U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2015, 10:26 AM

21,465 posts, read 22,706,474 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapmd View Post

Makeup, to me, just screams "trashy!"

I understand *some* very, very, very subtle use of it, but caking it on is just gaudy.
How many women do you see on a daily basis who have "caked on" makeup? I notice that a lot of women wear makeup and they look fine, but I can't say that I see someone going full Kardashian very often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2015, 10:59 AM

750 posts, read 456,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Women can only tell men they are self-centered idiots for thinking the world revolves around them and their preferences.

What men do with that knowledge is up to them.
Self centered? We are trying to get woman to be the best they can be. Has nothing to do with us.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:23 AM

750 posts, read 456,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
How many women do you see on a daily basis who have "caked on" makeup? I notice that a lot of women wear makeup and they look fine, but I can't say that I see someone going full Kardashian very often.
I see women with over exaggerated eyes and lipstick on all the time.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:32 AM

21,465 posts, read 22,706,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Self centered? We are trying to get woman to be the best they can be. Has nothing to do with us.
It must be such a burden for you to know what's best for all women and to have to constantly mansplain it to us.

Old 03-28-2015, 11:50 AM

367 posts, read 290,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDALLOKUYA View Post
Not sure about statistical evidence, I am going off my experience chatting with other males.
Who are your friends. (I doubt you start this conversation with random people). Who therefore have much in common with you and think like you.

This is not a common thought, and quite frankly, most women like myself wear makeup, etc, for ourselves, and not for men.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:00 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,030,761 times
Its obvious Op is wrong from what I see.

Old 03-28-2015, 12:49 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,308,298 times
Please...men like what looks good (to them)..But I hate to break it to you,women dress for themselves and for other women. Unfortunately,you have nothing to do with it.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:13 PM

3,012 posts, read 1,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It must be such a burden for you to know what's best for all women and to have to constantly mansplain it to us.
Gosh...no kidding...I sorta choked for a minute when I read that comment. For heaven's sake...

Old 03-28-2015, 01:45 PM
Status: "Rocktober...well that was fast. :-(" (set 20 days ago)

10,294 posts, read 10,450,237 times
Quote:
Nearly all men prefer this. Talk to a few dozen, it's widely known.
Perhaps it is to you and your small circle. Most of the men I know appreciate a nicely applied amount of makeup. It enhances features and can be done right and without looking trashy. So the OP's claim for "most" and your claim for "nearly all" cannot be substantiated. You are merely voicing your opinion and projecting it onto other men. I'll pass, thanks. I can think for myself and don't need you or OP attempting to do it for me.

Quote:
The only people who haven't seem to have caught on are some segments of the female population. Of course the fashion/"beauty" industry (how many tens of billions a year?) has a vested monetary interest in promoting the use of makeup...
As has been pointed out numerous times throughout this thread, women wear what they want to wear. The mostly do it for themselves, and are less concerned (if at all) of the opinions of a few random men who take to an internet forum to smear makeup. (See what I did there? )

Quote:
Makeup, to me, just screams "trashy!"
Key words: "to me." Your opinion is fine, but it's just your opinion. It's right to you, irrelevant to the rest of us.

Quote:
I understand *some* very, very, very subtle use of it, but caking it on is just gaudy.
Now you're talking about "caking it on." You're moving the goalpost. OP didn't specify overuse of makeup, he just said "men prefer a natural look" While he complained about a specific girl wearing too much, his larger point seems to be use of in general. He, like you, seem to ignore that it is entirely possible to strike the right balance between no-use and over-use. If you want to argue extreme outliers, please start a thread specifically for that discussion. The rest of us are in the middle of the bell curve.

Old 03-28-2015, 01:52 PM

20,865 posts, read 22,446,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
When will men realize some women don't care what they prefer?

If you don't want to date the girl because she wears a wee bit too much make up then don't date her.
Pretty shallow reason in my opinion but it is your life, your choice so carry on.

Just remember you could have passed up the love of your life over a bit too much makeup.
This is the main thing. Whether or not a woman wears make up; much, too little or none at all she is wearing it for her own reasons. It's her own business. Women who like to feel attractive do it for themselves not just to attract men. Usually it's only if a woman wants to please a man she either is potentially serious about or is in a relationship with will she consider changing her makeup routine if she has one.

Otherwise, if a man is going to base a potential relationship on the basis of whether or not a woman wears too much makeup or none at all, any intelligent woman worthwhile knowing is going to reject him as a possible partner.

That's fine because it leaves the superficial men for each other who base their relationship criteria on looks. The same, of course, goes for women who judge men solely on their appearance. So it all works out for the good in the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or