U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2015, 09:13 AM

210 posts, read 132,327 times

Advertisements

I am serious considering getting my nose fixed. Anyone here has had their nose fixed and happy with their results? I am 31, and been thinking of getting my nose fixed since I was 21. How long it take to recover from your surgery? Was it expensive??
Why did you get it done? My reason is that I want to look more beautiful.
Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2015, 04:15 PM

15,736 posts, read 11,750,377 times
I had it done and regret it. I hardly see a difference and now it is facing a little up so you can see INTO The nose. I don't like that.

If you tell the surgeon your wishes, be VERY specific. I thought he knows what he is doing and even though I paid a lot of money and all his staff had wonderful noses, mine doesn't look any different as before. His excuse "It would have collapsed if I would have shaved it down further".

Sometimes they have to break the nose, sometimes they don't. I looked beatup for at least a week (black eyes). There is swelling and you might wait have to see the endresult for many months.

But of course if you have an extremely ugly nose, it might be different. Mine wasn't that bad before. My mom didn't even see the difference to before/after.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:06 PM

15,229 posts, read 23,756,652 times
I had a deviated septum done in 1982, nose job wasn't in insurance. (It was a horrible surgery).

I had the deviated septum done again in 1992 (was much better surgery wise, they have come a long way) with a nose job, as (I had a bump on my nose because of a childhood accident where I fell against a table), I was happy with the outcome.

I still can't breathe though, but my nose looks great. LOL. My Doctor says don't get a deviated septum operation again, it doesn't work. I already know this and never recommend it, nor will I ever do it again.

But yes, go for the nose job, why not?. We have the abilities to make ourselves look better, why not?.

PS: and remember, botox is your friend if ever need be...

Old 04-01-2015, 12:11 PM

15,736 posts, read 11,750,377 times
Botox for nose issues??? For a 31 year old, seriously???:th ink:

Old 04-03-2015, 08:34 AM

10,053 posts, read 6,999,787 times
I regret doing my nose. Or at least, I should've found a better surgeon.

The surgery was a breeze. I was under twilight anesthesia, which means that you're not fully unconscious but you're sedated and rather "high" throughout it. I woke up and went home on the same hour. I didn't feel sick or anything.

It was a nightmare seeing my new nose. I was rather traumatised at first. It was very upturned and plump. The latter was due to the swelling though. Swelling did eventually go, but it was still upturned (like a curve). I hate it how when I looked in the mirror and saw nostrils flaring at me.

I did the surgery again with the same surgeon (I guess I didn't learn from my mistake). Good news is that there is no "flick". Bad news, it's still upturned, and that "metal" he's put has deviated from its place! So now, from the side it looks like I have a slightly hooked or crooked nose. It looks horrible in flashy photos - You can see a massive discolored bump that makes me look bloated or as if I was just punched.

The plus side is that because of its little hook, I don't think people can tell that I've done it. My boyfriend, not knowing that I done my nose, complimented it. With that being said, I've been thinking of doing it again with another surgeon (who does some good noses). But the idea of three nosejobs is just unreal and vain. I guess I have to live with it or at least wait until they do tip injections? I'd be content if I had a longer tip. I don't care about the hook/bump that much.

Old 04-04-2015, 09:51 PM

15,229 posts, read 23,756,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Botox for nose issues??? For a 31 year old, seriously???:th ink:
that was for the future if ever need be....

Old 04-05-2015, 01:42 AM

210 posts, read 132,327 times
Thanks for the responses...I know I must find a damn good surgeon!!!

Old 04-05-2015, 10:50 AM

2,492 posts, read 2,212,119 times
I had mine done,cosmetic and deviated septum. Still can't breathe good but not worse. Nose looks natural. Had a bump removed and tip slightly lifted. I'm Italian descent so I still have a Roman nose, would feel odd with anything other. Currently 42 and had done when i was 18. I wouldn't suggest you wait longer if your serious. It all seemed bearable back then but I'd be much more nervous now.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:19 AM

14,507 posts, read 11,489,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
I had mine done,cosmetic and deviated septum. Still can't breathe good but not worse. Nose looks natural. Had a bump removed and tip slightly lifted. I'm Italian descent so I still have a Roman nose, would feel odd with anything other. Currently 42 and had done when i was 18. I wouldn't suggest you wait longer if your serious. It all seemed bearable back then but I'd be much more nervous now.
I thought that was why most had it done to get rid of the bump.. I know a young man who had his done and his was really big for the size of his face and now it looks great and bump free ..would love mine done..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty