U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 07:30 AM

300 posts, read 607,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
I'm going to chime in for Aerosoles, comfy and stylish another great brand for comfort are Merrell.
Will check out Aerosoles - I have liked them in the past.

btw - your name intrigues me as I lived for decades in Alaska and I love, love, love Harbor Springs, Mi!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 07:31 AM

Will check out the Tori Burch Reva's - Thanks!!

Old 03-24-2015, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I tore both my achilles tendons, which required surgery and a very long recovery process. I have always been a walker and have very strong legs and feet, but I just can't take heels any longer. So after the achilles tendon drama, I got rid of all my cheap, unsubstantial shoes and slowly replaced them with Born, Cole Hahn, Ecco and Dansko (for the most part).

All of those brands have some very cute flats with good support and cushioning. Hint: take it slow and hit the end of season sales. You can buy them for pennies on the dollar. I also found some great deals on eBay and these brands seem to run very true to size so I've had good luck ordering them online. I do have an easy to fit foot though - not too wide and not too narrow and with a normal arch.

Your feet will love you.

Note on Danskos - yes, they are extremely comfortable! Yes, they also tend to be chunky. I think they look best on people with slim ankles (thank GOODNESS my ankles regained their shape after the surgery, even if one is a little bigger than the other - LOL). They also tend to be heavy, so keep that in mind.

Born makes some fabulous shoes, including flats and lots of clogs. Super comfortable. They also make some great sandals. Warning - I haven't been as pleased by "Born Concepts" as I have been by regular "Born" shoes, which are more expensive than the "Concepts" line. "Concepts" are not nearly as substantial, nor do they last as long. You may as well leave your Born shoes to someone in your will, because they will be around long after you're moldering in the grave!

And the most comfortable "cute" sneakers I've found are by Ecco.

Oh, and don't forget Keen when it comes to casual sandals, which are also great for walking, hiking, or wearing around water.
Tried to Rep you for this - but it seems I've Rep'd you too many times! Always great tips from you!!

Old 03-24-2015, 08:35 AM

5,165 posts, read 2,398,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That's always the unicorn I am chasing..... I wore heels all my life and it was a part of my look. Then I got arthritis in my feet (not related) and FM and have switched to flats. Which sucks in your 40s.

I have a bunch of gel insole tennies, not fashionable but comfortable.... I have some cute flip flops that are pretty cushy (it's Hawaii, it's standard footwear), and then any cute sandals that have really flat bottoms I put in the stick on sandal cushions that help, and don't show. Otherwise boots come in adorable styles that are flat and comfortable, and one of my favorite fashions (not really feasible here). I have had a horrible time finding any ballet flats that I find comfortable for a variety of reasons. Things like sketchers can be cute.

I also have flat ankle high boots that are comfy and work with different outfits.
Yep, I am now recovering from my second arthrodesis (fusing the big toe joint due to osteoarthritis). I would like to find a cute shoe with a bit of a heel to wear with dresses, skirts, dressy pants occasionally, w/o pain. I miss those pointy-toe 4-5" heels of my younger days, but they did not cause the arthritis.

Any cute shoes to fit the bill? I want to shop online while recovering!

Old 03-24-2015, 08:45 AM

5,574 posts, read 5,541,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisplacesucks View Post
Any cute shoes to fit the bill? I want to shop online while recovering!
There are a bunch of online sites (Zappos, ShoeMall, 6PM, etc.) that allow you to search by multiple filters, including heel height. I would go to the dress shoe category, select the heel heights you are comfortable with, and browse away!

Old 03-24-2015, 08:47 AM

8,545 posts, read 5,269,960 times
I like Taos brand for flats. Very comfy. Cork foot bed, like Birkenstock's but way cuter.
Taos Footwear | Stylish, Comfortable Sandals, Shoes & Boots for Women

Old 03-26-2015, 09:15 AM

12,054 posts, read 19,657,142 times
I have styles from most of the ones already listed but I really like my Hotter shoes. A little pricey but you usually get $20 off of your first pair and free shipping, and they do e-mail special savings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty