U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 07:58 PM

3,970 posts, read 8,621,026 times

Advertisements

Most comfortable shoes EVER - Dansko, but I have foot issues!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 08:27 PM

5,574 posts, read 5,535,320 times
I have to admit, I hate, hate, hate the way Danskos look, and swore I would never own them. Then I broke down and bought a pair. I still hate the way they look, but I love to wear them!

Old 03-22-2015, 11:18 PM

3,970 posts, read 8,621,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
I have to admit, I hate, hate, hate the way Danskos look, and swore I would never own them. Then I broke down and bought a pair. I still hate the way they look, but I love to wear them!
Funny, I like the way they look but I'm in my 50's!!!

Old 03-23-2015, 06:11 AM

300 posts, read 606,742 times
I'm not a fan of the way that Danskos look, either. They look especially "clunky" on my feet - but then my ankles are as big as tree trunks - lol! They look cute on other's though, and my hair stylist (who is on her feet all day) swears by them.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:32 AM

40,888 posts, read 32,658,014 times
I tore both my achilles tendons, which required surgery and a very long recovery process. I have always been a walker and have very strong legs and feet, but I just can't take heels any longer. So after the achilles tendon drama, I got rid of all my cheap, unsubstantial shoes and slowly replaced them with Born, Cole Hahn, Ecco and Dansko (for the most part).

All of those brands have some very cute flats with good support and cushioning. Hint: take it slow and hit the end of season sales. You can buy them for pennies on the dollar. I also found some great deals on eBay and these brands seem to run very true to size so I've had good luck ordering them online. I do have an easy to fit foot though - not too wide and not too narrow and with a normal arch.

Your feet will love you.

Note on Danskos - yes, they are extremely comfortable! Yes, they also tend to be chunky. I think they look best on people with slim ankles (thank GOODNESS my ankles regained their shape after the surgery, even if one is a little bigger than the other - LOL). They also tend to be heavy, so keep that in mind.

Born makes some fabulous shoes, including flats and lots of clogs. Super comfortable. They also make some great sandals. Warning - I haven't been as pleased by "Born Concepts" as I have been by regular "Born" shoes, which are more expensive than the "Concepts" line. "Concepts" are not nearly as substantial, nor do they last as long. You may as well leave your Born shoes to someone in your will, because they will be around long after you're moldering in the grave!

And the most comfortable "cute" sneakers I've found are by Ecco.

Oh, and don't forget Keen when it comes to casual sandals, which are also great for walking, hiking, or wearing around water.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Funny, I like the way they look but I'm in my 50's!!!
I feel like they look like horse hooves on me. LOL

Old 03-23-2015, 08:04 AM

35,121 posts, read 37,802,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snootylooter View Post
I'm revamping my wardrobe and looking for stylish flats that are also a true comfort shoe. I don't want paper-thin soles and beds, but also don't want round toed/lug soled granny slip-ons either. I don't have any unusual foot problems - just the normal ones any "woman of a certain age" has - lol! Has any one found all-day wear flats that would look cute with skinny ankle jeans or skirts and are made well? I'd also like color options - and maybe a leopard pair! Thanks!!

The best thing to do is go to whatever shop you want and start trying on shoes you like.
That is the only way to know what shoe or brand will be comfortable for you.

Just because I tell you keds are comfortable for me does not me that keds will be comfortable for you.

Also, "women of a certain age" only have foot issues if they have worn heels most of their adult life.
I don't have foot issues but I haven't worn heels since I was 20 years old and I'm 54.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:22 AM

35,817 posts, read 39,346,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post

Also, "women of a certain age" only have foot issues if they have worn heels most of their adult life.
I don't have foot issues but I haven't worn heels since I was 20 years old and I'm 54.
Nah...I never, ever wear heels and I'm only in my thirties, but have had foot issies for years...same as my mom. Heels don't help, by any means, but avoiding them doesnt ensure that one won't have foot problems.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:23 AM

14,649 posts, read 29,692,844 times
One of my absolute FAVORITE brands of footwear is Clark's. I own many pairs. Most of mine are sandals, but they make all styles. Check out their "artisan" line (my favorite) and also Privo.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:30 AM

Another thumbs up for Clarks! Some of their styles are a little dowdy, but some of them are very stylish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty