U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 07:44 AM

18,794 posts, read 13,576,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Thank your feminist friends for that. The same bunch who made opening the door for you a punishable crime.
Thank a lawyer too. And the party that the American Association for Injustice (formerly the Trial Lawyers) donate 90%+ of campaign contributions to, namely the Democratic party.
https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/sum...?id=D000000065

I would never, ever compliment a female on her appearance at work. Years ago it was possible, but not anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2015, 12:21 PM

11,818 posts, read 7,691,265 times
We have to thank many of the opportunistic women out there for making it impossible for men and women to have true equality at the work place and outside.

Often an innocent comment from men are being twisted and turned into discrimination or harassment.

I posted another thread, years ago I complimented a female co-worker that she looks very fit for her age and that wasn't taken very lightly I was given noticed by HR that the female co-worker reported me.

We men keep our comments about women at work to ourselves.

Old 03-28-2015, 02:15 AM

17,158 posts, read 22,161,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
We have to thank many of the opportunistic women out there for making it impossible for men and women to have true equality at the work place and outside.

Often an innocent comment from men are being twisted and turned into discrimination or harassment.

I posted another thread, years ago I complimented a female co-worker that she looks very fit for her age and that wasn't taken very lightly I was given noticed by HR that the female co-worker reported me.

We men keep our comments about women at work to ourselves.
this is true!

good post

about 15 yrs ago, I was watching the news everynight, getting way too cynical,,,so I started being more THANKFUL for what I had,,,and part of my attitude adjustment was to give 5 random compliments a day... mostly to women..
some lady as a cashier,,,id compliment something non threatening,,,,and most of the time she might smile,,say thank you..
today . id get a sideways creepy/pervert look - society has turned men into pervs and creeps

just a couple years ago, I was at a local park,,,and a bunch of kids were playing on the swings..... the mothers were all talking amongst themselves (im doing a jog after work)
one 4-5 yr old girl wandered away from the swings and was meandering towards the street,,, I saw this and was heading to intercept her,,,but this older guy walking in front of me saw her and went over grabbed her hand, and was bringing her back to the swingset areas of the other kids

well, the nice gentlemen was almost there and the mother came over and started screaming at him,,,,he lowered his head and walked away..
the same mother that had no idea where her kid was 5 minutes earlier and this man protected her....

I made it a point to tell this mother the old man did something decent when her daughter wandered away ...
"you cant be too careful today" was her response,,,then I asked her "did you know where your kid was, when she was heading for the road..??? you should thank that old man

she gave me a dirty look but looked around to the old man,,,which was gone ..

20 years ago th old man would have gotten a thank you and maybe a hug of appreciation

Old 03-28-2015, 06:21 AM

11,882 posts, read 10,519,757 times
If girls were raised with a bit more common sense embedded, I'd be happy. There is a clear difference between the way a regular male compliments and a creep compliments. The government & corporations are replacing common sense with more regulations, hence using up money that could be saved or spent elsewhere.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:23 AM

42,565 posts, read 42,398,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
If girls were raised with a bit more common sense embedded, I'd be happy. There is a clear difference between the way a regular male compliments and a creep compliments. The government & corporations are replacing common sense with more regulations, hence using up money that could be saved or spent elsewhere.
Wut?

Old 03-28-2015, 06:39 AM

9,478 posts, read 3,776,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
There is a clear difference between the way a regular male compliments and a creep compliments.
Is there? I think the key point is whether the woman thinks the man is in the "regular" or "creep" category in the first place. If she thinks he's a creep, any compliment from him is going to be unwanted, no matter how regular he is delivering it.

Old 03-28-2015, 06:48 AM

17,158 posts, read 22,161,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Wut?
you gotta cut adi a little slack,,,poor guy is a 22 yr old virgin looking at all those good looking women in college,,id be a little squirrely ... he's never had a woman or a steak,,, two of the finest things in life

adi, this isn't a hit to you or your religion..... just saying,,,i couldn't do what you are doing,,

I think adi, was trying to say big business has trumped the respectful male character, into creeps and pervs
from all the female talk shows,,,men are predators, men are evil,,, to looking at a woman wrong can be sexual harassment,,,, and big business/tv/movies has sexualized woman to the 10th degree, while diminishing males to perversion

Old 03-28-2015, 10:46 AM

4,093 posts, read 2,819,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
I think adi, was trying to say big business has trumped the respectful male character, into creeps and pervs
from all the female talk shows,,,men are predators, men are evil,,,
This is the result of the "all sex is rape" crowd being taken seriously.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:08 PM

11,882 posts, read 10,519,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
you gotta cut adi a little slack,,,poor guy is a 22 yr old virgin looking at all those good looking women in college,,id be a little squirrely ... he's never had a woman or a steak,,, two of the finest things in life

adi, this isn't a hit to you or your religion..... just saying,,,i couldn't do what you are doing,,

from all the female talk shows,,,men are predators, men are evil,,, to looking at a woman wrong can be sexual harassment,,,, and big business/tv/movies has sexualized woman to the 10th degree, while diminishing males to perversion
I am a supporter of equality, not bias for either gender. I like to think it does not exist, but that's sadly far from the truth. Bias will exist, and I can cope with that as long as either party refrains from violence.

But when someone asks why, I'm gonna tell the truth, regardless of whether its pretty or ugly. When someone takes a shot at me, I will fire back without fear. They asked, they fire first, and I'm ready to retiliate till its done. Sugarcoating is wasteful.

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 03-28-2015 at 01:03 PM..

Old 03-28-2015, 01:55 PM
MJ7

6,221 posts, read 8,191,806 times
I pick my times and places to compliment, because some women in my experience either take it the wrong way or they take it the right way. Some women will think that I'm trying to flirt with them (and maybe I am but most often I'm not).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or