatural" hair plugs are, and yet they'll make sure their kids get braces and have their teeth whitened if necessary? That isn't natural either, but people do it, because they know (or believe) that it looks better. How are hair plugs different from that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 01:16 PM

756 posts, read 833,391 times
Lightbulb I Like Hair Transplants:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
I see so many men who are bald or at least going bald. Hair transplants are not any more expensive than a used car.

I'm relatively young and not going bald yet, but as soon as I start to lose hair, I'll be at the surgeons office so fast.

Why don't more men get hair transplants? I've heard they're very successful and I wouldn't imagine it would be any worse than wisdom teeth removal.
Because the men are fat and lazy.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:20 PM

756 posts, read 833,391 times
Post Not The Same Thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie972 View Post
I'm not gonna take a side on this either way, but how come so many people are willing to scream about how "unnatural" hair plugs are, and yet they'll make sure their kids get braces and have their teeth whitened if necessary? That isn't natural either, but people do it, because they know (or believe) that it looks better. How are hair plugs different from that?
Teeth are needed to eat properly. If you don't have healthy teeth, you will end up chewing food by pushing your tongue to the roof of your mouth. Food becomes more difficult to digest if you don't chew it completely and that leads to difficulty in keeping excess weight off and that can also lead to other complex complicated complications.

As for the whitening, that is the same level of vanity as hair transplants. But I see absolutely nothing wrong with vanity.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:23 PM

631 posts, read 884,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In_Correct View Post
Teeth are needed to eat properly. If you don't have healthy teeth, you will end up chewing food by pushing your tongue to the roof of your mouth. Food becomes more difficult to digest if you don't chew it completely and that leads to difficulty in keeping excess weight off and that can also lead to other complex complicated complications.

As for the whitening, that is the same level of vanity as hair transplants. But I see absolutely nothing wrong with vanity.
I'm talking about cosmetic dentistry specifically though. You don't NEED your teeth to be perfectly straight and white to chew food. Americans like to make fun of Brits for their "bad teeth", when in actuality, Brits have some of the healthiest teeth in the world, healthier than American teeth. What makes them "bad" to us is that they aren't straight and white enough. So with these beauty standards in mind, I simply ask how people can be so anti hair-transplant.

Old 03-24-2015, 01:27 PM

14,376 posts, read 18,360,681 times
Because it's perhaps the silliest thing one could possibly spend their money on? I have no problem finding bald men attractive. But I might struggle to respect any guy I dated who admitted to having hair plugs...

Old 03-24-2015, 03:51 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,675,432 times
I think it is because it is not worth it? Depends on the man, and the result. Some of these responses are some what brutal, I'm assuming those posters are women. Makes me feel lucky that I am not bald, a head full of long hair(KNOCK ON WOOD).

That being said it seems many men do not allow hair or lack there of to define who they are as human beings, and realize that they are not doomed to live a life of loneliness. I am not any better than a man with a bald head, simply because I am not experiencing hair loss.

Old 03-24-2015, 03:58 PM

6,768 posts, read 5,480,671 times
Quote:
I see so many men who are bald or at least going bald. Hair transplants are not any more expensive than a used car.

I'm relatively young and not going bald yet, but as soon as I start to lose hair, I'll be at the surgeons office so fast.

Why don't more men get hair transplants? I've heard they're very successful and I wouldn't imagine it would be any worse than wisdom teeth removal.
Why does it matter to you if I have hair or not?
I am happy being half-bald, and have learned to like VERY SHORT hair for what there is left of it.

I was PUT TO SLEEP when I had my wisdom teeth out and and numbed to the gills for any other tooth I have had to have pulled, followed by pain meds, so I don't really get your analogy there. ANd you IMAGINE it not to be worse...how do you KNOW???

I DIDN'T have the extra money at your age {apparently you are young ***** to buy such things, AND not so sure there was that much around of hair tranplants. IT is around now and prevalent, and I once sent for info on it, But found a coupon for $800 OFF the "proceedures" inside. I decided I WAS NOT vain enough even TO SAVE $800!!

It's like I've gained a few lbs over the years too, and can't seeem to lose it. I am "all belly", next you will suggest that all fat men with "beer bellies" go get liposuction!

OH, Yeah, one final thing... My hair is extrememly FINE {thin} and I may NOT qualify for a hair transplant as it MAY NOT TAKE, as I understand it, for those with very fine hair!

I am apparently not as vain as you, so please let me be.

Old 03-24-2015, 04:59 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,054,612 times
Quote:

Because most women want a man, not a vain and insecure boy.

Old 03-24-2015, 05:30 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,783,967 times
I think a lot of men look really great with no hair (or balding.) It's a very individual choice... not everyone is insecure and needs to have hair transplants, thankfully. In my family, the men tend to bald early. The women have enough hair for two heads. Seems unfair. But the men in my family have all seemed to have accepted this and either shave their heads completely or just gracefully go bald.

Old 03-24-2015, 06:22 PM

2,305 posts, read 2,406,871 times
They are ok with being bald.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty