Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 10:19 AM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Good genetics
Not sure. My three brothers are bald. The funny thing about that is my youngest brother owns LeGrande Francisco ( www.legrandefrancisco.com ) It is a hair care product company with upscale products. He has been bald for maybe 10 years. LOL My moms brothers are all bald. My dad and myself, still have all of our hair and my dad will be 77 this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 10:25 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
because straight teeth look natural when they are done and dont have plug marks on the top of their head.
i never had braces and my teeth are perfectly straight.
Some transplants are basically undetectable. Not sure even a barber could tell.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:34 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,525,447 times
I did the shaved head look for a good 10 -15 years, got the right shaped head for it, but when you get older, it's not always such a good look. Some guys can pull it off indefinitely, for me, I was looking older than I felt. Had the transplant, there is minimal discomfort the first day and that's pretty much it. No reputable surgeon does "plugs" anymore. Do I have the same head of hair that I had at 25? No, but other than a receding hairline, the scalp is now covered. Not cheap but I don't apologize for being vain. I only wish more people were more vain lol. No regrets here. If guys are happy with the shaved head, good for them, but I find it hard to believe that many guys really just don't care about their appearance (well, I guess a lot really don't) but if you do, hair replacement is an option for most. Of course I'm also pro boob jobs for the ladies and pretty much anything else that folks spend money on to look their best. I really am that shallow - whether we like it or not, society judges us all on appearances, that is just the way it is. My friends, I don't care what they look like and vice versa. But in the real world, the more attractive you are, the more options you have in just about every circumstance. Besides, plastic surgeons gotta make a living too, lol. I think there are plenty of guys out there who have had transplants but, they look natural now so, you never know whose been under the knife.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:50 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,330,688 times
I hear the add on KFI all the time for Regenix. Maybe that is the answer. Tell them that Bill Handel sent you. You can even send in a sample of your hair if you don't live in the LA area. Go to www.regenix.com

Old 03-25-2015, 12:51 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
Not sure. My three brothers are bald. The funny thing about that is my youngest brother owns LeGrande Francisco ( www.legrandefrancisco.com ) It is a hair care product company with upscale products. He has been bald for maybe 10 years. LOL My moms brothers are all bald. My dad and myself, still have all of our hair and my dad will be 77 this year.
Luck?

Old 03-25-2015, 01:28 PM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
I see so many men who are bald or at least going bald. Hair transplants are not any more expensive than a used car.

I'm relatively young and not going bald yet, but as soon as I start to lose hair, I'll be at the surgeons office so fast.

Why don't more men get hair transplants? I've heard they're very successful and I wouldn't imagine it would be any worse than wisdom teeth removal.

Because going bald is no big deal? Just because it would bother YOU to be bald, don't assume that others feel the same way.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:34 PM

118 posts, read 194,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool85 View Post
I see so many men who are bald or at least going bald. Hair transplants are not any more expensive than a used car.

I'm relatively young and not going bald yet, but as soon as I start to lose hair, I'll be at the surgeons office so fast.

Why don't more men get hair transplants? I've heard they're very successful and I wouldn't imagine it would be any worse than wisdom teeth removal.
It's not just a matter of money. The process, as I understand it, involves cutting a chunk of flesh from the back of your head, dicing it up, and putting those tiny little pieces consisting of 1-3 hair follicles back into your head, distributed around the balding area. Other than the temporary pain, the downside is that if the person doing this isn't really good, it can look fake (Fake ranging from, "that doesn't quite look right" to "Why does his hair look like that of a $5 doll?"). Another downside, is that you can continue to lose hair, making the pattern of implanted hair look absurd and maybe exposing scars that occurred as part of the process (another poster already pointed out these two items). Also, over time, repeated procedures to keep up with continuing hair loss can have you running out of scalp and have a price that is more like a slightly used Bentley than an average used car.

Old 03-25-2015, 02:34 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,875,202 times
"Because going bald is no big deal?" Can anyone imagine a woman thinking that about her own hair loss?

It bothers some men more than others, but I'd be surprised if there is any man who, deep down, isn't at all unhappy about it. It's listed as one of men's top fears. I see an archaic masculine ideal in this thread, where men aren't supposed to show 'weak' emotions.

Also, going a few posts back, Regenix seems to be one of the snake-oil products I was referring to. The kind of 'treatment' that leads to more baldness if used in place of the few proven treatments. Man's inhumanity to man....

Last edited by goodheathen; 03-25-2015 at 02:43 PM..

Old 03-25-2015, 02:47 PM

3,497 posts, read 2,656,817 times
Good idea, I’ll rush right out and get some hair transplanted. For the price of a used car I may be able to attract some younger women. Possibly as young as in their early 70's, great return on my investment.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:19 PM

749 posts, read 851,996 times
Could be because some people are too busy living their lives to waste time, money, discomfort, etc on superficial crap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty